What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

There is every chance we will play North or Richmond in the first final, and as our home game.

So it only seems fair that we get to travel back from Brisbane with a 2 day less break.

Good work Gillo:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on tonights Footy Classified, can lock us in for the sunday fixture for round 23. ******* d*cks they are.

He said Rich v North on Friday and then the Top 4 play on Saturday.

That would leave us to play on Sunday......

.......UNLESS they play 5 games on a Saturday.

That will be the argument we will make if we have to. Let's hope we don't have to.

He said Rich v North on Friday and then the Top 4 play on Saturday.

That would leave us to play on Sunday......

.......UNLESS they play 5 games on a Saturday.

That will be the argument we will make if we have to. Let's hope we don't have to.
Isn't five games on the Saturday de rigueur now with nine games per round? Also, a couple of weeks ago the AFL put out an article saying they could potentially have six on the Saturday and two on the Sunday.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-22/fixture-for-final-round-remains-undecided

It should be 6 games on the Saturday, also, we are in a stronger position than Geelong and Adelaide, why should they get Saturday priority before us? Also, playing Brisbane on a Sunday afternoon is bullshit due to the potential heat and travel factor, other interstaters get looked after, why are we canned here? The game should be a Saturday night or twilight game and gives us a 7/8 day break coming into a potential elimination final. All this interstate travel could bring us undone, thanks AFL, where was the Perth trip weeks beforehand :rolleyes: been inconvenienced by the fixture in different ways this year.

GWS are behind the eightball now while Collingwood are gone, they should play on Sunday.

Last edited:
I reckon it will look like this....
Friday night
Rich vs Norf (channel 7 wants it)
Saturday
Hawthorn vs Carlton 1.10pm aest
Port Adelaide vs Fremantle 2.10pm aest
West Coast vs St Kilda 3.40pm aest
Sydney swans vs Gold Coast 7.20pm aest
Brisbane vs Western Bulldogs 7.40pm aest
Sunday
Geelong vs Adelaide 1.40pm aest
(If Geelong or Adelaide make 8 elim final will be on Sunday)
Collingwood Vs Essendon 3.40pm
Melbourne vs Gws 4.40pm

I know it's because Channel 7, but I'd be so pissed off if we finished above Richmond and North and had to play one in week 1 of the finals and they had an extra days break. Other clubs would be jumping up and down about it. Guess we need to see how it plays out

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ards-in-the-game/story-fnp04d70-1227468493043

Little bit of Dahl love. He's ranked fourth best mid-fwd in the game behind Deledio, Robbie Gray and Bennell, but I'd argue he's a better well rounded midfielder than Bennell too

This link will avoid the subscription filter. http://mobile.news.com.au/national/...ards-in-the-game/story-e6frfkp9-1227468493043

Not sure if I'm allowed to post it but mods, let me know if I shouldn't

Other than the obvious reason (AFL hates us) what's the reason for us not being able to play Rd 23 on the Friday night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back