Official Match Thread S20 Rd 2: MOTR - Gold City Royals v West Coast Wonders @ The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not interested in sifting through a 5,000 word essay. What I am interested in is a simple answer without avoidance.
I'm not interested in talking to a child any longer. No matter how grown up they think they are.

Your answer is there in the post. Your inability to read, let alone comprehend is your own peril and our own enjoyment.

It isn't hard to press two buttons, type in what you're looking for and then hit one final button.

Last edited:
I'm not interested in talking to a child any longer. No matter how grown up they think they are.

Your answer is there in the post. Your inability to read, let alone comprehend is your own peril and our own enjoyment.

It isn't hard to press two buttons, type in what you're looking for and then hit one final button.
So you're still refusing to answer? Its ok mate, I understand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was going to say that wasn't aimed at you, but considering you couldn't dissect that from the post I guess it is?
Thought you would be used to people thinking everything is about them, given what team you're from

Well, to be fair, who can be arsed posting in here when every 2nd post is made by a flog who has no association with either team? If I could be arsed I'd ask the admin to clean the thread up and remove all traces of said flog

Did I mention that I'm gonna beat a few Royals up this week?
You'd have to dig a couple up for that prophecy to come to fruition

And suddenly a team sheet appeared...

t6tQp8F.jpg

WEST COAST WONDERS: OFFICIAL Round 2 Team Sheet
FB: mike123 - Shallow - Bard
HB: Daniel1812 - SSwans2011 - haydo169
C: Beer n Skittles - LicoriceAllsorts - ClarkeM
HF: Wooljay - Marklar_33 - Storm20
FF: TwentyNine - Golumless - TheFreshBanana
Foll: Brown Bottle - PVF - Kangaroos4eva
I/C: craffles - Porked04

CHANGES:
Porked04: BP to Bench
Bard: Bench to BP
craffles: BP to Bench
mike123: HBF to BP
haydo169: HFF to HBF
Wooljay: HBF to HFF
Daniel1812: Rover to HBF
Kangaroos4eva: HFF to Rover
Storm20: Bench to HFF

Looking at both this and the Wonders' last team sheet, you may find yourself asking: "is this the sexiest team that has ever graced a Qooty field?" Well,

Before you ask; yes, that is applause following his answer to the question. It is certainly not something as absurd as laughter. Moving on, let us analyse what it is that makes this team so aesthetically pleasing.

First and foremost, we have that glorious backline in which half the squad can play a role to absolute perfection. This is exemplified by the fact that only half the players from the Wonders' backline in the clash against the Roys remain there - a match in which the Wonders backline feasted on the old-timers. However, Wooljay is still completely refreshed from the off-season, as he was rarely required to compete last week, and has thus been moved on to the half forward flank, as the ball is unlikely to be outside of that region of the field very much. One of the competition's hottest rookies in haydo169 will show off his defensive prowess after an impressive first showing, while Daniel1812 seeks to spearhead an elite rebound game with a move from the midfield to the backline for this clash. Bard returns to the starting 18 to further bolster this brilliant defence. Shallow, mike123 and SSwans2011 all played wonderful defensive games last week, and remain their for this clash; the Royals forward line groaned reading this.

Next we have the unbeatable midfield. It's no fluke that it took LicoriceAllsorts less than a minute to bang home a goal in the Roys clash. The brilliant work of our midfield complemented by Brown Bottle's impeccable ruckwork means there is essentially no point for opposition midfielders to turn up. Plus, we don't enjoy toying with them, so it would be generous of them to allow that not to happen. I haven't even gotten to ClarkeM yet. The veteran kicked three goals and was everywhere in the Wonders round one clash. It's undeniable that we will see more of the same this week, as he runs around with the ball on a string. Credit to Kangaroos4eva, who is receiving a run in the midfield after a solid first game, and a whopping 60 posts in his first match thread. He will learn from one of the all-time best in PVF who is displaying his leadership in the midfield. We then have the ever-consistent Beer n Skittles on a wing - a man who has never let the pressure get to him since debuting, and has taken it up to every opponent he's ever had.

Now we have the forward line - the ludicrously strong combination of Golumless and TwentyNine who both banged home three majors last week. Add Marklar_33 to that group - a man capable of kicking massive bags, and many would guffaw - think such a grouping is simply asinine; however, the Wonders have made it happen, and it truly is as good as it sounds. Then you add the experience of TheFreshBanana and Storm20, as well as elite swing-man to the frame in Wooljay, and the winning score has already been kicked and doubled.

