Preview Hawks vs West Coast, Rd 18 2015 OUT: Hale IN: Ceglar

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeder

Cancelled
May 25, 2015
Clifton Springs on the Bellarine Peninsula.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal-are the gunners !
Easy tiger I was responding to another posters comments re Hill. I'm not suggesting that he doesn't work I'm suggesting that when he has the fumbles it sticks out because it stops him from playing his offensive game.

The number of times he got the ball and had the time and space to run but because of a fumble couldn't on Friday night was huge. He wasn't the only one and when he did get the ball and have time his delivery was better than most but thats not to say it might not be his turn as sub is it?

He's been down on form by his own lofty standards, when Sucking was he was sub and look how he's come back from that. All I was suggesting is that Hills game style needs clean possession and if he's not getting it a run as Sub might be beneficial.
Definitley agree with this statement re Hill.

Was at the game on Friday and paid close attention to Hill and Hartung.

One thing I will say is that if I was coach, based on form and what I've seen, Hartung would be getting a full game ahead of Hill.

I'm not bashing young Brad - I think he is in the top 3 wingers in the comp. Its just the amount of times on Friday I watched a piece of play and thought Richmond just wanted it more told a story.

Hill was repeatedly beaten to contests, run around/allowed too much time to opposition ball carriers and run down by players he well and truly has covered for speed. He is playing like a bloke that knows how good he is, but is expecting us to cruise to September where he will start to play to his potential.

I compared this to Billy on the night. Billy is playing like a man who knows he's playing for his spot and he wants it. His ceiling may not be as high or he may not be as "ready" as Hill but he is playing with intent. Attacking contests, trying to break the lines and repeatedly gut running to provide outlet options - both when the game was on and when the game was over.

One is drinking his own bath water and the other is giving it everything to prove himself. I know which one I would rather have on my team tomorrow.

I'm sure Brad will turn it around once he starts playing with intensity and it would be harsh leaving him out for our road trip to his hometown.

I'd be starting him as sub and giving Billy a full game this week.

I understand that contested footy is not Hill's game or role, but tell him when he comes on he is to run hard. No more jogging in a canter and being forced to kick under pressure when he has the speed to burst away. No more jogging to a contest and letting his direct opponent gather the ball for an uncontested possession.

The other player I paid close attention to was Schoey - I thought he competed well and was actually one of our better contributors on Friday. Won't be in line for omission I would have thought.

Aug 13, 2006
Thailand
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks.
Was at the game on Friday and paid close attention to Hill and Hartung.

One thing I will say is that if I was coach, based on form and what I've seen, Hartung would be getting a full game ahead of Hill.

I'm not bashing young Brad - I think he is in the top 3 wingers in the comp. Its just the amount of times on Friday I watched a piece of play and thought Richmond just wanted it more told a story.

Hill was repeatedly beaten to contests, run around/allowed too much time to opposition ball carriers and run down by players he well and truly has covered for speed. He is playing like a bloke that knows how good he is, but is expecting us to cruise to September where he will start to play to his potential.

I compared this to Billy on the night. Billy is playing like a man who knows he's playing for his spot and he wants it. His ceiling may not be as high or he may not be as "ready" as Hill but he is playing with intent. Attacking contests, trying to break the lines and repeatedly gut running to provide outlet options - both when the game was on and when the game was over.

One is drinking his own bath water and the other is giving it everything to prove himself. I know which one I would rather have on my team tomorrow.

I'm sure Brad will turn it around once he starts playing with intensity and it would be harsh leaving him out for our road trip to his hometown.

I'd be starting him as sub and giving Billy a full game this week.

I understand that contested footy is not Hill's game or role, but tell him when he comes on he is to run hard. No more jogging in a canter and being forced to kick under pressure when he has the speed to burst away. No more jogging to a contest and letting his direct opponent gather the ball for an uncontested possession.

The other player I paid close attention to was Schoey - I thought he competed well and was actually one of our better contributors on Friday. Won't be in line for omission I would have thought.

I wouldn't even entertain the thought of omitting Brad, but by giving him the green vest, you are, at least letting him know his game is under scrutiny.

I wouldn't even entertain the thought of omitting Brad, but by giving him the green vest, you are, at least letting him know his game is under scrutiny.
Not only that you can tell him sit and watch how Izzy goes about while you're waiting to come on, or any other player if you want to see a bit of that from him

Bruest looks like he's carrying a knee injury. I wouldn't be surprised if he misses at least one week.
He either copped a knock just above or on the knee early on they showed him on the bench getting some deep heat or something rubbed into it in the first half and he came out after half time pretty proppy. I'll back him to get himself right, he cops a pounding every week and turns up to play but he didnt look great on the night

Tigers did a pretty good job on our smalls Poppy was unsighted in the first half just about and our delivery into forwad 50 wasn't helping any of our forwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hey guys!

1436.gif

Dude, I thought you were going to delete your account ?

Shakespeare is 'untouchable' and hence why we send him out to annoy the s**t out of the opposition

MC_9

Premiership Player
Aug 29, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
If Hawthorn defeats the Eagles next week and wins all of its remaining matches, it should finish second on the ladder. The result of the derby will probably affect who finishes top and who finishes third, but the Eagles' draw against the Suns means that if they lose to Hawthorn they cannot finish second, provided Hawthorn wins the following matches - the Eagles finish either top (if they beat the Dockers in the derby) or third (if they lose to Hawthorn and the Dockers).

We are a game and a half behind West Coast. So if we beat West Coast on the weekend, but they win all their remaining games, they will likely finish 2nd (unless Freo drop a bunch of games).

mikeder

Cancelled
May 25, 2015
Clifton Springs on the Bellarine Peninsula.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal-are the gunners !
Taking into account all the possible scenarios, it looks as though W.C. have the most difficult run home with 4 out of the 5 being difficult games. Freo with a possible 3 difficult games. Hawks with one difficult and 2 semi-difficult. Swans with 3 semi difficult. Tigers with 1 difficult and 2 semi difficult.Dogs with 2 difficult and 1 semi-difficult.The Roos 3 difficult to finish off their home/away.Thats how I see it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back