No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trouble is that challenging doesn't risk an extra $500. They would have to pay thousands in lawyer fees to save the $1000. Now worth it financially. Unless lake represents himself......

The trouble is that challenging doesn't risk an extra $500. They would have to pay thousands in lawyer fees to save the $1000. Now worth it financially. Unless lake represents himself......

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that one :D

Challenge is on. And rightly so. There was no intentional push there just 2 players heading for the fence and Lake just happened to have his arm up high which was nothing more than supporting himself against Vickery for balance. He even tried to help him up. And Vikery milked it for a free. So if he gets cleared it won't take away the bullshit free and goal though.

Last edited:
Just on the "we cant advantage hawthorn in finals" does that mean all finalists teams from now on will play on the saturday ?

After all they cant be basing it on us not finishing top two because thats not decided yet, surely the AFL can ensure we dont finish top two

For mine it would be "fairer" all round (going forward) if the top four teams at least play on the Saturday, given that finishing positions could be based on uneven draws, particularly 2nd and 3rd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on the "we cant advantage hawthorn in finals"

Isn't it still possible for Richmond to make the top 4 also? That means it's possible they can get the advantage from the draw playing Friday. But not hawthorn.
A bit like how we finished on top of the ladder but had to play a Saturday prelim not a Friday prelim in 2012..

Will we see so many spectacular goals in future from him? Way too unselfish to go for some of those goals from the boundary these days.
I think it's going to be more a spectacular mark before the spectacular goal the way he's been leaping around this season.

Suddenly the AFL are worried that Hawthorn will get an extra days break round 23, nevermind that we would have to travel to and from perth the next week, we'll just discount that little bit of trivia there, as long as the top 2 arent disadvantaged.
Interesting change of heart there AFL, do you remember a year called 20 and mother******* 12? You campaigners

Suddenly the AFL are worried that Hawthorn will get an extra days break round 23, nevermind that we would have to travel to and from perth the next week, we'll just discount that little bit of trivia there, as long as the top 2 arent disadvantaged.
Interesting change of heart there AFL, do you remember a year called 20 and mother******* 12? You campaigners
well our first final will be defo Saturday night. might fly over :)

Isn't it still possible for Richmond to make the top 4 also? That means it's possible they can get the advantage from the draw playing Friday. But not hawthorn.
A bit like how we finished on top of the ladder but had to play a Saturday prelim not a Friday prelim in 2012..

I bloody hope richmond do make 4th for the lols. And to see swans reprise 'we cry together'

Still like #2 v richmond.

On the stature, then he snapped a goal the other week from the pocket he just looked like one of lethals famous goals, stature, position, poise etc

I actually prefer the Essendon one - that's the one I most remember and identify with Cyril in regards to his genius.
But hey...there all bloody magic really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back