Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

On reading that I don't know if his papers are stamped by the club per se (I can see a "trade bait but retain if no good offers" situation here), but I do get the impression that Maj will be very open to fielding offers from other clubs. I certaintly get the impression neither is rushing to sign up with the other.

If he is gawn, I hope we somehow manage to get overs for him (whatever that might be!). Of course, I would much prefer to see him breaking defenders like Bane breaking Batman for the next 5 years.

Shane Casley? holy s**t didnt even know he was a manager. he used to run auskick when i did it with his son. top bloke. also was a assistant coac for us when i played juniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going on the weather forecast and the game being at the G this is not the week to bring in Majak , maybe the week we play Freo with that being the week they rest half their team .
I think Brown is great and the future BUT if his stats at half time this week belonged to Majak he would of been subbed out at half time , my question is why is Majak marked so harshly ?
I'm a massive Majak fan because I believe in the " X Factor " , but I can't see him at our club next year because the club sees our Premiership window open and can't leave him in the VFL for another season waiting for some kind of opertunity . I hope I'm wrong and his still around in 2016 preparing for the post Petrie - Waite years

me too.

If we don't crack a grand final with Waite then any analysis has to account for any detrimental effect his recruitment may have had for Black and Daw.
Black can blame himself for the fact that he's gone backwards this year. No one with his ability should be playing the way in which he has been.

Black can blame himself for the fact that he's gone backwards this year. No one with his ability should be playing the way in which he has been.

Agree. There is a degree that I am willing to entertain the concept that development is harmed however the fact remains that if you can't outperform a 31 year old (or a couple of them in this case) as you are starting to approach your prime then you have bigger problems.

I have always thought that AFL football is 90% above the head, I am starting to think AFL is 90% about fitness and missing preseasons is an absolute killer for developing players, just look at the revival of Firrito since he has been able to get his body right and the demise in McMahon since he was ill a few years back, listen to Jobe (the flog) Watson talk about how fitness was the difference between being captain or traded a few years back. I don't think we should underestimate the effects of surgery at the end of 2014 had on both Black and Majak, I look forward to a better run from these two after hopefully a full preseason this year.

We are not winning the flag so why not give Maj 50 consecutive games like we did Ben10 (who averaged about 10 touches a game and no hit outs or goals in said 50???? It's going to take a season of senior exposure to know whether he can make it. He's already better than Chris Dawes!

We are not winning the flag so why not give Maj 50 consecutive games like we did Ben10 (who averaged about 10 touches a game and no hit outs or goals in said 50???? It's going to take a season of senior exposure to know whether he can make it. He's already better than Chris Dawes!
How the hell do you know this are you a fortune teller?

Anything can happen. We havent played our best football all year and teams can drop form as quickly as gain it. The * were one of the biggest morals in 99 and look what happened

We have an ideal draw with some easier teams then a couple of tough teams before finals to see where we're really at. Even if we don't make top 4 we're still an outside chance as long as we turn up to play.

So your thinking is Brown can struggle for weeks on end, but by crikey I am not giving Daw more then 60 minutes to impress me. cool:thumbsu: we know where you stand.

How has brown struggled weeks on end at all though? He kicked 4 v * and 3 v the lions. He has so many more runs on the board than Majak. He basically single handedly won us a final ffs. He's gonna stay for this year I'm sorry.

Last edited:
I have always thought that AFL football is 90% above the head.........

Bring back the dreads?

Majak-Daw_01.jpg

If Brown struggles again this week I'd bring back Daw
Which is why I am thanking the f****** lord you're not on the selection committee.

Ridiculous call.
So your thinking is Brown can struggle for weeks on end, but by crikey I am not giving Daw more then 60 minutes to impress me. cool:thumbsu: we know where you stand.
How has brown struggled weeks on end at all though? He kicked 4 v * and 3 v the lions. He has so many more runs on the board than Majak. He basically single handedly won us a final ffs. He's gonna stay for this year I'm sorry.

so comparing form and rewarding or punishing form should have nothing to do with our selection policies? is that what you are saying?

so comparing form and rewarding or punishing form should have nothing to do with our selection policies? is that what you are saying?

No I'm not saying that at all, I'm saying in Brown's case the comparison of form is inadequate, he's been one of our best players since he came back in and for that reason he won't be making way for Daw anytime soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back