• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Firewalker

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is Matthew Wright the Shane Watson of the Adelaide Football Club or is he secretly the misunderstood undercover superhero of our team?

Seen by many on the outside as a non-contributor primed for selection axing yet he is fiercely protected and lauded by Club officials and teammates for his underrated and unnoticeable actions on-field, Taylor Walker going as far as calling him one of if not the most important player in the team.

Question is what does Wright do to earn all these plaudits of those around the club? Is he so unselfish and deemed so beneficial to team structure that he is 'undroppable' or is it just the classic case of protecting a good team guy and giving him more chances then he perhaps deserves?

Undroppable_matty_wright.png

(People unfamiliar with the Netflix series 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' will struggle with this reference)

I heard a bit of tex talking him up on the radio today. He ain't getting dropped any time soon I'm afraid.

is it like when the players say how good a coach is and then he gets sacked a week later?

Maybe he's just giving him a public confidence boost before they send him back to the magoos*

*unlikely as it is he will be dropped ;)

Next time my boss complains about me missing my KPI's I'll just reply that my work is conducted in non-statistical categories, so I can't be fired.

Hopefully your boss is a Crows fan and he gets it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There once was a man named Matty Wright
Picked in the side every Thursday night
Even though last week he was really shite
He's an enigma, that Matty Wright

In the forward 50 he does stand
Doesn't score goals, doesn't stop his man
Plays a role we don't understand
He's an enigma that Matty Wright

He's the opposite of Supercoach Gold
Won't get leather poisoning from a ball
Coaches won't make the tough call
He's an enigma Matty Wright

He's the teams most important man
A non statistical role we don't understand
on BF he doesn't have a fan
He's an enigma that Matty Wright

Last edited:
This is the perfect Bigfooty Storm. Player seriously not performing whilst SANFL players are ripping it up. The club don't explain his unstatistical role, whilst referring he plays an unstatistical role (shakes head every timeI say that). And a massive loss on the weekend.

It's times like this I will forever be thankful I stumbled across bigfooty.

So many polls that could be taken! When will he be dropped? Next goal? How many nonstaristical stats will he rack up!.........

These selections seriously need to stop.

I suspect he is one of those players given a certain role within the team that he performs to the teams expectations but to anyone outside the team its a mystery. If its true he has a role surely its only fair to Matthew to let the AFC supporters in on it. If he has no specific role than the AFC need to justify his selection and at present they arent doing it.

Next time my boss complains about me missing my KPI's I'll just reply that my work is conducted in non-statistical categories, so I can't be fired.

Do we even know he is missing his KPIs? Thats just an assumption based on opinion. Think about the role of a retail person. If they have no customers are they doing nothing? No, shelves are being re stocked. Items being priced etc.

I heard a bit of tex talking him up on the radio today. He ain't getting dropped any time soon I'm afraid.

I'm never one to take any notice of what players, coaches, officials say in public. They're never going to publicly slam one of their teammates or anyone else at the club. Having said that, there can be a bit of context, which I have no idea of. But I would presume that the reason there was even discussion is that it was brought up by the interviewer because a) they think that Wright has been s**t, or b) the club has asked for the question, so that Tex can provide a pre-prepared answer. This could either be because a) he's about to be dropped and we remain far too nice to just drop someone without suggesting that they're in All-Australian form, but just need to work on a couple of minor deficiencies in the 2's or b) they're trying to change public perception because this plodder will not be dropped in the foreseeable future.

Back