Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...er-campbell-says/story-fni5f6kv-1227466998601

“James is contracted next year and James will coach the club next year. 100 per cent. I can’t see anything else changing between now and then,’’ he told 3AW.

“I appreciate there is a school of thought around extending (his contract) but we will set relevant KPIs for James like we do for other football staff and we will go from there"

Wow EFC board are bat-s**t insane, I'd like to know what the KPI's are to get another contract?

1) Regularly insult the AFL
2) Insult any ex-players who refused to drink the cool-aid
3) Lawsuits at regular intervals
4) Blame the on field performance on WADA/ASADA/AFL
5) Be positive about Dank's integrity
6) Only select ruckmen against teams with no decent ruckmen, preferably then have at least two in the team.
The only KPI is to keep the evidence buried.

Hird is no longer a flog. Now officially a naffin flog. How many people does he want to get offside?

Let me get this right...............please correct me if I am wrong as I am not the sharpest tool in the shed:
  • Was paid $1m to take a holiday in France for 12 months
  • feed $640k of the $1m to Lawyers and to cover associated court costs
  • now wants to claim the $640k from insurers?
If I was given $1m and went to France for awhile, I'd shut the f@$k up, take the cash and cut my losses. But that's just me. I guess I ain't brave like Sir Jimmy naffin Flogalot.

Two words:

'Cor blimey!!

I see the lawyers are still happy to take Hird's money. The problem with so many of them is they don't fully understand the way insurance policy wordings are written & of course are going to tell Hird that the insurer has got it wrong. I can guarantee they would be unable to explain to Hird why they believe the insurer has got it wrong.

I see the lawyers are still happy to take Hird's money. The problem with so many of them is they don't fully understand the way insurance policy wordings are written & of course are going to tell Hird that the insurer has got it wrong. I can guarantee they would be unable to explain to Hird why they believe the insurer has got it wrong.
Either that or they have read his personality correctly and are milking him for all his ego has to give.

Sounds pretty cut and dry to me. The insurance covers him for action taken against him, not for action that he takes against someone else, which makes sense. Still fun to watch though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listen, and understand! That Hird is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are sued.

You still don't get it, do you? He'll find her! That's what he does! That's ALL he does! You can't stop him! He'll wade through you, reach down her throat and sue her ******* heart out!

No doubt Hird and his lawyers are approaching this from the point of view that Essendon, Hird and the players are all defendants to an ASADA and now WADA action. Every step they take to defend that action including proactively trying to have an investigation ruled invalid is done with a defendant mentality to them.

I think they might want to put a big picture perspective on this when challenging it, rather than a case by case basis.

It would be amazing for an insurance company not to dot their i's and cross their t's on their wording.

i find it funny to see him during games he's coaching...sitting there in the box, arms folded like he's above and beyond the role he is in and accepting of whats in front of him.
if it were malthouse, clarkson or the like in his position walls would be smashed, headphones flung around...screaming, finger pointing etc.
has hird timed out completely...or is his coaching style so laconic that his team follows suit...
absolutely bizarre how he is not blowing up considering the footy world is watching intently.

he's still a flog indeed!

i find it funny to see him during games he's coaching...sitting there in the box, arms folded like he's above and beyond the role he is in and accepting of whats in front of him.
if it were malthouse, clarkson or the like in his position walls would be smashed, headphones flung around...screaming, finger pointing etc.
has hird timed out completely...or is his coaching style so laconic that his team follows suit...
absolutely bizarre how he is not blowing up considering the footy world is watching intently.

he's still a flog indeed!

His job hinges on player support. It's like he can't be overtly critical of them because they stuck by him and they could be just as critical of him if he tried.

This 'all in this together' mentality may have blurred the lines between coach and player.

His job hinges on player support. It's like he can't be overtly critical of them because they stuck by him and they could be just as critical of him if he tried.

This 'all in this together' mentality may have blurred the lines between coach and player.
good point!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back