Upper Murray 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Footsball not a bad side we agree on at least 13 players as I say if everyone put a side in, each side would most probably have 3-5 different players that's the best thing about footy we all see things differently.Will put my final team of the year in in two weeks.
Now Toecutter that would be a good job to get.It's not that hard to get a side off the bottom of the ladder it's a lot harder keeping them at the top. Now if I was the coach I would try to recruit these players which I believe would go along way in making them competative
D.Authers, Bailey,J.Carkeet, M.Pynnapples, B.Nichols, T.Hickey, T.Osmotherly,Cooper,J.Jarvis, A.Williams ,E.Nicholas,B.Hall, Macarthy, A.Grenhill,and T.Fenton and afew other players I know.Did watch acouple of there games last season an noticed they had at least half dozen really good juniors but in saying this who ever gets the job must be prepared to stay and do the hard yards not like some coaches who just get up an go after one season.Now with the players I've named I know people will say to old or not upto it but i'm out to make the side compepative first then everything else will fall into place.
What happened out at Bullioh yesterday Blue Boy?

Bullioh players were being abusive towards umpires after a 50 meter penalty.
Game got stopped as Umpires walked off the ground and cause of the bloody weather I think everyone was happy.

Cant believe how bad the write up in the Border Mail is. Our small league gets run down a fair bit as being a graveyard for older players looking to finish with a premiership or a pocket full of cash. This sort of poor coverage just makes us look even more insignificant. Bit of talk on here on Bethanga joining our league. This is a tough one. It has been a finely balanced league for the last 20 years in my opinion. When bullioh were added it threw things out a bit. Teams had to spend a bit extra to be competitive because how could you expect recruits to drive an extra hour to play every week if they could play at a successful club in the same league 40 minutes out of town? Throwing ina club in that's 15 mins from wodonga will make things even more difficult for border walwa especially considering they have recruited quite a bit from that club in the past. I'm not totally against the idea but it will need to be carefully thought out.

Cant believe how bad the write up in the Border Mail is. Our small league gets run down a fair bit as being a graveyard for older players looking to finish with a premiership or a pocket full of cash. This sort of poor coverage just makes us look even more insignificant. Bit of talk on here on Bethanga joining our league. This is a tough one. It has been a finely balanced league for the last 20 years in my opinion. When bullioh were added it threw things out a bit. Teams had to spend a bit extra to be competitive because how could you expect recruits to drive an extra hour to play every week if they could play at a successful club in the same league 40 minutes out of town? Throwing ina club in that's 15 mins from wodonga will make things even more difficult for border walwa especially considering they have recruited quite a bit from that club in the past. I'm not totally against the idea but it will need to be carefully thought out.

I believe there was a league meeting last nite would be very interested to hear if the topic you mentioned was discussed??? I hear there was some talk on a points system for players anyone herd ???

Bit of talk on here on Bethanga joining our league. This is a tough one. It has been a finely balanced league for the last 20 years in my opinion. When bullioh were added it threw things out a bit. Teams had to spend a bit extra to be competitive because how could you expect recruits to drive an extra hour to play every week if they could play at a successful club in the same league 40 minutes out of town? Throwing ina club in that's 15 mins from wodonga will make things even more difficult for border walwa especially considering they have recruited quite a bit from that club in the past. I'm not totally against the idea but it will need to be carefully thought out.
Fair points there Kenny but I'm of the opinion that Bullioh coming in (along with a couple of league initiatives) saved the league.

Prior to Bullioh Joining
*5 Clubs
*Tumba uncompetitive (making it really a 4 team comp)
*No Reserves
*No netball
*18 a side

Post Bullioh Joining
*6 clubs
*5 clubs in the last decade winning flags (Walwa even made a couple of Prelims)
*6 clubs fielding reserves (every club making a 2's g/f in the last decade)
*Netball comp
*16 a side

If anything I think the comp has actually evened out rather than having the same clubs playing off each year for flags and by having more clubs in the league has become more appealing for Albury/Wodonga and Wagga based players to travel to a meaningful comp rather than a 5 team comp that looked like a retirement home for broken down footballers. Bethanga coming in hopefully would be able to bring a junior side into the comp which is struggling at the moment. However I do agree Walwa seem to be a year to year proposition but they seem on the right track to success at the moment. Any thoughts?

Fair points there Kenny but I'm of the opinion that Bullioh coming in (along with a couple of league initiatives) saved the league.

Prior to Bullioh Joining
*5 Clubs
*Tumba uncompetitive (making it really a 4 team comp)
*No Reserves
*No netball
*18 a side

Post Bullioh Joining
*6 clubs
*5 clubs in the last decade winning flags (Walwa even made a couple of Prelims)
*6 clubs fielding reserves (every club making a 2's g/f in the last decade)
*Netball comp
*16 a side

If anything I think the comp has actually evened out rather than having the same clubs playing off each year for flags and by having more clubs in the league has become more appealing for Albury/Wodonga and Wagga based players to travel to a meaningful comp rather than a 5 team comp that looked like a retirement home for broken down footballers. Bethanga coming in hopefully would be able to bring a junior side into the comp which is struggling at the moment. However I do agree Walwa seem to be a year to year proposition but they seem on the right track to success at the moment. Any thoughts?

Very well said and also what attracts players is it's a shorter season. If Bethanga came in it would create a bye but that shouldn't matter. If the league got rid off the league byes . The league as grown and it has shown in the last 10 years. Yes some sides still struggle to field 2nd's but making it 16 a side as helped. I would say the standard has also improved . It's very disapointing in the way the Border Mail report but the whole paper is sliding downwards if you ask me. I wouldn't be suprised if it went to a vote that Bullioh vote against Bethanga coming in. Not good on the incident on the weekend. s**t if it was me in those conditions the showers would have been the best place to be.

