Statement You Would Like To See From New Carlton Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Whoever this person might be, what is the one thing you would like to hear him (we ready for a her? I am) say about the team - not the club, the team. Here's mine:

"I don't care who you are, if you're not interested in putting the team first and giving your all, every single time you run out in the Carlton jumper, you're not wanted here".

the shame.......

LT%2B-%2BSylvester%2BJr.JPG

"I have instructed all players to have a picture of their new captain Patrick Cripps appear on their phones when their wives/girlfriends call. This way the players will get used to saying yes and pulling their weight when they see Crippa's face."

This is what ought to be said to the players...

It is pretty simple.
There are two rules.

1. Play with 100% effort, passion, hardness and intensity at all times.

2. Team comes first.

If you don't adhere to these two rules at all times you'll be in the Northern Blues side.

Every boy in this country dreams of playing AFL footy. Make no mistake you are privileged to be chosen to be on an AFL list. If you can't play with passion and hardness every week putting TEAM first then you shouldn't have signed up for the AFL draft in the first place and if you demonstrate a lack of passion and hardness and selfishness you'll be found out straight away.

Furthermore, you are fortunate to be at one of the most successful and famous sporting clubs in the world. You should all do some research into the history of this great club. All of you have an opportunity to become legends of this club if you dedicate yourself to the level of passion and hardness and selflessness required to be successful.

I believe through hard work and committment and a complete dedication to the TEAM, to your brothers standing next to you, that within the next handful of years this group of men can become successful. I believe in you, each and every one of you.

So how about it lads. Let's get to work and start doing it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what ought to be said to the players...

It is pretty simple.
There are two rules.

1. Play with 100% effort, passion, hardness and intensity at all times.

2. Team comes first.

If you don't adhere to these two rules at all times you'll be in the Northern Blues side.

Every boy in this country dreams of playing AFL footy. Make no mistake you are privileged to be chosen to be on an AFL list. If you can't play with passion and hardness every week putting TEAM first then you shouldn't have signed up for the AFL draft in the first place and if you demonstrate a lack of passion and hardness and selfishness you'll be found out straight away.

Furthermore, you are fortunate to be at one of the most successful and famous sporting clubs in the world. You should all do some research into the history of this great club. All of you have an opportunity to become legends of this club if you dedicate yourself to the level of passion and hardness and selflessness required to be successful.

I believe through hard work and committment and a complete dedication to the TEAM, to your brothers standing next to you, that within the next handful of years this group of men can become successful. I believe in you, each and every one of you.

So how about it lads. Let's get to work and start doing it!
You've got my vote!

I've decided to take this thread seriously...

This is the message on the wall of the team room at the Carlton Football Club:

When you put on that guernsey, the logo on the front
is more important than the number on the back.

IMG_0178 (1).JPG

Perhaps we could take that seriously...

You've all been chosen to represent this club because you have talent. Never EVER forget that!

All of you have talent but all of you also have aspects of your game you need to improve and I assure you the coaches and staff here will constantly educate and help you to become better footballers.

Both as individuals and as a team there will be ups and downs but I firmly believe that over time as individuals and as a team there will be forward improvement.

We will reach our goal, but you need to remember sometimes there will be steps backwards, but that these steps backwards will always be met with more steps forwards.

So, don't ever lose faith in yourself, the team, your teammates, the club, the coaches, the other staff, and the overall direction we are headed.

Backward steps will be met with more steps forward so long as you work hard all the time, put TEAM first, and never lose faith in the program and direction.

As a United group we will overcome the small humps along the way and we will emerge victorious in the long run.

Work hard.
Believe.
Never lose faith.

Repeat this mantra every day men and I promise we will be successful in the end.

There is no other way.
This is the only way.

You've all been chosen to represent this club because you have talent. Never EVER forget that!

All of you have talent but all of you also have aspects of your game you need to improve and I assure you the coaches and staff here will constantly educate and help you to become better footballers.

Both as individuals and as a team there will be ups and downs but I firmly believe that over time as individuals and as a team there will be forward improvement.

We will reach our goal, but you need to remember sometimes there will be steps backwards, but that these steps backwards will always be met with more steps forwards.

So, don't ever lose faith in yourself, the team, your teammates, the club, the coaches, the other staff, and the overall direction we are headed.

Backward steps will be met with more steps forward so long as you work hard all the time, put TEAM first, and never lose faith in the program and direction.

As a United group we will overcome the small humps along the way and we will emerge victorious in the long run.

Work hard.
Believe.
Never lose faith.

Repeat this mantra every day men and I promise we will be successful in the end.

There is no other way.
This is the only way.
1981 added to shortlist. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back