Streaming [HBO] True Detective

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Davis` death threw me. Didn't see the blood till Ray did.

Great ep, but the one thing that's nagging me is the amount of emphasis the story places on peripheral characters that we've hardly know anything about like Casper. It's an effort to keep track of everyone. Tempted to re-watch it all before next week.

Couldn't help but laugh at the attorney general suddenly deciding to make them all undercover detectives.

giphy.gif
Well yeah, it's a TV show, things are always going to work out. I'm not sure why season one of this show gets put up on some massive pedestal. It was good no doubt, but this season is fine as well.

It must have been a good episode as it felt tense all of the way through.

I think that McAdams and Farrell are really showing their chops as actors, particularly McAdams. Her vulnerability from under the toughness is really starting to come through but in a slow and subtle way.

Poor old Woodrow, he had the skills until the end there.

I think VV does a good job with Frank when he is doing all the gangster stuff, just keep him away from the crappy stuff with his mrs.

Looking forward to the final episode.

Davis` death threw me. Didn't see the blood till Ray did.

Great ep, but the one thing that's nagging me is the amount of emphasis the story places on peripheral characters that we've hardly know anything about like Casper. It's an effort to keep track of everyone. Tempted to re-watch it all before next week.

Yeah Farrells reaction when he saw her was great too.

Agree it was a bit hard to follow but to be honest I havent paid a great deal of attention to all those side chracters names a minor details which left me a bit lost in that ep.

He has been in every ep his name is Burris.

Thought that was him haven't really been paying attention though.

This is going to end like the first one isn't it, all the killings will be Burris and ultimately the big underground society will mean nothing

Honestly it is so hard to keep up, they have swollen the list of people involved in the story and how they are all connected to the point that without alot of clunky exposition you spend most of your time wondering who they are talking about or who is on your screen. This can work but not in 8 episodes with so much other stuff going on.

Its the first show i can remember intently watching and still feeling pretty lost.

There is something NQR with the VV's wife. One minute she's pleading with him to get out of the business, the next she doesn't blink an eyelid when she walks into his office and sees a dead body o the floor.

lol Frank with the scorched earth policy, nice one.

Paul what a boss. Dunno if I like Burris just happening to be lurking at the random door that Paul emerged from. Guess you could argue they would have had guys stationed at every exit, lover boy did say he had lots of eyes on him before he took him into the tunnels.

Thinking Woodrugh getting killed will be the catalyst (LOL, pun) for fed involvement/interest too. Dead cop, dead mercenaries in the tunnels.

Not to mention a dead district attorney

Was enjoying the opening scene with Bezzeridis and Velcoro, her talking about waiting her whole for that or looking for that and then slipping up about running out of the woods was good some writing IMO but then she tried to **** him which seemed out of place and ruined the end of the scene despite a small recovery will Velcoro saying she was out of his league anyway lol.

Thought that was ok, she was still trolleyed - she even said so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well yeah, it's a TV show, things are always going to work out. I'm not sure why season one of this show gets put up on some massive pedestal. It was good no doubt, but this season is fine as well.

I second this. Too much pseudo philosophical wank in S01 and not enough substance for me too deem it a 'great' show. Probably in the minority but I'm enjoying S02 a lot more than S01.

just got back from the rally?

lulz Pay that.

Like I said on another thread (assuming post wasn't deleted) as a child of non european migrant parents and raised in several 'multicultural' enclaves/ghettos of Melbourne I have come to appreciate the different cultures/ethnicities (Vietnamese, Thai, Indian, etc..) that have made this city their home; arguably more so than your average anglo who rarely comes in contact with the so-called 'ethnics'.

However my experiences with Muslims (even prior to 9/11) in my formative years did not leave a good impression on me (disturbing to put it mildly) and sadly the rise of ISIS and all the other 'issues' associated with Islam has not surprised me in the slightest. I'll just leave it at that.

FWIW S01 was set in a 'hole' too, redneck Southern America, but for whatever reason LA cops this label (unfairly IMO) more than any other US city that I've noticed.

I second this. Too much pseudo philosophical wank in S01 and not enough substance for me too deem it a 'great' show. Probably in the minority but I'm enjoying S02 a lot more than S01.
The philosophical wank is what made the show interesting. Without it it's just a dumb generic cop show.

Finishing strongly. Another solid episode. Vince Vaughn featured prominently and it worked very well. The story line resembles the tangled freeway and overpass mess we see at the start of the episodes but the last few episodes have been lucid and the payoffs are emerging. Looking forward to the finale.

If the repeating shopping list is legit that is gold.

AK-47 x 2
Frag Grenades x 10
AK-47 x 2

Lol Frank has dementia
He wanted 2 cars with guns so its supposed to be a separate list for each car, still doesn't make much sense though.

Yeah Burris could easily be the birdman
Birdman didn't kill the cop and Burris did killed the cop but I don't know if that necessarily means they are different people. Might just mean he is getting more desperate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back