Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats.jpeg Cats.jpeg Found this today but am unsure of its origins. Looks like a 1999 but the collar is unlike any I have seen from Geelong so far. Does anybody have any info on it?

The names were also all over the back. There is a distinct white "number panel" where there are no names.

392774.jpg
+ the V starts closer to the collar

MeroThird - West Coast indigenous jumper. The back has its own unique design and is not simply a copy of the front minus the eagle head. The feathers are different, as are the "pathways". Bit hard to tell, but I believe it is true of both 2014 and 15.

Going by my replicas, yes the backs are essentially the same between 14 and 15

My Hawthorn Clash jumper file got corrupted.
I am going to wait for next year when Box Hill begin to use it.
Then the VFL will send me the original artwork so I can make jumpers for them, and then I'll get this one 100%
I'm not going to spend 10 hours re-creating this pile of faeces until I am sure there is no other way.
Pedants beware, it will be (slightly) incorrect until then.

Crows socks are fixed, and the North GF logo is added.

Last edited:
View attachment 158961 View attachment 158961 Found this today but am unsure of its origins. Looks like a 1999 but the collar is unlike any I have seen from Geelong so far. Does anybody have any info on it?
It's from 1999.
adidas sponsored Geelong in 1997 & 98, as far as having their logo on jumpers, and Fila from 1999.
In 2000 the AFL started using the current AFL logo on jumpers.
So it's before 2000, and after 1998.

What happened in this era was some players still wore the old school acrylic jumpers, and some wore the new printed polyester.
With the Geelong jumpers from the 90s, the bottom of collar touched the Blue hoop, and the FILA logo was on that Blue hoop.
This is just the printed jumper version of that design.
For Geelong they definitely mostly used the older style jumpers in 1999, but given the new style were available from 1996, some players chose them. It appears warmer weather tended to bring them out more than night games or colder weather in Winter.

Here's David Mensch wearing the printed jumper and Brent Sanderson wearing the acrylic
137539.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back