Australia Summer Series 2015-16

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably because they've been told they won't get our Boxing Day Test anytime soon.

Probably because they made those agreements years ago.

I'll also remind people that 2 or so years ago when Ross Taylor was sacked as Captain, New Zealand were an on field basketcase as well.

And that was around the time when these scheduling decisions were actually made.

Probably, but those nations need Test cricket. And the game is more important than the crowd numbers. We have no game if the other nations fade out of the game (as the West Indies, Zimbabwe and maybe at Test level Sri Lanka are looking like doing). In the unlikely event that CA has to make a small loss one year out of every few in order to keep the game afloat, that's not too high a price.

Unfortunately as morally right your message is it is just not viable in a commercial sense at all.

The best thing they can do is introduce the Top End series for the above mentioned countries but the summer of cricket should be about SA, India, England and NZ. With SL & Pakistan getting involved in the ODIS.

ODI series v India

1st ODI: Tuesday January 12, WACA 11.20am AWST
2nd ODI: Friday January 15, Gabba 1.20pm AEST
3rd ODI: Sunday January 17, MCG 2.20pm AEDT
4th ODI: Wednesday January 20, Manuka Oval 2.20pm AEDT
5th ODI: Saturday January 23, SCG 2.20pm AEDT

T20 series v India

1st T20: Tuesday January 26, Adelaide Oval 7.08pm ACDT
2nd T20: Friday January 29, MCG 7.38pm AEDT
3rd T20: Sunday January 31, SCG 7.38pm AEDT

Last edited:

ODI series v India

T20 series v India

Why so specific?

ODI series v India

T20 series v India

Bit disappointed that it's all over by January, it was fantastic this year having no break between footy and cricket seasons; the footy season started literally 4 days after the cricket finished. Next year we will have nothing on for all of February and March, ugh.

Bit disappointed that it's all over by January, it was fantastic this year having no break between footy and cricket seasons; the footy season started literally 4 days after the cricket finished. Next year we will have nothing on for all of February and March, ugh.
It was good cause of the world cup, but without that it becomes a drag. I would've liked another week but definitely not all the way to footy season.

We're playing in New Zealand in February so if you have Foxtel (or an internet connection...) the summer will go a bit longer.

Are we still squeezing in a 2-3 Test series in New Zealand in Feb, before heading to South Africa in March for T20s and ODIs?

I bloody hope so - depending on what's happening with jobs (cos I currently don't have one, I'm studying full time for a semester) I hope to take advantage of a great friend currently living in Johannesburg. Going to see a test match at the bull ring would be incredible. I'm just patiently waiting for dates to be announced.

I bloody hope so - depending on what's happening with jobs (cos I currently don't have one, I'm studying full time for a semester) I hope to take advantage of a great friend currently living in Johannesburg. Going to see a test match at the bull ring would be incredible. I'm just patiently waiting for dates to be announced.

No tests in South Africa.

Might just be T20s as practice for the 2016 World T20 tournament

It was good cause of the world cup, but without that it becomes a drag. I would've liked another week but definitely not all the way to footy season.
I know we can't have the world cup and play until March every year, but at the beginning of February footy season is too far away to get excited about and it's still really hot weather so I'm still in cricket mode. Sure it's nice that we are playing NZ in some tests but not everyone has foxtel. I think a 5 ODI series against NZ on home soil plus some T20's would extend the summer until February which would be enough cricket without being too much imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we can't have the world cup and play until March every year, but at the beginning of February footy season is too far away to get excited about and it's still really hot weather so I'm still in cricket mode. Sure it's nice that we are playing NZ in some tests but not everyone has foxtel. I think a 5 ODI series against NZ on home soil plus some T20's would extend the summer until February which would be enough cricket without being too much imo.
And further to my point we have more tests than ODIs this summer, of course tests are better but we are still really light on ODI cricket this summer. I mean we are in a situation where we could have 30 days of test cricket and 5 days of ODI cricket.

Just purchased my tickets to day two of the 2nd NZ test...tickets are more expensive than the bloody world cup! And that's with the priority discount I had too.

Do ACF members get them cheaper than general public?

I bought my ticket for Boxing Day yesterday - I've only just moved to Melbourne, so despite it 'only' being the WIndies, I'm super excited to go as a "bucket list" type of thing.

It only occurred to me when I'd hung up that I'm pretty sure I'm entitled to a discount as an AFL member that I didn't claim.

Haven't been to Boxing Day since 2012 due to being out of town or at work so looking forward to going and drinking my fair share...

Didn't even get too drunk in 2012 because my friends ******* drove in so I didn't want to be "the drunk one" :rolleyes:

ODI series vs New Zealand

1st ODI: Wednesday February 3, Eden Park 2.00pm NZDT
2nd ODI: Saturday February 6, Wellington Regional Stadium 2.00pm NZDT
3rd ODI: Monday February 8, Seddon Park 2.00pm NZDT

Test series vs New Zealand

1st Test: Friday 12 February-Tuesday 16 February, Basin Reserve 10.30am NZDT
2nd Test: Saturday February 20-Wednesday February 24, Hagley Oval 10.30am NZDT

NZDT is 2 hours ahead of AEDT.

ODI series vs New Zealand

1st ODI: Wednesday February 3, Eden Park 2.00pm NZDT
2nd ODI: Saturday February 6, Wellington Regional Stadium 2.00pm NZDT
3rd ODI: Monday February 8, Seddon Park 2.00pm NZDT