Strength Weight Training: Anything and Everything II

Remove this Banner Ad

Might get definition but they'll stay small

I beg to differ, his muscles will grow due to the amount of volume. Definition will come from lower body fat levels, the old notion of higher reps for definition and low reps for biggers muscles is a fallacy. If anything higher reps will give you more muscle growth, lower reps will make you stronger. ANy type of resistance training will cause muscles to grow.

As for BrockBlitz, keep going with it mate. It's obviously a challenge you have set yourself, your body won't shut down, your msucle wont go catabolic. All that will happen is your muscles will grow and you will get stronger.

I have done 100 x 100kg (including barbell), it took me around 12 sets to do them all up. A tough mental as well as physical challenge but very satisfying upon completion.

Yeah I go through periods where I squat around 4 times per week. Normally only once a year mid-way through my offseason. The point remains though that 100 reps of 100+kgs every day is absolute overkill.

Completely agree. It's way overkill. But isn't that the point of a challenge ?

In my experience legs can take a lot of punishment, my best gains were from squatting 5-6 times a week. I varied the intensity though, I dunno about going balls to the wall every day.

Same goes for bi's from my experience. My legs really blew up with 3x20 squats 3 days per week.

Hitting the gym regularly again. Fustrating to say the least. I was right into the powerlifting 18 months ago and now im starting at square 1 again.

Just a tad over 110 kgs...yeah I know.

Got down to a 100. Its more the weight im lifting that is fustrating. Starting at baby weights again. Where I was 18 months ago seems like a life away atm
I was in a hiatus for 6 months. i gained 3-4 kilos.
I started from scratch once again and in about 2 months i was lifting more than i used to.
Yeah it was annoying when i had to start again but after the first couple of weeks, i started enjoying it.
Think of the benefits and keep going brah ;)
I increased 5 kilos for each workout every week

I beg to differ, his muscles will grow due to the amount of volume. Definition will come from lower body fat levels, the old notion of higher reps for definition and low reps for biggers muscles is a fallacy. If anything higher reps will give you more muscle growth, lower reps will make you stronger. ANy type of resistance training will cause muscles to grow.

As for BrockBlitz, keep going with it mate. It's obviously a challenge you have set yourself, your body won't shut down, your msucle wont go catabolic. All that will happen is your muscles will grow and you will get stronger.

I have done 100 x 100kg (including barbell), it took me around 12 sets to do them all up. A tough mental as well as physical challenge but very satisfying upon completion.

I need to increase my muscle size - what sort of rep range, number of sets and number of exercises would you recommend per session?

I need to increase my muscle size - what sort of rep range, number of sets and number of exercises would you recommend per session?

Well this is what works for me;

6 sessions a week, pull (back, biceps, traps) legs (quads and hammies) push (chest, triceps, shoulders) twice a week.

Pull workouts - back 20 sets - 6-10 reps, biceps 10-12 sets 10-15 reps, traps 4-8 sets x 10-15 reps
Leg workouts - quads 20 sets 10-15 reps, hammies 10 sets 10-15 reps, calves 5-10 sets 15-20 reps
Push workouts - chest 20 sets - 6-10 reps, triceps 10-12 sets 10-15 reprs, shoulders 12-15 sets 8-15 reps

Consistency with training and diet is key.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 sessions a week, pull (back, biceps, traps) legs (quads and hammies) push (chest, triceps, shoulders) twice a week.

Pull workouts - back 20 sets - 6-10 reps, biceps 10-12 sets 10-15 reps, traps 4-8 sets x 10-15 reps
Leg workouts - quads 20 sets 10-15 reps, hammies 10 sets 10-15 reps, calves 5-10 sets 15-20 reps
Push workouts - chest 20 sets - 6-10 reps, triceps 10-12 sets 10-15 reprs, shoulders 12-15 sets 8-15 reps

Holy bajesus thats a lot of sets !

Holy s**t, I'd be mentally shot before I even started if I knew I had 40 odd sets in front of me!

And 6 days a week too, you must be one hardcore hombre. Bet you look forward to your rest day!

Day 26 of the challenge.

Anterior lateral left quad is torched but still going ok.
Lots of SMR needed. Still doing 10x10. 45kg today, 2600 squats so far. About 65 tons so far.

will you stop of that quad becomes more of an issue?

I still have full range of motion, strength etc, its just really sore to touch and while squatting. Until it limits my ability to perform I'll continue. In truth I've always err'd on the side of caution and part of this challenge was to see how far I can really keep pushing.

Hi guys, I'm looking for some inspiration for a new routine. At the moment I'm still doubting between a push/legs/pull split (5 day cycle) or a push/pull split (3 day cycle with a lighter session every 3rd cycle).

Does anyone have experience with this?

Hi guys, I'm looking for some inspiration for a new routine. At the moment I'm still doubting between a push/legs/pull split (5 day cycle) or a push/pull split (3 day cycle with a lighter session every 3rd cycle).

Does anyone have experience with this?

So no legs in the push/pull (second option) split?

For me i train pull/legs/push twice a week and rest Sundays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back