Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st Round Pick for Motlop
Griffiths for Yarran
1st Round Pick (2016) for Weller
Astbury for 2nd round pick to Brisbane

We draft Dunkley with our 2nd round pick from Brisbane

Trouble is Griffiths is better than Yarran. Troll?:confused: Actually Griffiths offers us more than Yarran:$

Weller is not worth 2016 first rounder, 2015 first rounder maybe

You'd be subbing him off at the 10min mark of the first .
Has no engine or ability to gut run . Ellis and Macintosh would wipe him easily .
Nah disagree. Can run just cant be arsed at the blues. I would also say if he changed clubs, his attitude would improve. Whilst I cant guarantee it, you also cant guarantee it wouldn't either.

But they are about as effective as each other.

You may have the talent but if you go missing most of the time then it is worthless.

It's only recency that clouds the judgement on Yarren. He has played some decent footy.
Think of it this way, people say imagine a Delidio or Richo if they had of been in better teams, yeah? Well imagine this bloke in a better team. What could he do and achieve?

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Not sure of the incident that landed Jeff G in hot water but some have wondered why we didn't go after him when he was leaving cfc. I was just speculating that he may have had other issues, but tbh I don't know for sure why we didn't go after him or maybe RFC did but we (On BF) never heard if we did or not?

Story is we had him but Dimma said no.

1st Round Pick for Motlop
Griffiths for Yarran
1st Round Pick (2016) for Weller
Astbury for 2nd round pick to Brisbane

We draft Dunkley with our 2nd round pick from Brisbane
Lots of people are suggesting we trade Astbury. What do we do to replace him? Draft a kid who won't be ready for 4 years or trade?
Dunkley is an ordinary kick. Would be surprised if we picked him.

That's interesting, I wonder why ? Did you hear anything cb17?

Nah, just what i posted. Dimma scotched us picking him up. Maybe a no dickhead policy? Not sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GEELONG speedster Steve Motlop is Tiger-bound, if local footy insiders are to be believed.
Connections with football in the coastal town of Lorne say Motlop has told close friends who play for the club that he has a large offer on the table from Richmond.
Motlop is a keen local football follower, even though it has landed him in strife on the odd occasion.
Hawthorn players outed the sikly ball-handler during to the Easter Monday blockbuster with the Cats for drinking while at a local game in Colac.
The new-found success of former Geelong midfielder Taylor Hunt at Richmond could foreshadow Motlop’s move.
The trade possibility remains open while Motlop, out of contract at the end of this season, delays talks with the Geelong hierarchy.
The Tigers remain keen to bolster their midfield and have signalled an interest in the October trade period.
Football manager Dan Richardson told the club’s website that Richmond had salary cap room.
“We’ve been clear over the last couple of years to continue [building] midfield depth,” Richardson said.
“We’ve seen also the likes of Taylor Hunt spending some time there and he’s shown some real promise for us.
“In terms of the midfield, we’ve seen Corey Ellis and Connor Menadue start to show that we think they’re going to long-term players for us; Kamdyn McIntosh is another.
“We’re developing most of what we need internally but in saying that, you always like to have good players.
“We’ve still got some salary cap room; maybe a little less with the improvement of a couple of players over the last bit of time,“ he said.
“When you try to keep some salary cap space clear, I think it’s important for two reasons: you’ve got to reward players that deserve to be rewarded, and balance with bringing players in, generally speaking, when you’ve got to pay a little bit more to encourage them across.
“That’s not to say money is the be-all and end-all with these decisions.
“We’re halfway through a season and the trade period doesn’t take place until October so how that plays out for us depends on what plays out with other clubs as well.
“You closely monitor that and we’ll continue to do so.“
Defender Alex Rance, captain Trent Cotchin and key midfielder Dustin Martin all re-committed to the Tigers this season.

http://geelong.starcommunity.com.au/indy/2015-06-26/tiger-offer-for-mover-motlop/

GEELONG speedster Steve Motlop is Tiger-bound, if local footy insiders are to be believed.
Connections with football in the coastal town of Lorne say Motlop has told close friends who play for the club that he has a large offer on the table from Richmond.
Motlop is a keen local football follower, even though it has landed him in strife on the odd occasion.
Hawthorn players outed the sikly ball-handler during to the Easter Monday blockbuster with the Cats for drinking while at a local game in Colac.
The new-found success of former Geelong midfielder Taylor Hunt at Richmond could foreshadow Motlop’s move.
The trade possibility remains open while Motlop, out of contract at the end of this season, delays talks with the Geelong hierarchy.
The Tigers remain keen to bolster their midfield and have signalled an interest in the October trade period.
Football manager Dan Richardson told the club’s website that Richmond had salary cap room.
“We’ve been clear over the last couple of years to continue [building] midfield depth,” Richardson said.
“We’ve seen also the likes of Taylor Hunt spending some time there and he’s shown some real promise for us.
“In terms of the midfield, we’ve seen Corey Ellis and Connor Menadue start to show that we think they’re going to long-term players for us; Kamdyn McIntosh is another.
“We’re developing most of what we need internally but in saying that, you always like to have good players.
“We’ve still got some salary cap room; maybe a little less with the improvement of a couple of players over the last bit of time,“ he said.
“When you try to keep some salary cap space clear, I think it’s important for two reasons: you’ve got to reward players that deserve to be rewarded, and balance with bringing players in, generally speaking, when you’ve got to pay a little bit more to encourage them across.
“That’s not to say money is the be-all and end-all with these decisions.
“We’re halfway through a season and the trade period doesn’t take place until October so how that plays out for us depends on what plays out with other clubs as well.
“You closely monitor that and we’ll continue to do so.“
Defender Alex Rance, captain Trent Cotchin and key midfielder Dustin Martin all re-committed to the Tigers this season.

http://geelong.starcommunity.com.au/indy/2015-06-26/tiger-offer-for-mover-motlop/
Would be happy with Moltop and Yarren for peanut

Nah disagree. Can run just cant be arsed at the blues. I would also say if he changed clubs, his attitude would improve. Whilst I cant guarantee it, you also cant guarantee it wouldn't either.

Can we buy him on probation for 12 months. Free return if not satisfied?
At his best he'd be electric...but at his worst, * no. Who knows what you'd get?

So let's get some perspective here .
Chris Yarran is 25 this year , 1990 born, who some are suggesting is worth a second round pic and somewhere around $400-$600k .
Here are his stats to date this season .

image.jpg
What's is this bloke who is two years younger worth in a trade and also salary sense ?

image.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back