Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ad...or-their-support/story-fndv8ujy-1227469455512

A few more snippets...

'I definitely needed to have that break and get away'
'I felt very loved over the weekend'
'I think these discussions needed to be had and I’m really hopeful those discussions are behind us now and we can all move on'
'Hopefully now we can move forward and for me it’s all about playing football — I really want to focus on my football.'
'I'm extremely excited to be back at the club, training with the players, I felt like the first day back at school today walking into the room'

Anything else the competition, wider football community and nation in general can do for you, Adam?

I know he's being asked for his opinion but there's a common theme.

He uses the word "I" when expressing his opinion, as if to not state it like fact? Wow, what a knob.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ad...or-their-support/story-fndv8ujy-1227469455512

A few more snippets...

'I think these discussions needed to be had and I’m really hopeful those discussions are behind us now and we can all move on'
'Hopefully now we can move forward and for me it’s all about playing football — I really want to focus on my football.'
'I'm extremely excited to be back at the club, training with the players, I felt like the first day back at school today walking into the room'

Anything else the competition, wider football community and nation in general can do for you, Adam?

Are you legit?

A few more snippets...

Its all, about, MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Geelong's playing for a spot in the finals this weekend. Who is anyone to tell their supporters they shouldn't exacerbate the home ground advantage by booing if they think it'll help them get across the line? It's high stakes.

I'm not hoping he gets booed, but will have a look at the game. What's going to happen, will happen.
If he's kicking for goal to put the swans up with 5 minutes to go the boos would be normal. But hand balling in the backline, or taking an uncontested mark on the wing is not a scenario where a crowd would normally boo a player, so I really hope the good people of Geelong can see this and behave accordingly. Come on cats fans, show us what great fans you are and follow the game, not the morons complaining about their rights to torment someone

He uses the word "I" when expressing his opinion, as if to not state it like fact? Wow, what a knob.

It's 'me first' with Adam Goodes, always has been.

You know what footy needs? For the first story in AFL360 or The Footy Show or On The Couch etc. to be something other than Adam Goodes.

It's 'me first' with Adam Goodes, always has been.

You know what footy needs? For the first story in AFL360 or The Footy Show or On The Couch etc. to be something other than Adam Goodes.

Okay, what did you want him to talk about in an interview conducted about himself?

It's kind of pathetic the way people have glommed on to Dallas Scott's article as an example of what a "thoughtful" and "respected" aboriginal man thinks about Goodes.

Scott is certainly those things but he is faaaar from representative of what the majority of indigenous Australians feel.

His posts average 15 or so comments and 5 shares but all of a sudden he's the foremost authority on indigenous culture :rolleyes:

It's kind of pathetic the way people have glommed on to Dallas Scott's article as an example of what a "thoughtful" and "respected" aboriginal man thinks about Goodes.

Scott is certainly those things but he is faaaar from representative of what the majority of indigenous Australians feel.

His posts average 15 or so comments and 5 shares but all of a sudden he's the foremost authority on indigenous culture :rolleyes:

So Aboriginals have divergent opinions, just like whitey? Someone pull this man into line!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, what did you want him to talk about in an interview conducted about himself?

Deflect - like every other footballer would do.

'So Adam are you excited to be back this week?'
'Yeah the boys had a great win over the weekend, just rapt to be a part of the team again'
'Are you concerned about opposition fans etc?'
'Really just looking to focus on footy and my role with the team'

So the AFL wouldn't have stepped in if another player were to sprint towards a bunch or opposition supporters and fire an imaginary shotgun or crossbow at them?

Goodes bought this all on himself, and deflected the fact you guys got pantsed by West Coast by 52 points nicely, didn't hear it mentioned once last week. So courageous

Perhaps Josh Kennedy can do the ratatatatatat towards the crowd with an imaginary shot gun mimicking his kicking action whilst at the same time celebrating Ned Kelly the outlaw with his glorious beard as a tribute to the glorified criminal!

and yet other players have been either fined or received a please explain from the AFL for gesturing with their fingers to opposition supporters that have been abusing them all day, or cupping their hand to their ear after a goal has scored and silenced opposition fans.

s**t, Ben Cousins was fined for giving the bird to a channel 7 camera in the rooms during the pre-game.

All a bit precious for my liking.

Show your displeasure this week by booing Adam!

A few more snippets...

So It's not all about Goodes

A few more snippets...

You can do better than that mate!

A few more snippets...

Well, I guess I feel, you are grasping at straws, but I am hopeful that you can learn the error of your ways.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back