AFL Live 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone in the top 10 players on AFL 1 have all individually played more games than the entire top 10 on AFL 2 combined.

Now I dunnooo if that's saying something or not but yeah "you do the math"

I don't think the troll like facts getting in the way of his story... but anyway, all the data referred to is in the publicly available AFL Annual reports and records from afl.com.au

Although only one platform is represented, PSN Data itself indicates a minimum of a 2 to 1 player ratio from AFL Live 1 to AFL Live 2 in terms of sales. Online games played is greater than 10 to 1 ratio. All of this is publicly available record.

Mathematics is not the trolls strong point... but then again why am I arguing with a troll? I'll stop now. Bye.

Last edited:

frenchfri12

Premiership Player
Suspended
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't think the troll like facts getting in the way of his story

Having an opinion is not trolling. And how about having facts rather than heresay?

Now after several more games, played mainly because my Live 2 disc doesn't work, I like the game more now. Its not as bad as when I first commented. The fact that the Left Trigger - Right Stick spoiling control which isn't mentioned in any manual or in game is something I now know about has a lot to do with this. I finally won a game, and almost drew the next, before having 2 goals kicked against me in the final 20 seconds. I like the features that AFL 1 has that AFL 2 dosen't such as Banana kicks, and the more real kicking accuracy.

I do have one question, is there any way to NOT kick to a target? When the opposition continues to miss a lot of my torp kick ins just go 40 metres to a contest on 50 and result in another score. I'd rather get the ball 70 metres out to nobody than just keep it in the defensive 50 sometimes.

Feb 11, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Having an opinion is not trolling. And how about having facts rather than heresay?

Now after several more games, played mainly because my Live 2 disc doesn't work, I like the game more now. Its not as bad as when I first commented. The fact that the Left Trigger - Right Stick spoiling control which isn't mentioned in any manual or in game is something I now know about has a lot to do with this. I finally won a game, and almost drew the next, before having 2 goals kicked against me in the final 20 seconds. I like the features that AFL 1 has that AFL 2 dosen't such as Banana kicks, and the more real kicking accuracy.

I do have one question, is there any way to NOT kick to a target? When the opposition continues to miss a lot of my torp kick ins just go 40 metres to a contest on 50 and result in another score. I'd rather get the ball 70 metres out to nobody than just keep it in the defensive 50 sometimes.

Any way to not kick to a target? Just use "X" (PS3) or "A" (XBOX) I would've thought... Dont lock onto anybody and that'll do it. Or play on and run 15 metres until you're pressured. Torps are rather ineffective on the game though, would recommend just kicking as long as you can with drop punt.

Aflsquads

Senior List
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Now after several more games, played mainly because my Live 2 disc doesn't work,

Many would argue that your Live 2 disc never worked...

Good on you for persisting though - before you know it you'll have it mastered and be asking for the 2015 updated squads!

Last edited:
Now after several more games, played mainly because my Live 2 disc doesn't work, I like the game more now. Its not as bad as when I first commented. The fact that the Left Trigger - Right Stick spoiling control which isn't mentioned in any manual or in game is something I now know about has a lot to do with this. I finally won a game, and almost drew the next,

Ahh, so you were terrible at the game, therefore labelling it as a broken mess and the inferior to the insanely easy and arcadey "sequel".

Makes sense :rolleyes:

frenchfri12

Premiership Player
Suspended
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Ahh, so you were terrible at the game, therefore labelling it as a broken mess and the inferior to the insanely easy and arcadey "sequel".

Makes sense :rolleyes:

This game was terrible for its horrific control scheme. However after some time its not as horrible.

Godadees

Rookie
Jul 11, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
This game was terrible for its horrific control scheme. However after some time its not as horrible.
I was in a similar position where when i started playing it's seems horrible but if you play it till you know what you're doing (which with most games) it can be quite fun. it just lacks a few features to be a lot better.
Also how hard do people find the hardest difficulty of the game as i personally haven't found it hard at all.

Feb 11, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I was in a similar position where when i started playing it's seems horrible but if you play it till you know what you're doing (which with most games) it can be quite fun. it just lacks a few features to be a lot better.
Also how hard do people find the hardest difficulty of the game as i personally haven't found it hard at all.

Edit all the sides you're playing against right up and try using GWS :)

frenchfri12

Premiership Player
Suspended
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Also there's some annoying thing which I suspect is a bug, the commentary in 3 different games at different times just stopped, once mid play, the other times at a bounce.

Also my captain is Dustin Fletcher, how did I change this?

Also, WTF is Fevola doing in this game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly, they had 4 months to get him carted off.
Oh well I'd rather he be there.
What sports game have you ever played where a player that is sacked/retires 4 months before release is removed from the game?

It's probably long gone now too but I remember Ross posting a hilarious Fev-related voicemail they received a while back. Some dude rather peeved that Fev kicked the Grand Final winning goal against him when he shouldn't have even been in the game. It was funny as.

Aflsquads

Senior List
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's probably long gone now too but I remember Ross posting a hilarious Fev-related voicemail they received a while back. Some dude rather peeved that Fev kicked the Grand Final winning goal against him when he shouldn't have even been in the game. It was funny as.
Hahahaha yep that was GOLD!!

Because its as simple as deleting him from the game. Literally takes 1 minute

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Well no, you then have to go back and recode who the new full forward is, change stats and s**t...

frenchfri12

Premiership Player
Suspended
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
What stats? There's plenty of guys with FF posistion in each team.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Archer_11

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
frenchfri12 I take your point but it's a very brave company to change 'one little thing' after final testing just before they're about to get something out the door. It's quite possible that at four months from release it was already too late, the lead times can be that big sometimes.

Also straining my memory here but one of the AFL 1 releases was ready months before it was released by Tru Blu. If it was this one then that's probably your answer.

The disks get printed way in advance of release, especially back then, and there's also the case of players coming back that we wanted to guard against. The only thing we could have done is patch him out - in my opinion though our game and the real game itself needs more "Fev", more character and far less PC :)

There are people that have up to date lists and are nice enough to share them, I'm sure they would help you out.

I will check to see if I have that audio - not sure if I kept it, it was GOLD!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back