Progressive Tips (After Round 10)
DIV 1
Scoopar 33 (3,4,2,4,4,3,3,3,3,4) Missed Lobethal
Milang 30 (1,3,2,5,4,4,3,2,2,4) Missed Hahndorf

DIV 2
Milang 34 (3,3,3,3,4,4,3,4,4,3) Missed Macclesfield
Scoopar 32 (2,3,3,4,3,3,3,4,3,4)

Last edited:
I thought I would get my tips in now so I don't forget.

Round 11
27th June 2015

(Tips in bold)

DIV 1
Mt Lofty v Ironbank
Onka Valley v Torrens Valley
Hahndorf
v Lobethal
Echunga v Mt Barker
Uraidla v Blackwood

DIV 2
Bridgewater
v Kangarilla
Kersbrook v Macclesfield
Meadows v Birdwood
Nairne Bremer
v Sedan Cambrai
Gumeracha BYE

Bridgewater Callington 30.15.195 def Kangarilla 2.2.14
Kersbrook 32.15.207 def Macclesfield 4.4.28
Birdwood 17.7.109 def Meadows 7.8.50
Nairne Bremer 28.17.185 def Sedan Cambrai 6.1.37

Nothing like a few blowouts to make your weekend. Bloody hell!

Meadows' losing margin looks somewhat respectable compared to the rest!

Kangarilla's first quarter was pathetic. Bridgewater blew them out of the park booting 12-7-79 to a goal. The effort was woeful and embarrassing. A good old fashioned blast from the coach at quarter time revived them to some extent; restricting the undefeated top side Raiders to 4 goals in the 2nd quarter and 5 goals in the third quarter. The last quarter started well with only 2 goals in the first 12 minutes but then Bridgewater stormed home with about 7 goals in 15 minutes. So for about 65% of the game Kangarilla held Bridgewater to 11 goals but got blown away by 19 goals in the other 35%.

First time round, in the wet at Kangy, Bridgewater won by 59 points. This time they were 73 points in front at quarter time.

Former Sturt player John McDonald was a class above and is probably too good for this level of competition. He destroyed Kangarilla and was probably responsible for about half of Bridgewater's goals with his slick use of the ball. He has to be favourite for the Comp Best & Fairest.

The week before Kangy was beaten by 21 goals by Kersbrook (25-17 to 6-8). On Saturday Kersbrook kicked 32 goals against 5th placed Macclesfield on its way to a 30 goal win. Kersbrook also kicked 37 goals against Gumeracha the week before they played Kangarilla.

Bottom line is there are three sides just miles ahead of the rest. Birdwood is a solid 4th best and then Macclesfield is the best of the rest but nowhere near the class of the top 4.

Talking to a Bridgewater player on the weekend, they get around 50 to training with up to 10 blokes missing out on a game each week. Kangarilla gets about 20 to 25 to training and struggles to get a full team in the B Grade. There was a suggestion that the Bridgewater blokes who regularly miss out on a B Grade game should consider switching to Kangarilla to ensure they get a game of footy, but they aren't interested. They don't even have to train, but they're still not interested. They're just happy to be around Bridgewater, helping out in other areas.

Sounds like Kangarilla might merge down the track.

It's not exactly a big town and they don't have a large catchment area either to recruit from. Yet down the road at Meadows and Macclesfield they are primed for years to come with new housing being built and plenty of juniors. Meadows Primary School is nearly twice the size of what is was when I was there from 1999-2003.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weather was atrocious on Saturday. Rained heavily all day and of course the overnight rain would have rendered most grounds virtual quagmires.

Completely forgot about the tips this week due to a lot of other things happening.

Fair to say I wouldn't have picked Mt Barker to beat Hahndorf nor Onka Valley to beat Lobethal.

Division 2 all went the way of the favourites. The gap between the top 3 and the rest just keeps growing each round. With Birdwood and Macclesfield, the final five is probably set.

DIV 1
Blackwood 10-9-69 defeated Ironbank 1-10-16
Torrens Valley 9-9-63 defeated Mt Lofty 7-7-49
Mt Barker 9-8-62 defeated Hahndorf 4-4-28
Lobethal 6-12-48 beaten by Onka Valley 8-7-55
Uraidla 0-10-10 beaten by Echunga 1-10-16

DIV 2
Birdwood 7-7-49 beaten by Kersbrook 10-4-64
Sedan Cambrai 8-17-65 defeated Gumeracha 5-14-44
Macclesfield 5-4-34 beaten by Bridgewater 12-12-84
Nairne Bremer 10-10-70 defeated Meadows 5-5-35
Kangarilla BYE

On Friday I posted my tips and the draw for the weekend. (At least I thought I did)

Today I checked in and they're not there. I have no idea what happened?

For what its worth I wrote these on Friday night but had trouble with my home internet connection and couldn't get them on the system.

ROUND 14
July 25th
DIV 1
MT BARKER v Mt Lofty
URAIDLA v Onka Valley
Echunga v HAHNDORF
LOBETHAL
v Ironbank
TORRENS VALLEY v Blackwood

I would have missed on Hahndorf........again!

