South West District Football League 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the senior BNF I'd say Tye O'Connell, Nathan Curtis and Jermaine Jones in no particular order. Marcus England, Ethan Blacksell, James Imbi, Stephen Lovett, Liam Kaine, Alexander Richardson, Jake Hawker and Hamish Withers should all poll well too.

The team above should be pretty close to team of the year, although I reckon Lovett rucking and maybe O'brien or Blacksell could sneak in for the roos.

Could anyone fill me in where all the finals are played this year?

Team of the year 2015
B. Macdonald Tosetti Surkitt
HB. Eats Mirchin Blacksell
C. Jones O'Connell England
HF. Kaine Bell Hawker
F Russell Wilson Vaughn
R. Nagorka S.Lovett Curtis
I. Oldfield Shannon Morris Richardson

I think that should be accurate, but I was struggling to keep up!
Coach: Mick Ford Tyrendarra
Captain: Tye O'Connell

For the senior BNF I'd say Tye O'Connell, Nathan Curtis and Jermaine Jones in no particular order. Marcus England, Ethan Blacksell, James Imbi, Stephen Lovett, Liam Kaine, Alexander Richardson, Jake Hawker and Hamish Withers should all poll well too.

The team above should be pretty close to team of the year, although I reckon Lovett rucking and maybe O'brien or Blacksell could sneak in for the roos.

Could anyone fill me in where all the finals are played this year?
Pretty spot on with the top 3 there mate!

Finals footy is here!
Seniors:
Coleraine V Tyrendarra @ Cavendish
I think Coleraine should get over the line here, Tyrendarra have been there abouts all year but just haven't showed that final bit of dominance. Darra's will have to man up Eats in the back line who gets plenty of it and uses it well also, the ruck contest should be good also with Cain covering the ground pretty well and Tyrendarra my find their advantage in the forward line with Taylor Vaughn sometimes proving hard to contain. Coleraine by 13pts.
Westerns V Cavendish @ Tyrendarra
This should be a very close game with a preview last weekend going down to the wire! while the Roo's have one of the more impressive midfields in the league, Cavendish have a nice spread across the ground. Ryan Gardiner has been in great form at CHB for Westerns and should win his one-on-one contest on saturday, a close eye will need to be on McNaughton though, Tyler Fehsler has given his Bloods mids every chance this year and this week should be the same with Keemy expected to miss the rest of the season. This may be a point of difference should Curtis and Co be able to take advantage and down forward for the Roo's Maurcus Bunney has kicked 8 goals this season all up against Cavendish so he will look to add to that tally on the weekend. With Westerns winning 2 of the last 3 for these sides I'm tempted to pick them, but without Keem and Nathan Curtis still feeling monday's win I'm tipping Cavendish by about one goal!

Reserves:
Cavendish V Heywood @ Cavendish
The Bloods will love having this at home, and Heywood will be hoping for some handy inclusions since they last travelled north. Cavendish by 15
Westerns V Coleraine @ Tyrendarra
Coleraine has looked to have it easily over the Roo's in their last meeting and I think Fitzy and his boys will get it done again. Coleraine by 10

Premiers: Coleraine
Wooden Spooners: Branxholme
League Medal: Nathan Curtis (Cav)
Goal Kicker:Mick Wilson (Hey)
Most expensive team: Westerns
Most under-rated player: Lunchy Attrill (West)
Most over-rated player: Charlie Woodfood (Tyr)
Most loyal player in the league: Hamish Withers?? (Tyr)
Toughest bloke in the league: Michael Keem (West)
Biggest Sook in the league: Marcus Bunney (West)

Anyone else's opinions???

Semi finals last week-
Great win to Cavendish on the siren in the reserves to secure the first GF spot of the year. (the Cav boys like taking it down to wire..!) and also solid stuff from Heywood getting the job done against Coleraine on the Sunday.
In the Seniors the scoreboard didnt reflect Heywoods hard slog to victory over the Maroons who couldnt get it going all day'and were noticeably affected by losing Tossetti who was having a great game. Tyrendarra got it done on Sunday after a close 1st half keeping their premiership dream alive.
Prelim finals this week-
Reserves, Heywood V Tyrendarra. Heywood showed great fight on Sunday with a near full list and will look to carry that momentum into this weekend against Tyrendarra. The Darra's have great bookends in Easterbrook and Lipscombe who rarely have a bad game, so Heywood will need to find something special to get the win here. I think Tyrendarra will be too good by 4 goals and won't have enough firepower for the experienced Darra's.
Seniors, Coleraine V Tyrendarra. Unsure how injuries are looking heading into this game but they may just decide it. Tossetti Seemed to be moving better after the game so may get up by Saturday, on the other hand, Withers and Hawker were notable omissions from Sunday and will be needed for Tyrendarra to get over the line. With a fairly experienced defence I think Tyrendarra needs more options up forward to help Vaughn against an equally capable Marrons backs. However most games can be won or lost in the middle and this is where I feel Coleraine has the dominance. Kaine, Richardson and Eats with a combination of ruckmen should get the job done by about 6 goals.

