Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2015 Draft Almanac

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clubs have previous testing results from past seasons, early this season, maybe some mid year testing.

So I can't imagine the combine will make much of a difference for many.

More from a personality standpoint, that's what clubs will be more so finding out would be my best guess, both in their participation and interviews with clubs, and even then they will have seen many of these footballers earlier in the season or even in the preseason for interviews, and will have done their background checks.

So I'd be hoping not too many clubs will be changing their draft boards, or I'd suggest they have come into the combine inadequately prepaired.

As for whether I've changed my opinion as a result of the combine? I generally just flip players around as I find our more information or draw more conclusions about various players. These past few seasons I haven't been influenced by the results from the combine unless they've grown (vertically) over the course of the year quite rapidly or their testing in addition to their production is greatly improved. So I'd look at it more from an improvement standpoint and consider that element only, unless I just didn't have any testing information about a particular player and I'm for the first time absorbing that and relating that to their on-field game.

I was watching TAC Cup Future Stars and saw that Darcy Tucker was rated highly and Rebels doing very well this season and thinking any chance can go higher this season

Rate him high enough or still have Parish as you top non academy mid? I just want to see which mid is the total package that can win the ball and be damaging by foot and also can impact on the scoreboard and not sure is Parish is that complete mid from reports I've been reading

I was watching TAC Cup Future Stars and saw that Darcy Tucker was rated highly and Rebels doing very well this season and thinking any chance can go higher this season

Rate him high enough or still have Parish as you top non academy mid?

Francis though probably not a midfielder at AFL level (though he can be) would be that top rated non academy - possible midfielder.

Dunkley I like.

Mathieson I also favour to Parish and Tucker.

Balic, Partington and Bonner I have in that conversation and may move ahead of Parish depending on how strongly I feel about them all at seasons end.

Tucker I have in that next group down. He has excellent pace. But I'm not convinced he is a midfielder at the next level or of quite that same quality.

Hey mate, I love your personal rankings but how do you think the first 10 picks go based on current ladder position? I ask because you haven't made an update for a while and your opinion on the order may have changed. Cheers.

Hey mate, I love your personal rankings but how do you think the first 10 picks go based on current ladder position? I ask because you haven't made an update for a while and your opinion on the order may have changed. Cheers.

As a quick attempt.

Bris - Schache
GC - Weitering
-- Mills bid --
-- Hopper bid --
Carl - Francis
Essendon - Parish
-- Kennedy bid --
Melbourne - Mathieson
St Kilda - Balic
Port Adelaide - Curnow
Collingwood - Bonner
GWS - Tucker
-- Keays bid --
-- Hipwood bid --
Adelaide - Partington

As a quick attempt.

Bris - Schache
GC - Weitering
-- Mills bid --
-- Hopper bid --
Carl - Francis
Essendon - Parish
-- Kennedy bid --
Melbourne - Mathieson
St Kilda - Balic
Port Adelaide - Curnow
Collingwood - Bonner
GWS - Tucker
-- Keays bid --
-- Hipwood bid --
Adelaide - Partington

Thanks mate.

Interesting you have Bonner as a riser. Also seems there's a clear top 4 (excluding academy selections), in the eyes of recruiters anyway.

As a quick attempt.

Bris - Schache
GC - Weitering
-- Mills bid --
-- Hopper bid --
Carl - Francis
Essendon - Parish
-- Kennedy bid --
Melbourne - Mathieson
St Kilda - Balic
Port Adelaide - Curnow
Collingwood - Bonner
GWS - Tucker
-- Keays bid --
-- Hipwood bid --
Adelaide - Partington
So which one out of Keays and Hipwood do you think Collingwood will get there's no way Brisbane can get both with bids at 10

Thanks mate.

Interesting you have Bonner as a riser. Also seems there's a clear top 4 (excluding academy selections), in the eyes of recruiters anyway.

I'd say a clear two. Probably three. Then there will be some variance.

Mathieson, Balic. Those guys may be taken ahead of Parish. Tucker could plausibly.

So which one out of Keays and Hipwood do you think Collingwood will get there's no way Brisbane can get both with bids at 10

I have no insight into who or if Collingwood like either of Keays or Hipwood. Both are worth top 10 picks being bid, whether that happens of course is the unknown until the bidding happens.

Brisbane can get both Keays and Hipwood if motivated, regardless of what is bid.

I get the feeling that the four northern clubs may not bid on other academy players. Don't think there is the incentive, might be fouling your own nest for no real result if the owning club takes them anyway.

You bid up our Johnny Blogs last year so we'll bid up your Billy Smith this year. Why do it, leave it up to the southern clubs to bump up players.

Guess we'll see what does happen on draft day/night but still think there will be a hands off adopted by the northern clubs who feel the southerners are against them so hang together.

Given Brisbane's go home drama of 2013 and Aish this year, I can't see them not taking their academy players, they need talent as soon as possible, if it's homegrown or aligned (Schache) all the better.

Several clubs reported to be showing interest including mine in mature age KPD Michael Hartley currently at Coburg, your opinion ability wise KM??

KM,
Word is we are looking at taking Clayton Oliver in the 3rd round. He's played a few vfl games for us. What can you tell me about him?

Why do you have Essendon with the number 1 pick in your phantom draft? You must have some serious hate going on! Even if we lose the next 5 games by 20 goals + do you really expect the Suns/Lions to win 3 out of 5?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knightmare I've seen Ben Simpson has been invited to the Victoria Screening Day. What are your thoughts on him as a player? For mine I think he's one that has disappointed this year and I was surprised to see her landed an invite, however I do think he has some AFL traits. Where would he fall?

KM I've asked Bishop same question wondering your take on this

Harley Balic, Darcy Tucker and Mathieson seem to have more hardness than that of Darcy Parish. Darcy Parish seems like a James Aish which is too much of an outside player

Balic I've been reading is compared to Pendlebury and Petracca. Parish also looks alot smaller than the 3 mentioned. Why is Parish rated above these 3 when the 3 mentioned above have stood out a lot. Tucker doing very well for the Rebels

Parish is compared to Aish or a Daisy Thomas.
I'd rather have a Pendlebury than Aish if you know what I mean

KM I've asked Bishop same question wondering your take on this

Harley Balic, Darcy Tucker and Mathieson seem to have more hardness than that of Darcy Parish. Darcy Parish seems like a James Aish which is too much of an outside player

Balic I've been reading is compared to Pendlebury and Petracca. Parish also looks alot smaller than the 3 mentioned. Why is Parish rated above these 3 when the 3 mentioned above have stood out a lot. Tucker doing very well for the Rebels

Parish is compared to Aish or a Daisy Thomas.
I'd rather have a Pendlebury than Aish if you know what I mean

You are way off the mark with Tucker and Parish especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back