Media Okey Rants…Nobody Listens

Remove this Banner Ad

OPINION

For the first time in my career, I was speechless. When challenged, I had nothing to contribute. I needed time to think. I needed time to consider the impact of my reaction. I needed time to convince myself of my opinion. Truth be told, I was torn. I was torn between recognising the positive elements in Tarkyn_24 's famed move to the Furies and begrudging the way in which it was done. Was it sour grapes? Was I partly to blame? Was history being rewritten? Am I going to continue asking myself questions in this thread?

Finally, I am ready to make a comment after Tarkyn_24 announced a last minute decision to switch from the Hawks to the Furies.

Firstly, I will acknowledge that the storyline is brilliant and brutal. These sorts of stories and rivalries are brilliant for the league. It is the sort of thing that I may have conspired in my prime. Brilliant. By the Furies, and by Tarkyn_24. It generated discussion, it generated interest and it was a slap in the face to the very public egotistical persona that I have. Now that I have acknowledged that and got the niceties out of the way, I'd like to express the truth and make my feelings on the issue known.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Tarkyn_24's last minute move to the Furies was a slap in the face to me, the Hawks and the competition as a whole. His decision to withhold news of his jumping ship was detrimental to a struggling club. He had ample opportunity to do so in private conversations in which other Hawks rightfully made leadership aware of their decisions to move on. Though this may have reduced the "dramatic effect" of Tarkyn_24's departure, it most certainly would not have diminished the storyline of Tarkyn_24 jumping ship despite our arrangement.

I want it made VERY CLEAR to the league that I did not, at any stage, join the Hawks and DEMAND the full-forward position. In fact, it was the very opposite. I was approached when I was quite content at the Royals, and I was offered the full-forward position BY TARKYN_24 HIMSELF. He pitched to me a struggling club that could do with my assistance, but more importantly a storyline that would see me get there to help. The storyline was that Tarkyn_24 would move up the ground while I would take full-forward at the Hawks, enabling me to catch and surpass him on the all-time leader board. Tarkyn_24 agreed that this arrangement would be in effect for TWO SEASONS MINIMUM.

"The only person that obsesses over me more than me is Tarkyn_24"

The recent insinuation that I have disrespected Tarkyn_24 is an attempt to sensationalise the storyline and rewrite history. In fact, it couldn't be any further from the truth. While full-forward at the Hawks, I kept an ongoing tally of the all-time leader board. In his final few games at the Hawks I was updating him and the league on his position on that tally. I also announced to the league when Tarkyn_24 equalled the all-time goal kicking record, celebrating the amazing achievement by Tarkyn_24. I didn't demand his spot, I was given the spot as part of an idea by Tarkyn_24 himself.

His recruitment of me and, later, his last minute change of clubs is further proof that the only person that obsesses over me more than me is Tarkyn_24. He always has, he always will. He'll never admit it. In fact, the OP in the announcement about Tarkyn_24 changing clubs focuses more on me than himself. As part of that nonsense thread, Tarkyn_24 has this to say:

"Okey has made season 19 at our club nothing more than a chance to blow his own trumpet and so shall be punished for his behaviour. Enjoy staying in my shadows bitch".

You recruited a poster notorious for being an egotistical forward, gave him the full-forward spot, then complained about him being egotistical? You are moronic. You have made a career out of a similar arrogance (though perhaps a less active version) and you know that full well. This last minute move was yet another chance for you to serve yourself. I really hope my lack of comment over the past week has saved your hand from overuse.

You speak of me hurting the Hawks. Surely I don't have to spell it out for you. You took me to that club with a particular pitch which you have reneged on. With Gentlemen and Itsmyshow already out the door, you had an opportunity to advise the Hawks that you were leaving. You didn't take it. You could even have kept it from me. There are a lot of things hurting the Hawks and I am not one of them. You, unfortunately, are. First through your inactivity, now through the pain you have caused the leaders at that club.

You've made this about me, Tarks, but this really is about you. And let's be honest, you have been riding the coattails of your own reputation for seasons on end. It needs to stop.

It is a little embarrassing for the Fighting Furies that you are still worthy of a Full-Forward position. You only held onto it at the Hawks before I got there because of the lack of depth at the club. Though you have succeeded in building an unwarranted reputation, you have struggled in so many ways. You ran a failed fantasy footy competition in the RFFL. You tried to step up your involvement in the SFA and become the simmer but had to pull out within about a fortnight of volunteering. You have constantly been labelled "inactive" due to your lack of consistent contributions. You have had a long career here, which has helped to build your aura. But during that long career you have been flaky at best. Now you have left the club that you were associated with for so long up s**t creek without a paddle to somehow be granted a prime position at a strong club?

This pretty much reflects your career…You have only posted 18 times on this site since June 8. 10 of those 18 posts are about me or responding to me. You float in, you float out and you still have this sense of self-worth? At least my sense of self-worth can be backed up by current contributions.

"(Tarkyn_24 has) been riding the coattails of (his) own reputation for seasons on end."

Was this the desired reaction? Probably. Because throughout your last 5 or 6 seasons the only times you have been reasonably active and engaged is when we have engaged in a "rivalry." You get me to your club and realise you can't handle not being against me. You enjoy having this superiority, based mainly off your extra 100 games, yet you do very little to earn it.

Your slap in the face of the egotistical league admin will win the popularity contest. It really was a brilliant storyline. A brilliant discussion generator. An evil plot. I liked it, in a way.

But it is just the desperate act of a washed up hack, outrageously still able to live off an undeserved reputation, who is looking to be relevant all over again. With this attention seeking and arm flapping you have simply become Okey 2.0. Your sense of superiority has caused a desperate ripple effect whereby you have slowly adjusted your posting style and decisions to, pretty much, morph into a less active and less relevant version of me. If the Furies wanted Okey X 0.25, they got it. I suppose that's not actually that bad.

popcorn.gif

Tarks and the Furies have created a brilliant storyline that really delivers but it couldn't be done without Okeydoke.
TBF Okey did acknowledge this :)

Wins what?
You obviously don't get half of this troll.

Tarkyn_24 is working in the mines, beginning August 17. He is cancelling his Bigfooty account. This whole joke is on the Furies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tarkyn_24 is working in the mines, beginning August 17. He is cancelling his Bigfooty account. This whole joke is on the Furies.
Didn't realise it was a term of employment in the mines to cancel ones big footy account before commencement

Even if that were all true

But what did you win?

Didn't realise it was a term of employment in the mines to cancel ones big footy account before commencement

Even if that were all true
Haha of course that wasn't true, but thought I would make some panic for a second.

Haha of course that wasn't true, but thought I would make some panic for a second.
Lol panic. It's not like we traded two first round picks for him ;)

Lol panic. It's not like we traded two first round picks for him ;)
That reminds me. I need to implement an SFA draft. All players will go into a pool next season and be drafted by club captains. I will reduce the league to 11 teams with 1 bye. I will select 11 captains of the 11 teams. And the draft will take place.

boncer34

That reminds me. I need to implement an SFA draft. All players will go into a pool next season and be drafted by club captains. I will reduce the league to 11 teams with 1 bye. I will select 11 captains of the 11 teams. And the draft will take place.

boncer34
Sounds like fun

Remove this Banner Ad

Back