2nds Port Adelaide vs Centrals - Round 16 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone else see the incident on the outer wing when a female Central fan run at and punched a Port supporter in the head? Could have got ugly if not for the good work by the security guards.
Didn't see the punch but after she ran and complained to security.....

Did anyone else see the incident on the outer wing when a female Central fan run at and punched a Port supporter in the head? Could have got ugly if not for the good work by the security guards.
What is it with Centrals women? Last year I was having an argument with a male Centrals fan when his wife/girlfriend/sister ran in and tried to deck me. Probably would have if he hadn't pulled her back. Trouble is some of them know if a bloke tries to defend himself and lays a hand on them then security will go for the bloke.

Anyone got a view on how Dougal Howard is tracking?

Not getting lots of possessions, is it just a matter of him getting accustomed to senior footy and/or getting some match fitness after injury?

... I called for Sid Masters to be rookied a couple of weeks back .....

I was hugely impressed with Sid Masters game today ....
I'm a Masters' fan. Assuming he puts his hand up for the draft we'd want to get in early. Someone will take him, another of the Eyre Peninsula riches we are now cut off from.

I'm a Masters' fan. Assuming he puts his hand up for the draft we'd want to get in early. Someone will take him, another of the Eyre Peninsula riches we are now cut off from.
The problem still remains that the Port administration too often wants to distance itself from Port SANFL players, scared of the idea that we may be seen to have an unfair advantage. What unfair advantage? The Vics had F/S, the eastern state teams had their academies, the SA teams had zone selections but only at entry, not as ongoing selections.
But as to taking him early, he's not a Birchall or Scharenberg, I would see him going 3rd or 4th round.

Anyone got a view on how Dougal Howard is tracking?

Not getting lots of possessions, is it just a matter of him getting accustomed to senior footy and/or getting some match fitness after injury?

Yeah he's not doing badly, Just doesn't have a huge role in the team atm. Harvey is the main target up forward.

The problem still remains that the Port administration too often wants to distance itself from Port SANFL players, scared of the idea that we may be seen to have an unfair advantage. What unfair advantage? The Vics had F/S, the eastern state teams had their academies, the SA teams had zone selections but only at entry, not as ongoing selections.
But as to taking him early, he's not a Birchall or Scharenberg, I would see him going 3rd or 4th round.

Based on what? Gut feel? Maybe we were selecting the player who we thought was the best available fit for the list?

Once upon a time it seemed the case but the structure we have now is for the purpose to benefit the club as much as we can, however the odds of success by recruiting from within our structure are stacked against us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back