Hird suing insurance for not paying his legal fees

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading why Hird got knocked back would also suggest EFC got knocked back being the plantif.

EFC may be making a correction to last years annual report in this years increasing insurance expenses and decreasing their small profit further...

Huge loss yesterday and this appears in the media today. The media take the bait and the focus drifts to this instead of his coaching

Well played James, Well played. Maybe you did learn a thing or 2 from Bomber afterall

Last edited:
If Tania failed to note the possibility of this outcome, she is at significant risk of being sued by James.

All bets are off. A lot of matter will get sucked into the gravity well of the black hole created when an ego of this magnitude reaches critical mass and implodes on itself.

Got a question:

Can Essendon sack Hird if he is suing one of his employer's agents? Or could it start a legal quagmire for Essendon?
Good question. As I understand it the deal the Sun King did with Essendon when he took his year off is that the club would not sack him until he had exhausted all is legal avenues and rights. As I understand it Sun King relied on this agreement to force Essendon to abandon their plan to appoint bomber Thompson with the Sun king threatening to take an unfair dismissal action against the club.
So is the Sun King again using this ruse instituting legal proceedings to prevent the club moving against him.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good question. As I understand it the deal the Sun King did with Essendon when he took his year off is that the club would not sack him until he had exhausted all is legal avenues and rights. As I understand it Sun King relied on this agreement to force Essendon to abandon their plan to appoint bomber Thompson with the Sun king threatening to take an unfair dismissal action against the club.
So is the Sun King again using this ruse instituting legal proceedings to prevent the club moving against him.

Think this is a different scenario though.

Sacking Hird last year after giving him an extension, not starting the extension, and not being able to coach for 12 months provided no real basis for Hird to be sacked. Also be a two year payout. Sacking him on him exercising his legal right is not really a legal basis.

12 months later (assume end of season), payout is halved, got performance issues, and the nature of the law suit being more personal as opposed to involving ASADA/AFL.

Xavier Campbell in today's paper

"There is a school of thought, about giving Albert a contract extension..."

I'm sorry, what??

yes give him an extension so we can laugh for another few years.

So the campaigner is suing his clubs insurance company, for a legal action he initiated for his sole purpose?

How can somebody take somebody to court, lose twice and expect to not pay a cent?
Given his coaching career James has come to be expected not to be questioned for anything he does not suffer financially for any thing he does

Always interesting to see fantasy land start to clash with reality.

I think Hird attended the same law school as this Mensa candidate:

A little education can be a dangerous thing, and the lass in this clip has had very little education.

Large fries today is reporting that the 640k is only Hird's cost.. ASADA has yet to send their bill to him yet, as he needs to pay their costs.

Chip expects the total to exceed 1million...
Explains selling the investment house

Remove this Banner Ad

Back