Preview AFL Round 19-Geelong Cats vs Sydney Swans, Saturday 8th August 7.20pm, Simonds Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
They should just make a video that says "Look if your a drunk bogan and you boo Goodes unfairly, we'll kick you out because we don't want to be the media's whipping boys this week so show some bloody decency and don't be a pack of dickheads".
Just have a banner that says:
"Boo Goodes = boot party."

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
They did a good job cropping out the gun to their heads and the 'Sad Hulk music' was a nice touch.
"it's not about who wins or loses"
Wait, what? Is this an under 9's football match or a match playing to a sold out crowd on the Captains 200th to decide if you play finals or not.

They should just make a video that says "Look if your a drunk bogan and you boo Goodes unfairly, we'll kick you out because we don't want to be the media's whipping boys this week so show some bloody decency and don't be a pack of dickheads".
Yeah, they are obviously reading straight from a script and there doesn't look to be a lot of enthusiasm. I didn't think about the gun angle but you're quite possibly right.
The boys should be livid about Selsy's 200th being hijacked like that. Maybe the travelling circus could've just been toned down a bit but the performing dogs were always going to be part of the main show.

Like I said, the boys need to be in a position to celebrate at the end of the game. That's the most important thing. Not buttering up to the do-gooders (pardon the pun) and kowtowing in an effort to not be seen as offending anyone.

Gee, it's been a tough month or so for the boys, hasn't it? So many things to take their mind off their game. Hopefully the distraction won't last very long but they are a very young group and the distractions could prove detrimental to their game. Let's hope the Swans still have a few players out, just to even things up a little, hey? :)

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
I too am a little stuffed off that again it falls to Geelong to be the one club to finally show some leadership and balls. I mean it's what we do - we are a class act. I just don't like the fact that Joel's 200th could be overshadowed by this stuff.
Yeah, sucks, doesn't it? Goodes should've fronted up last week and had whoever they played, fix up the whole sorry mess, not us.

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
Gee, it's been a tough month or so for the boys, hasn't it? So many things to take their mind off their game. Hopefully the distraction won't last very long but they are a very young group and the distractions could prove detrimental to their game. Let's hope the Swans still have a few players out, just to even things up a little, hey? :)
It has indeed! But I think it can only help the growth of our kittens, so yeah, we just need to top it off with finals!

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Can I make a suggestion,up their ------ arses

Oh, you pick one!!!
images

But I lolled. I really did!! :D:D

Episode

Draftee
Sep 13, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeah, they are obviously reading straight from a script and there doesn't look to be a lot of enthusiasm. I didn't think about the gun angle but you're quite possibly right.
The boys should be livid about Selsy's 200th being hijacked like that. Maybe the travelling circus could've just been toned down a bit but the performing dogs were always going to be part of the main show.

Like I said, the boys need to be in a position to celebrate at the end of the game. That's the most important thing. Not buttering up to the do-gooders (pardon the pun) and kowtowing in an effort to not be seen as offending anyone.

Episode

Draftee
Sep 13, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Luckily I was sitting down when I heard about the shared banner, this issue has got out of hand.It is not about race, some people just don"t like Goodes just like they don"t like Selwood or Mitchell.What are they going to do next week have Geelong and Hawthorn run out from the same banner because opposition supporters boo both of them.Some people need to get a grip and get on with playing this great game.

Greg Ryan

Senior List
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
I was on the train to Homebush for the game V Geelong earlier in the season. I was talking to a Geelong supporters couple and they were wonderful people. Loved their team, but loved football even more.

I've heard that the Geelong supporters are amongst the best in the AFL.

The Swans people will never forget the kindness that you have afforded to Adam Goodes.

Your a super club and the Swans supporters really appreciated what you are doing like the Crows supporters appreciated your class a couple of weeks ago.

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Luckily I was sitting down when I heard about the shared banner, this issue has got out of hand.It is not about race, some people just don"t like Goodes just like they don"t like Selwood or Mitchell.What are they going to do next week have Geelong and Hawthorn run out from the same banner because opposition supporters boo both of them.Some people need to get a grip and get on with playing this great game.
Maybe the Hawks and the Cats can walk out in pairs, hand in hand, and encourage the supporters to cheer each couple as they enter the ground. Something to foster brotherhood and to make the Hawks not be so unsociable! :p :D

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
I was on the train to Homebush for the game V Geelong earlier in the season. I was talking to a Geelong supporters couple and they were wonderful people. Loved their team, but loved football even more.

I've heard that the Geelong supporters are amongst the best in the AFL.

The Swans people will never forget the kindness that you have afforded to Adam Goodes.

Your a super club and the Swans supporters really appreciated what you are doing like the Crows supporters appreciated your class a couple of weeks ago.
I don't have any issue with the club supporting Goodes and the players are a great bunch, as are the GFC hierarchy, and no doubt would buy into whatever they have been told to do. What I do have an issue with is the way the club is going to go about it. I daresay the choreographed 'celebrations' that have been planned aren't something that the GFC has cooked up.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2015-08-05/cats-and-swans-to-enter-together

Sorry,don't like this running through the banner together business.
Just put a message on the back of the GFC banner if you want to say something.
Joel's 200th and it's a bit of "F*** you,Tony Abbott's love child will get sad if you don't acknowledge his comeback from a massive 1 week off"

:thumbsdown:

BTW how are they going to enter together when their rooms are on the opposite sides of the ground ?

This is pathetic. Last time this happened a man died. A man has been booed. Spot the difference. I'm just about done with AFL I think I'll just go watch Bell Park on Saturday. Pathetic

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk
How did the Goodes issue become about racism? Anyone?

It's like being in Bizarro World -

latest

Greg Ryan

Senior List
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't have any issue with the club supporting Goodes and the players are a great bunch, as are the GFC hierarchy, and no doubt would buy into whatever they have been told to do. What I do have an issue with is the way the club is going to go about it. I daresay the choreographed 'celebrations' that has been planned isn't something that the GFC has cooked up.

Would it be possible for the Kardinia crowd to conduct a pitch invasion if Goodes scores a goal?

Imagine that for the AFL community getting behind Goodes.

It would be an incredible moment, and no one will be fined if enough people invade.

STP18

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
May 4, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2015-08-05/cats-and-swans-to-enter-together

Sorry,don't like this running through the banner together business.
Just put a message on the back of the GFC banner if you want to say something.
Joel's 200th and it's a bit of "F*** you,Tony Abbott's love child will get sad if you don't acknowledge his comeback from a massive 1 week off"

:thumbsdown:

BTW how are they going to enter together when their rooms are on the opposite sides of the ground ?
And you just know there's going to be one or two knobs booing which will be barely audible on the TV which the media will blow up on us about. Selwood's 200th at Kardinia Park has been transformed into a welcome back Goodesy after your one week hiatus. Still the club was put in a pretty shitty position and it's fallen to us to clean up everyone elses crap.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Would it be possible for the Kardinia crowd to conduct a pitch invasion if Goodes scores a goal?

It would be an incredible moment, and no one will be fined if enough people invade.

They could dispense with the bounce of the ball, and start the game with Goodes having a shot at goal.

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong

Pitch invasions take ages to clear up and disrupt the continuity of the game. Probably not a good idea.
Maybe just a minute's silence instead if he kicks one ;) but I would hope that our boys in the backline don't afford him any opportunity to score :)

The problem is that, if he scores a point- or kicks the ball out on the full- from a set shot, anyone who cheers and claps him will be seen as racist, so the crowd won't know what to do. The cameras will be out in force, no doubt Channel 7 and all the news crew will be there recording each person's expression, then writing up their divisive articles about who was thinking what, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back