Rd 19 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

At the moment I have
J. Steele - K. Lambert (to free up cash for...)

O. Wines (ugh another injured player) to anyone

Who should I get? I have $612,000

Liam Picken; Avg 106 (5R 122 | 3R 112) Carl 127, GC 151, Geel 101, Coll 136, Ess 99
to come-- Port Adelaide, Melbourne, West Coast, North
+1k bank

Dan Hannebery; Avg 111 (5R 120 | 3R 109) Port; 146, Bris 127, Haw 90, WCE 86, Ade 153
to come-- Geelong, Collingwood, GWS, St Kilda
+13k bank

Andrew Gaff; Avg 106 (5R 112 | 3R 103) Melb 101, Ade 152, Coll 114, Syd 100, GC 96
to come-- Hawthorn, Fremantle, Western Bulldogs, Adelaide
+20k

Matt Priddis; Avg 105 (5R 111 | 3R 110) Melb 90, Ade 136, Coll 82, Syd 142, GC 106
to come-- Hawthorn, Fremantle, Western Bulldogs, Adelaide
+41k

Jack Macrae; Avg 107 (5R 116 | 3R 109) Carl 109, GC 143, Geel 105, Coll 116, Ess 106
to come-- Port Adelaide, Melbourne, West Coast, North
+7k

Midfield will consist of Steven, Lewis, Pendlebury, Treloar, Neale, Parker, Rockliff and (New Player)
I already have Swan, Hodge, Mundy etc in their respective positions.

Kept Fyfe so I'm hoping he's back in.
I've got an easy league match before we start finals so I could try and score some cash somewhere. Trouble is I've been desperate to get rid of Rich, Thurlow and McKernan for a while. This game would be great if it allowed 3 trades a week.

Beams > Selwood
Steele > Dawson

Leaves $237,000 to upgrade Clurey next week to a premium (along with another downgrade)

Another week another premo to trade out...
Kav > reid if he plays via lambert dpp
Wines > sidebottom or maybe bring fyfe back in if hes playing

McKernan > Reid
Steele > Bartel

Completes Fwd line so happy with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

steele -> mcveigh

then no idea. Only 75k, most of my rookies are too low to trade out, and don't know who to trade in. I still have Joel Hamling, might ditch him

Franklin and Walker (both appear hampered with injury)>>> Liam Dawson (via steele) & Bennell (had him most of the year and eventually couldn't stick with him but he's back)
So I will have Bennell & C Daniel (or Steele one will be the sub) on field instead of Franklin and Walker.

Leaves 146K to upgrade B Smith or Steele next week.

after 4 injuries last week to premos, i can finally offload gazza:
gazza > Bennell
D.Smith > Titchell

Mckernan survives again. At least he is not loosing cash
Ok so Schmidt you are going to put Bennell back in your side. Just like you I'd had him since the start of the year and put up with laziness, then injury then suspension and the last suspension had to ditch him. He's had two good scores and I can't believe he is starting to look like he is living up to his potential but I'm not convinced. (He had seven tackles last week, he doesn't tackle that must be more than he's had the rest of the year).
I'm a bit on the fence as Taylor Adams looks like another likely option, costs more and may not score as highly if Bennell can maintain his effort, but overall would be less risky. I might stick with Bennell. Any thoughts....???

Ok so Schmidt you are going to put Bennell back in your side. Just like you I'd had him since the start of the year and put up with laziness, then injury then suspension and the last suspension had to ditch him. He's had two good scores and I can't believe he is starting to look like he is living up to his potential but I'm not convinced. (He had seven tackles last week, he doesn't tackle that must be more than he's had the rest of the year).
I'm a bit on the fence as Taylor Adams looks like another likely option, costs more and may not score as highly if Bennell can maintain his effort, but overall would be less risky. I might stick with Bennell. Any thoughts....???

There are a few things here. Firstly, this time of year when cash is hard to come by I try not spend over 550k. Gazzas and defenders the exception. So I have extra cash elsewhere.

Since round 5 Bennell has scored:

There are injury gaps and cocaine snorting in there but they are premo scores. Especially for a forward.

I personally love Bennell as a player and he has a very high ceiling. He is a massive POD come finals.

I was actually going to get him last week, but wanted to see one more match. A risky pick, but I am taking the jump.

Ps. The more money you save on upgrades this time of year, the more upgrades you can make. Also the reason I am going titchell, he is such a cheap forward for his output

Last edited:
There are a few things here. Firstly, this time of year when cash is hard to come by I try not spend over 550k. Gazzas and defenders the exception. So I have extra cash elsewhere.

Since round 5 Bennell has scored:

There are injury gaps and cocaine snorting in there but they are premo scores. Especially for a forward.

I personally love Bennell as a player and he has a very high ceiling. He is a massive POD come finals.

I was actually going to get him last week, but wanted to see one more match. A risky pick, but I am taking the jump.

Ps. The more money you save on upgrades this time of year, the more upgrades you can make. Also the reason I am going titchell, he is such a cheap forward for his output

Thx I knew you would be on him for good reason. I just hope he will play to his potential if he does he could easily maintain 120's. He is an exceptionally gifted player but can be lazy as he was earlier in the year and I don't think he likes too much physical contact so he usually doesn't tackle too much. He is skilful though and have a big tank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back