Very well said and also what attracts players is it's a shorter season. If Bethanga came in it would create a bye but that shouldn't matter. If the league got rid off the league byes . The league as grown and it has shown in the last 10 years. Yes some sides still struggle to field 2nd's but making it 16 a side as helped. I would say the standard has also improved . It's very disapointing in the way the Border Mail report but the whole paper is sliding downwards if you ask me. I wouldn't be suprised if it went to a vote that Bullioh vote against Bethanga coming in. Not good on the incident on the weekend. s**t if it was me in those conditions the showers would have been the best place to be.
Fill us in with the details of the incident reg. who was the player reported?

Footsball not a bad side we agree on at least 13 players as I say if everyone put a side in, each side would most probably have 3-5 different players that's the best thing about footy we all see things differently.Will put my final team of the year in in two weeks.
Now Toecutter that would be a good job to get.It's not that hard to get a side off the bottom of the ladder it's a lot harder keeping them at the top. Now if I was the coach I would try to recruit these players which I believe would go along way in making them competative
D.Authers, Bailey,J.Carkeet, M.Pynnapples, B.Nichols, T.Hickey, T.Osmotherly,Cooper,J.Jarvis, A.Williams ,E.Nicholas,B.Hall, Macarthy, A.Grenhill,and T.Fenton and afew other players I know.Did watch acouple of there games last season an noticed they had at least half dozen really good juniors but in saying this who ever gets the job must be prepared to stay and do the hard yards not like some coaches who just get up an go after one season.Now with the players I've named I know people will say to old or not upto it but i'm out to make the side compepative first then everything else will fall into place.
What happened out at Bullioh yesterday Blue Boy?

Which McCarthy? Dan or Ben. I would have them both in. If you are un sure who is who. Dan is number 1 and Ben is number 3??

Would Wodonga Saints back to Bethanga joining UMFL be a good thing for this league and the Saints?

what's your thoughts everyone.
Personally I think it would be good for both leagues and the saints, no one wants to turn up and be belted every week. I have spoken with quite a few people and most tend to agree. I think the saints would be far more competitive in the UMFL than what they are in the TDFL. And even I would consider going back to them if they joined, I did consider playing there this year but stuck with Walwa. (NOT THAT I GIVE MUCH MORE THAN THEY HAVE HAHA)

Smart thinking chopper, get a knew club into the league then raid all the other upper murray clubs for players!!! Yeah that's making the league stronger. The list the saints have got at the moment with the right coach would be competitive.
Allforfooty your not upset because chopper didn't name you as one of his recruits or are you going to put your hand up for coach?
Anyway all the local leagues aren't getting much coverage in the B.M. these days it's all about the O.M.F.L.

Allforfooty your not upset because chopper didn't name you as one of his recruits or are you going to put your hand up for coach?
Anyway all the local leagues aren't getting much coverage in the B.M. these days it's all about the O.M.F.L.
Maxy a lock to apply for the mighty Saints in 2016, if he can do it at Tumba he can do it at Wodonga Saints/Bethanga!:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corryong 39
Cudgewa 40
Federals 40

Saints back to Bethanga opens up a can of worm's with some positive and negative thoughts.

TIPS THIS WEEK
Well guys going for an upset in the game against tumba/cudgie.Tumba by 5pts.
Looking forward to catching up with the guys up at cudgie for there reunion hopefully a nice sunny day.
Corryong have just started getting it all together now so should beat Walwa in close one.Corryong by 14pts
Feds should be to strong for an undermaned Bullioh who seemed to have lost their way in the last couple of weeks .Well the outcome of last weeks result between bullioh/cudgie in todays paper with T.Fenton getting one week surprised me considering, and I can only comment on my time as coach of tumba in the games that we played them never seen him abuse an umpire just played hard and fair will be a big lost for them this week.Feds by 41pts if raining 23pts my son to get B.O.G.

Gents,

Back after a couple of weeks in the wilderness.

Corryong to beat Walwa - 10 goals. I bet the Demons are spewing they didn't start the season like this!!
Feds to smash Bullioh - don't care by how much.
Tumba to beat Cudgie - 2 goals. (Would love to see it, but I am thinking that Cudgie will perform too well, in front of a big reunion crowd).

Chopper,

You have my vote to coach Bethanga Bears in 2016!!

Well the boys had a great day up at cudgie for there reunion ,ressies won easy but tumba never through the towel in.
Senior game was a good contest between the two clubs with cudgie winning by 5-6gls.I thought D.Aurthers was the best player on ground followed by Turner from Tumba, Macca from cudgie I think kicked 5-6gls and B.Carey kicking 5gls and a player from tumba Jones will play a vital roll for them come finals.M.Pynapples ,J.Bailey an J.Vinge also played very well for cudgie plus the Cleven brothers. For tumba Z.Stevens, Whitehead, Winter, Rooney and the guy with the dreadlocks I thought were tumba's pick. Both coaches would of been please from what they saw every player put in.

Well the boys had a great day up at cudgie for there reunion ,ressies won easy but tumba never through the towel in.
Senior game was a good contest between the two clubs with cudgie winning by 5-6gls.I thought D.Aurthers was the best player on ground followed by Turner from Tumba, Macca from cudgie I think kicked 5-6gls and B.Carey kicking 5gls and a player from tumba Jones will play a vital roll for them come finals.M.Pynapples ,J.Bailey an J.Vinge also played very well for cudgie plus the Cleven brothers. For tumba Z.Stevens, Whitehead, Winter, Rooney and the guy with the dreadlocks I thought were tumba's pick. Both coaches would of been please from what they saw every player put in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back