Player Watch Pick #7 (2012) - Ollie Wines

Remove this Banner Ad

yep as above pout him on ice. get the surgery done and be ready for pre season...

How good was the applause he got when he was walking around the boundary. certainly a well liked lad by the fans!

He gave a thumbs up in recognition of the applause but he was visibly shattered.

Doc Larkins' injury update: round 18
DAYNE Beams and Ollie Wines will likely miss the rest of the season, with medical advice to suggest they need reconstructive surgery on their respective injured shoulders.
That's what leading medico Dr Peter Larkins anticipates after the pair failed to get through their games at the weekend.
Wines sustained a full dislocation of his left shoulder in the first quarter of the Power's 63-point win over St Kilda. He returned to the ground with his shoulder strapped, but was eventually substituted out of the game at quarter time.
"Port has to make a decision whether they go down the James Frawley path. The Hawks defender had five or six weeks off and he came back and played (against Richmond) having not gone through surgery," Larkins told AFL.com.au.
"Wines really hasn't got five or six weeks up his sleeve. My summary is that a normal approach with the club would be to get the shoulder reconstruction done and that way the player can get back on track for the pre-season.
More
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-03/doc-larkins-injury-update-round-18
Geez does not sound good for Ollie b it ....

Yep ... get him fixed up for next year .... Not worth the risk of additional injury with our season so far. Also gives the opportunity for the fringe mids like Young, Moore, and Ah-Chee to stake their claim for 2016

If Wines is fine, play him. If he's carrying something minor, then give him the rest of the season off.

Would like Moore(full games as he is useless as sub), Young(sometimes as sub) and Arch(only full games) all in the same team now.

Put some games into them and give them a fair run.

why hasnt the club announced the extent of his injury, maybe its not as bad a first thought? no news is good news

Actually - on Ollie, I was blown away by his attitude to this. He copped the injury, got strapped up and went back on, gave it a go and ken said "nah mate." He was subbed, no bitching or whinging.

Knowing he had done a serious mischief to himself, he did not once pout. He stayed at the match, revved the boys up and was even giving each and all the players an assuring bum tap as they left the rooms at half time.

He could have easily sulked, easily been caught up in what had happened to him but instead he was doing all he could for the team and kept everyone bouyed by his amazing attitude to his setback.

Incredible character, incredible leader.

Actually - on Ollie, I was blown away by his attitude to this. He copped the injury, got strapped up and went back on, gave it a go and ken said "nah mate." He was subbed, no bitching or whinging.

Knowing he had done a serious mischief to himself, he did not once pout. He stayed at the match, revved the boys up and was even giving each and all the players an assuring bum tap as they left the rooms at half time.

He could have easily sulked, easily been caught up in what had happened to him but instead he was doing all he could for the team and kept everyone bouyed by his amazing attitude to his setback.

Incredible character, incredible leader.

#yepconfirmed

why hasnt the club announced the extent of his injury, maybe its not as bad a first thought? no news is good news

p2j99.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just heard on radio news that Ollie is still a chance for the weekend. Hasnt been fully assessed yet and he hasnt got a line thru his name yet.

I doubt he would play even if they decided they can delay the operation until after the season or we get knocked out. I remember watching Darren Cresswell several times belt his dislocated knee back into slot and play on. Hope Ollie's shoulder dislocation is more like that than a really severe one.

Last edited:
Just heard on radio news that Ollie is still a chance for the weekend. Hasnt been fully assessed yet and he hasnt got a line thru his name yet.

I doubt he would play even if they decided they can delay the operation until after the season or we get knocked out. I remember watching Darren Cresswell several times belt his dislocated knee back into slot and play on. Hope Ollie's shoulder dislocation is more like that than a really severe one.

That's got to be 1 of the quickest smackdowns of all time

Jason Porplyzia tried to do the right thing to by the Crows. Don't want Ollie trying to do the right thing by us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back