DIV 2
Nairne Bremer v BRIDGEWATER
Meadows v KERSBROOK
MACCLESFIELD
v Gumeracha
KANGARILLA v Sedan Cambrai

I would have missed on Bridgewater who lost their first game.

ROUND 14 RESULTS
DIV 1
Echunga 7-8-50 defeated Hahndorf 4-10-34
Torrens Valley 8-12-60 defeated Blackwood 5-12-42
Mt Barker 15-14-104 defeated Mt Lofty 4-5-29
Lobethal 9-7-61 defeated Ironbank 6-9-45
Uraidla 11-10-76 defeated Onka Valley 6-5-41
All the home teams won.

DIV 2
Kangarilla 4-10-34 defeated Sedan Cambrai 2-10-22 (yippee!!!)
Macclesfield 19-13-127 defeated Gumeracha 1-7-13
Meadows 8-7-55 beaten by Kersbrook 14-12-96
Nairne Bremer 11-3-69 defeated Bridgewater 9-13-67

Out of all nine senior games, only one Away team enjoyed a win.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...rruption-inquiry/story-fni6uo1m-1227456010107

SA Aboriginal Sports Training Academy boss Lindsay Bassani charged after corruption inquiry

• by: ANDREW HOUGH AND KEN MCGREGOR
  • July 24, 2015
010053-ddf3f728-304c-11e5-bb9a-f3bb36310c03.jpg

Lindsay Bassani did not appear in court to face fraud charges. Source: News Limited

A SENIOR public servant defrauded thousands of dollars from the Education Department while in charge of an indigenous program, prosecutors allege.

Lindsay Raymond Bassani, 37, failed to appear in the Adelaide Magistrates Court on Friday over dishonesty charges alleged to have occurred while he was manager of the South Australian Aboriginal Sports Training Academy.

He is charged with six counts of abuse of public office and four counts of dishonestly dealing with documents after a South Australian Independent Commissioner Against Corruption inquiry.

After he failed to appear, ICAC Commissioner Bruce Lander, QC, gave permission to The Advertiser to name him.
The matter returns to court on Monday.
story-fni6uo1m-1227456010107

Court documents allege Bassani, of Semaphore Park, siphoned almost $12,000 from the department over a 17-month period by using “false” documents.

Bassani, who has been suspended on full pay, is charged with taking the money in various amounts of up to $5000 at a time.

He is further accused of having used his position as a public officer to have “improperly exercised power or influence … with the intention of securing a benefit for himself or another”.

A statement of summons, issued by Director of Public Prosecutions Adam Kimber, SC, also claims Bassani used his position to secure $1736 over 11 days in February last year for Echunga Football Club, where he is the A-Grade coach.

He is also accused of intending to deceive the department out of almost $3500 to benefit Raymond Thomas West.

The offences are alleged to have committed between December 6, 2012 and May 16 last year. Bassani has yet to enter a plea.

010079-d6c42928-304c-11e5-bb9a-f3bb36310c03.jpg

Lindsay Bassani (left) at the announcement of Port Adelaide Football Club’s Aboriginal academy. Picture: Sarah Reed Source: News Limited

He was charged on June 18 under the Criminal Law Consolidation Act 1935. He stands accused of six “major indictable” offences, which mean they must be dealt with by the District Court or Supreme Court.

The documents allege that he deceived the Department of Education and Child Development out of $11,855.

In a statement, a department spokeswoman said an employee was charged with various offences following an ICAC investigation.

“The man was directed away from the workplace at the commencement of the investigation, and is currently suspended on pay pending the outcome of court proceedings,” she said.

In a written statement last month, Mr Lander said authorities investigated the allegations after receiving a report. It referred its findings to the Office of the DPP, which laid the charges.

Using sport and recreation as a “key driver” to help Aboriginal students receive a better education, the academy oversees 14 sites and involves students from 32 secondary schools, according to its website.

Known as the “Premier’s Initiative”, it launched in August 2004 following an order by then Premier Mike Rann to his Social Inclusion Board that it review Aboriginal health and wellbeing in the state.

It is supported by organisations including the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, SANFL, Port Adelaide Football Club, Surf Lifesaving SA, Basketball SA, Adelaide United and TAFE.

Bassani has said: “(It) is a unique sporting and education program specially designed to help Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students achieve their SACE and move on to living health and successful lives.

“Typically, students who enter SAASTA experience dramatically improved attendance rates as well as a shift in attitude and behaviour.”

Echunga Football Club president Kym Pocock declined to comment.

Last edited:
Going down the wire in Division One for the last spot in the finals.
Lobethal 5th 18pts 54.59%
Barker 6th 18pts 52.33%
Blackwood 7th 16pts 50.77%

Lobey play Uraidla Districts so will probably lose.
Barkeroos and Blackwood play each other so if the Roos win they're in, if the Woods win by enough they can get in also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back