Of course, you can't forget about the unstoppable bench. The Wonders' bench this week of craffles and Porked04 has achieved no easy feat in leveling the Wonders' bench last week of Storm20 and Bard as the greatest bench of all time. In any sport. In anything.

If you are like some particular members of the Sweet FA and incapable of reading, that's a shame for you, because you have absolutely no idea of the force of this Wonders line-up. Not only is this the greatest squad in the history of the Sweet FA, but the only appropriate response to anyone posing that nonsensical question is a bitter scoff.​

And suddenly a team sheet appeared...
t6tQp8F.jpg

WEST COAST WONDERS: OFFICIAL Round 2 Team Sheet
FB: mike123 - Shallow - Bard
HB: Daniel1812 - SSwans2011 - haydo169
C: Beer n Skittles - LicoriceAllsorts - ClarkeM
HF: Wooljay - Marklar_33 - Storm20
FF: TwentyNine - Golumless - TheFreshBanana
Foll: Brown Bottle - PVF - Kangaroos4eva
I/C: craffles - Porked04

CHANGES:
Porked04: BP to Bench
Bard: Bench to BP
craffles: BP to Bench
mike123: HBF to BP
haydo169: HFF to HBF
Wooljay: HBF to HFF
Daniel1812: Rover to HBF
Kangaroos4eva: HFF to Rover
Storm20: Bench to HFF

Looking at both this and the Wonders' last team sheet, you may find yourself asking: "is this the sexiest team that has ever graced a Qooty field?" Well,

Before you ask; yes, that is applause following his answer to the question. It is certainly not something as absurd as laughter. Moving on, let us analyse what it is that makes this team so aesthetically pleasing.

First and foremost, we have that glorious backline in which half the squad can play a role to absolute perfection. This is exemplified by the fact that only half the players from the Wonders' backline in the clash against the Roys remain there - a match in which the Wonders backline feasted on the old-timers. However, Wooljay is still completely refreshed from the off-season, as he was rarely required to compete last week, and has thus been moved on to the half forward flank, as the ball is unlikely to be outside of that region of the field very much. One of the competition's hottest rookies in haydo169 will show off his defensive prowess after an impressive first showing, while Daniel1812 seeks to spearhead an elite rebound game with a move from the midfield to the backline for this clash. Bard returns to the starting 18 to further bolster this brilliant defence. Shallow, mike123 and SSwans2011 all played wonderful defensive games last week, and remain their for this clash; the Royals forward line groaned reading this.

Next we have the unbeatable midfield. It's no fluke that it took LicoriceAllsorts less than a minute to bang home a goal in the Roys clash. The brilliant work of our midfield complemented by Brown Bottle's impeccable ruckwork means there is essentially no point for opposition midfielders to turn up. Plus, we don't enjoy toying with them, so it would be generous of them to allow that not to happen. I haven't even gotten to ClarkeM yet. The veteran kicked three goals and was everywhere in the Wonders round one clash. It's undeniable that we will see more of the same this week, as he runs around with the ball on a string. Credit to Kangaroos4eva, who is receiving a run in the midfield after a solid first game, and a whopping 60 posts in his first match thread. He will learn from one of the all-time best in PVF who is displaying his leadership in the midfield. We then have the ever-consistent Beer n Skittles on a wing - a man who has never let the pressure get to him since debuting, and has taken it up to every opponent he's ever had.

Now we have the forward line - the ludicrously strong combination of Golumless and TwentyNine who both banged home three majors last week. Add Marklar_33 to that group - a man capable of kicking massive bags, and many would guffaw - think such a grouping is simply asinine; however, the Wonders have made it happen, and it truly is as good as it sounds. Then you add the experience of TheFreshBanana and Storm20, as well as elite swing-man to the frame in Wooljay, and the winning score has already been kicked and doubled.

Of course, you can't forget about the unstoppable bench. The Wonders' bench this week of craffles and Porked04 has achieved no easy feat in leveling the Wonders' bench last week of Storm20 and Bard as the greatest bench of all time. In any sport. In anything.

If you are like some particular members of the Sweet FA and incapable of reading, that's a shame for you, because you have absolutely no idea of the force of this Wonders line-up. Not only is this the greatest squad in the history of the Sweet FA, but the only appropriate response to anyone posing that nonsensical question is a bitter scoff.

I agree with everything written here.

Much like the scoff is the appropriate response to the question raised before, the correct response to seeing the Wonders team sheet is the following:

Faint.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back