VFL Round 17 - Collingwood v Northern Blues at the MCG (Pies WON 136-68, stats p9, replay p11)

Remove this Banner Ad

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
When and Where:
10:16am this Saturday at the home of Australian rules football.

Broadcast:
TV - Channel 7 in Victoria from 12:00pm (1 hour 56 minute delay between first bounces).

Radio - Streamed live on Collingwood Radio via collingwoodfc.com.au (either at this link or at this portal) and through the Collingwood FC smartphone app for iPhone and Android from 10:15am. Data usage and charges apply, including for Telstra customers.

Internet - LiveChat at collingwood.fc.com.au, full video replay available Saturday evening/early Sunday. Score updates at Nick's Bulletin Board and on Twitter at @VFLPies.

Team:

B: Goldsack Oxley Goodyear
HB: Manteit R. Pendlebury Taylor
C: Armstrong Kennedy Young
HF: Gault Cox White
F: Close Karnezis Dwyer
R: Witts Moloney Seedsman
Int: Blair Monkhorst Hellier Borthwick Wallin Mennen* J. Williams Gray Matheson

Where They Sit:
Collingwood: 7th (9 wins, 5 losses, 2 byes, 100.17%)
Blues: 14th (4 wins, 10 losses, 2 byes, 85.29%)

Last Time They Met:
Round 13, 2014 at Preston City Oval
Northern Blues 16.9.105, def
Collingwood 12.15.87

Head to Head:
Played: 12
Collingwood: 4
Northern Blues: 8

How They Fared Last Week:
Williamstown 14.13.97, def
Collingwood 9.11.65

North Ballarat 20.17.137, def
Northern Blues 2.13.25

The Run Home:
Collingwood - Blues (H), North Ballarat (H), Richmond (H*), Port Melbourne (H)
Northern Blues - Collingwood (A), Sandringham (H), Box Hill (H), Geelong (A)

* Tentatively scheduled at Victoria Park, but can possibly be moved to the MCG to act as a curtain-raiser.

NOTE:
- This match will obviously be played as a curtain-raiser to the Collingwood vs Carlton AFL game. All gates (Public, AFL Members and MCC Members) open from 9:50am. Car parking Gates 7 and 3 open from 7:30am and 8:00am, respectively. However, in the event of poor weather, this match will be transferred back to Victoria Park. Check the Collingwood website and back here for updated information as it comes to hand.

- Quarters 1 and 2 will both be played over a flat 30 minutes, with no time-on. Quarters 3 and 4 will both be played with 20 minutes of regular time plus time-on, capped at 32 minutes. Quarter time and three quarter time will run for 6 minutes each, while half time will run for 18 minutes. This will result in a finishing time of approximately 12:50pm, a break between games of about 55 minutes. Patrons will not be allowed onto the ground during any break in play.

Trivia:
- This will be the first time since 2000 that the Collingwood VFL team has competed in a curtain-raiser for premiership points on the hallowed turf of the Melbourne Cricket Ground. The VFL Magpies last played in a premiership season curtain-raiser at the MCG way back in Round 9, 2000 against Richmond. On that day, the Magpies triumphed by 11 points, after trailing by 17 points at quarter time.

- Furthermore, it will be the first time that the Collingwood VFL team and the Northern Blues (nee Bullants) have met at the Melbourne Cricket Ground for premiership points. However, the VFL Magpies did face the short-lived Carlton VFL team at the MCG in a curtain-raiser way back in Round 2, 2000. On that day, the good guys prevailed by 2 points in a high-scoring thriller.

Over to you...

Last edited:
So the VFL game will be televised before the AFL game?

When will we know whether the Richmond game will be a curtain raiser at the G also?

12.40 finish, nice, can then head outside and enjoy the multicutural festival.:drunk:

This is great though, old school double header at the G, even if there is a decent gap between the two games.

The players that will really enjoy this are the ones that are VFL listed.

Plus Mason Cox gets a look at the G too.

When will we know whether the Richmond game will be a curtain raiser at the G also?

Just asked the club. This was their answer:

So, looks like it will be Vic Park, then a mad dash to the G afterwards...

Just asked the club. This was their answer:

So, looks like it will be Vic Park, then a mad dash to the G afterwards...

