Mike "C-Bomb" Fitzpatrick

Is anyone really surprised he's this big a flog? Keep in mind, this is the guy that has basically ran the AFL for however many years now.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/af...mission-chairman/story-e6frf7jo-1227470080663

FORMER Sydney boss Richard Colless has told of an expletive laden tirade unleashed on him by AFL Commission chairman Mike Fitzpatrick the day after Lance Franklin’s shock defection to the Swans.

“There was no warm up, no introduction — the opening pleasantries were the ‘F’ bomb and the ‘C’ bomb,” Colless told the Herald Sun of the Fitzpatrick phone call. “I must admit I was taken aback. It went on for about 10 minutes and it was basically just a torrent of abuse.

“It got to a point where he said to me, and I’m paraphrasing: ‘If any of this gets out to the press – this conversation – I’ll know where it came from and you watch out’. To which I think I said: ‘Mike – get f....’.

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
I trust what Colless says about as much as I can throw him.
and this would be his response to you

spt_finger020410.jpg

:D

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
There's a fantastic irony about Colless and the Swans trying to bring down Fitzpatrick and the AFL. Nearly as much as when Hird tried. Using the Goodes issue as well. Spare me.

Goodes has been on the receiving end of wonderful treatment by the AFL for a decade and a half, yet the AFL get hammered when they (rightly in my mind) sat back and let the other 17 clubs and players provide the support and direction that fans would follow. It's bemusing. All of the leagues captains and many players displayed great support to Goodes and the average footy fan stood up and took notice. Why Sydney are so upset that the AFL Commission didn't put out an early statement is beyond me.

Colless admits to COLA being worked favourably for Sydney for over a decade. Then when it's cancelled out (in dubious circumstances I will admit) the Swans cry foul.

It's time that Mike Fitzpatrick took some heat for his leadership of the AFL commission and for his conflict of interest with ANZ stadium but this is just petty airing of dirty laundry.

you're so high and mighty you've never said a curse word!?
This may surprise you, shock you to your very core, but I'm not the head of the AFL Commission...

...yet.

Who gives a ****?

The convo was 21 months ago and it reeks of bitterness from Colless
Well if he's really made a decision like the ruling on COLA out of bitterness/anger, as this article claims, then I think that's a pretty big deal. Regardless of your opinion on COLA, the Commission should make decisions based on logic and sense. Not personal vendettas.

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Well if he's really made a decision like the ruling on COLA out of bitterness/anger, as this article claims, then I think that's a pretty big deal. Regardless of your opinion on COLA, the Commission should make decisions based on logic and sense. Not personal vendettas.

Colless claiming something =/= true

The COLA was removed because it was a complete disgrace aimed at engineering desired results.

Or its someone being pissed off and I would take Colless opinion with a grain of salt

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I'd blame the booing of Goodes on Sydney rather than anything else.

I think it played a part. Wasn't all of it.

I do agree that frustration about perceived advantages Sydney has gotten has being building for a while and Goodes was a convenient outlet

Back