Preview AFL Round 19-Geelong Cats vs Sydney Swans, Saturday 8th August 7.20pm, Simonds Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well I'll expand on the stat I gave you about Kersten in the team 93 v the team average points over the whole year 80 by telling you that with Kersten in the team we average 93 points a game without Kersten we average a meagre 74 points a game. So he on average makes just over a 3 goal difference to our score. Again it seems fairly logical to me that from such a differential in scores you'd have to deduce that the guy is having a distinctly positive impact on our ability to score.

Check out the GFC and Scott's comments I think he knows better.

Joint banner is better than those pathetic suggestions of a guard of honour or having every Geelong player individually shake Goodes' hand as he runs out onto the ground. The club was basically forced to do something with the media shitstorm over all this drama. I just hope that seeing as we're playing for our season in front of a home crowd without a senior player who keeps getting himself rubbed out that the coaches and players are 100% focused on the match and not this circus surrounding it, which I'm sure they are. We've still got a game to play, and a bloody important one.

Check out the GFC and Scott's comments I think he knows better.

I don't see that Scott's message regarding Kersten is a rebuttal of what BlightysCats has posted. BC has said that Kersten adds to the scoring power ("you'd have to deduce that the guy is having a distinctly positive impact on our ability to score"), albeit not getting on the board himelf. Scott has just said that he wants more than that. He has not disagreed with BC at all.

And I don't think BC would disagree with Scott's thoughts, either.

CATS coach Chris Scott wants to see Shane Kersten have a greater impact on matches during the run towards the finals.
Scott was asked about the 22-year-old's development on this week’s episode of Tweet The Coach, brought to you by Momentum Energy.
“We’d like more from Shane, to be honest,” Scott said.
“I think our supporters can see that quite clearly.
“What is harder to see is the importance to our structure and some of the selfless work he does to make sure others get the ball.
“He was directly involved in quite a few of our goals on the weekend and … he does work for his teammates.

“But the reality for Shane ... is that he needs to have more impact on the game as an individual, rather than just working to bring everyone else into the game.
“He’s still a young player and he’s learning, but the really honest answer is we’d like more.

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2015-08-05/coach-wants-more-from-kersten

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word coming through that clubs will be running through a joint banner.

Rant warning.

This is a completely STUPID idea. Doing it for an Anzac Day game-fair enough, doing it because a person significant with both teams has died-fair enough, doing it because one player is sooking about being booed by WCE supporters-STUPID.
This will completely stuff up Joel Selwood's 200th game celebration. He's our captain, 3 x premiership player etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.
He deserves his own banner. Where they going to put this stupid banner, the teams come out from opposite sides of the ground.
Stupid idea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

................end rant.

Rant warning.

This is a completely STUPID idea. Doing it for an Anzac Day game-fair enough, doing it because a person significant with both teams has died-fair enough, doing it because one player is sooking about being booed by WCE supporters-STUPID.
This will completely stuff up Joel Selwood's 200th game celebration. He's our captain, 3 x premiership player etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.
He deserves his own banner. Where they going to put this stupid banner, the teams come out from opposite sides of the ground.

Agreed. Our boys will have to make absolutely CERTAIN that it will be they who are celebrating Joel's 200th at the end of the game in the right style. Go Cats!!!

I too am a little ****ed off that again it falls to Geelong to be the one club to finally show some leadership and balls. I mean it's what we do - we are a class act. I just don't like the fact that Joel's 200th could be overshadowed by this stuff.

I too am a little stuffed off that again it falls to Geelong to be the one club to finally show some leadership and balls. I mean it's what we do - we are a class act. I just don't like the fact that Joel's 200th could be overshadowed by this stuff.
THe only fair thing to do, would be for the swans to just run through our giant SEL200 banner. Blue and white colored, blue from us, white from them. Even.

Inside mail says the joint banner will read:

"You can celebrate 201 next week for Captain Joel Who?
This match headline reads "Goodes" so don't dare boo!"

People probably shouldn't boo Goodes for no reason, that game has been played out by other supporters by now but wonder what the fallout will be if this happens again?

At least we can all be united by the fact we don't have to listen to BT, Darcy or Ling try to make heads or tails of it.

Adam-Goodes-Joel-Selwood-628.JPG

Last edited:
I think it should just be a bit of an indigenous/multicultural/unity themed day. Both sides wearing indigenous jumpers et cetera. Both sides celebrating Selwood and unity. One side of the banner each.
But cause Adam Goodes is involved it will be about him.

Rant warning.

Can I make a suggestion,up their ------ arses

I think it should just be a bit of an indigenous/multicultural/unity themed day. Both sides wearing indigenous jumpers et cetera. Both sides celebrating Selwood and unity. One side of the banner each.
But cause Adam Goodes is involved it will be about him.
+ it should all be about Selwood FFS!!!

It's ok I'm a bad supporter I went home early in Enrights 300th. I pay $600 a year reserved seats I'll not boo a player. I'll not receive a free jumper like the people who signed up for 3 game membership in August for $75. Screw this

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk
I know!!! I was a HouseCat member for years + received the best Cats stuff. Now I'm a Home Game member + all I get is a beanie or a scarf o_O I was so excited increasing my membership + you get SFA!!! I complained + the Club sent me a Geelong pen + a pencil case :rolleyes: It's just ridiculous!

Here you go, boys. Who predicted we'd hear from the Captain before the game??

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/video/2015-08-05/a-message-from-the-cats-players

They did a good job cropping out the gun to their heads and the 'Sad Hulk music' was a nice touch.
"it's not about who wins or loses"
Wait, what? Is this an under 9's football match or a match playing to a sold out crowd on the Captains 200th to decide if you play finals or not.

They should just make a video that says "Look if your a drunk bogan and you boo Goodes unfairly, we'll kick you out because we don't want to be the media's whipping boys this week so show some bloody decency and don't be a pack of dickheads".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back