As long as they leave it at 10.30 it should be fine, would finish just after 1pm giving us 40 minutes or so to get to the G.

I love those Vic Park/MCG double headers anyway.

As long as they leave it at 10.30 it should be fine, would finish just after 1pm giving us 40 minutes or so to get to the G.

I love those Vic Park/MCG double headers anyway.

Yep, the game will finish at approx 1:10pm, so at least half an hour to get down to the G. Could get tricky if going by car, given Melbourne traffic and parking, but by train shouldn't be a hassle.

That game is on TV too, al beit delayed again...

Be Fantastic to do what my Dad use to do when he went to the Footy.

Have the Double Header and makes for a fun day at the Footy.

What is the Seating Plan for the VFL Game?

Yep, the game will finish at approx 1:10pm, so at least half an hour to get down to the G. Could get tricky if going by car, given Melbourne traffic and parking, but by train shouldn't be a hassle.

That game is on TV too, al beit delayed again...

Long as Metro is Running Fine

Be Fantastic to do what my Dad use to do when he went to the Footy.

Have the Double Header and makes for a fun day at the Footy.

What is the Seating Plan for the VFL Game?

Would assume it would be the same as for the AFL, wouldn't it? Buy your ticket, sit in your designated seat (or in General if you walk up).

Would assume it would be the same as for the AFL, wouldn't it? Buy your ticket, sit in your designated seat (or in General if you walk up).

That what I reckon will happen but I was wondering IF you could sit anywhere for the VFL Game.

I would just stay in my seat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's the seating for this game (as of today, might change by Saturday). If you get there early enough you can get GA seating on the bottom deck in the Ponsford or Southern Stand behind the goals.

GENERAL ADMISSION SEATING
Great Southern Stand
M1-M2
Q1-Q4
Q5-Q14 (Rows P-DD)

Ponsford Stand
Q31-Q35 (Rows U-MM)
Q36 (Rows AA-MM)

Olympic Stand
M56-M57
Q49 (Rows U-MM)
Q50-Q53 (Rows K-MM)
Q54-Q57

I'll be in M17, AFL members though.

Club has issued a revised playing time regime for this game, which is a change from the advice I was aware of previously, but it does provide for a slightly longer game, which is good.

First Quarter: 30 minute set with no time on
Second Quarter: 30 minute set with no time on
Third Quarter: 20 minutes plus time on (as per AFL home and away season), capped at 32 minutes
Fourth Quarter: 20 minutes plus time on (as per AFL home and away season), capped at 32 minutes

Quarter time break: 6 minutes
Half time break: 18 minutes
Three quarter time break: 6 minutes

Please note: There are to be no spectators on the ground during the breaks in play.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-08-04/collingwood-goes-back-to-the-future

Okay, so doing my sums, that should wash out in a revised finishing time of approximately 12:50pm, which leaves a gap of about 55 minutes between games, which isn't so bad.

OP updated accordingly...

Here's the seating for this game (as of today, might change by Saturday). If you get there early enough you can get GA seating on the bottom deck in the Ponsford or Southern Stand behind the goals.

I'll be in M17, AFL members though.

So where I sit is just General Admission:mad: Kind of sucks that I Reserve a Seat for the Seaoson but anyone can sit there

- This match will obviously be played as a curtain-raiser to the Collingwood vs Carlton AFL game. All gates (Public, AFL Members and MCC Members) open from 9:50pm.

BYO pillow and doona and snuggle in for a long evening :p

You'd think they now have the running for him over St Kilda where he also qualifies.

Would get more games at the Blues then at the saints at the Moment

Chances of this fellow called 'Nathan Freeman' playing? Would be great to see if he indeed exists.

"Almost certainly won't play this week", according to Balme, which could mean anything from 'he's not quite there yet' to 'hamstrings have packed it in, congratulations on a magnificent career'...:drunk:

Being serious though, the talk is he'll play next week against North Ballarat at Vic Park. Even then though, it will likely only be a half, but the best Christmas presents are those which are unwrapped slowly (or some such nonsense...) :D

OP updated with new broadcast info, namely confirmation that there will be Collingwood Radio after all...:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back