Premiers: Heywood
Wooden Spooners: Branxholme
League Medal: Nathan Curtis (Cav)
Goal Kicker:Mick Wilson (Hey)
Most expensive team: Tyrendarra
Most under-rated player: Josh Uebergang (Hey)/ Cody Deutscher
Most over-rated player: I'll keep thinking
Most loyal player in the league: Josh Nash (Hey) Lefty (Heathmere)
Toughest bloke in the league: Michael Keem (West)
Biggest Sook in the league: Not sure for this one!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jason Saunders not coaching Heywood next season. Surely would take his coaching talents to a higher level..?
John Bell also took out Heywoods BnF in front of young gun Jamaine Jones, JB would have to go around again after last season, and Jamaine would be looking at the Hampden/Rebels for next season.

Hard to believe he has left if he hasn't already got something else lined up? Done a good job it seems.
Ben Ballinger coaching cavendish is a good get for them, mayb bring a few players from Hamilton with him? I know coleraine are chasing a few players from Hamilton, seems a few players there undecided on their futures while they look for a new coach. havnt heard anything from tyrendarra and westerns?

Heywood will still be strong if bell, the imbis and those experienced guys stay there. Hopefully the likes of cavendish and westerns can improve slightly and it could be a really close top 5.

Saunders and Stephen Lovett both done deals to Allansford, as Coach and Assistant Coach, may leave a bit of a gap in the middle but that should be easily filled from within for Heywood.
Jason Walker named new Senior Coach for Heywood, homegrown local who should bring something new to a good list.
Ben Millard should be back from a knee injury and Heywood will be hoping a few Reserves players will step up to fill any gaps (Matt Sailor, Tyson Lovett-Murray, Hayden Gibbs, Brett Caldwell and Aaron Morgan to name a few that didn't play in the GF!)

Be good to hear what's happening around the league though, I heard a whisper Jarrod Holt is heading to Tyrendarra..?

Saunders and Stephen Lovett both done deals to Allansford, as Coach and Assistant Coach, may leave a bit of a gap in the middle but that should be easily filled from within for Heywood.
Jason Walker named new Senior Coach for Heywood, homegrown local who should bring something new to a good list.
Ben Millard should be back from a knee injury and Heywood will be hoping a few Reserves players will step up to fill any gaps (Matt Sailor, Tyson Lovett-Murray, Hayden Gibbs, Brett Caldwell and Aaron Morgan to name a few that didn't play in the GF!)

Be good to hear what's happening around the league though, I heard a whisper Jarrod Holt is heading to Tyrendarra..?

Yeah Heywood will still be very strong and seem to have coin to attract new players so they will still be very handy. Cavendish signed Lachy Crawford and Brendan Huf from Hamilton is that right? Real good inclusions, couple of a grade players. Along with Ballinger and if they can keep there list they look real good. Holt to the darras I haven't heard but I think he is good mates with mick ford and Chester and a few the young lads there so might be true. heard he said to one club that offered him good coin that he wasn't interested in it and if he played would just be with mates.
Coleraine have been chasing a few young lads from the Roos too and they are waiting to see who the coach will be at Hamilton before they make there mind up. Prob need an injection of youth into that side and could improve quickly.
Dartmoor losing the Polanski boys?
Obviously they can't afford that, hopefully they can secure a few new players and bounce back up the ladder.
What about Heathmere westerns and branxholme? Any news?

Yeah Heywood will still be very strong and seem to have coin to attract new players so they will still be very handy. Cavendish signed Lachy Crawford and Brendan Huf from Hamilton is that right? Real good inclusions, couple of a grade players. Along with Ballinger and if they can keep there list they look real good. Holt to the darras I haven't heard but I think he is good mates with mick ford and Chester and a few the young lads there so might be true. heard he said to one club that offered him good coin that he wasn't interested in it and if he played would just be with mates.
Coleraine have been chasing a few young lads from the Roos too and they are waiting to see who the coach will be at Hamilton before they make there mind up. Prob need an injection of youth into that side and could improve quickly.
Dartmoor losing the Polanski boys?
Obviously they can't afford that, hopefully they can secure a few new players and bounce back up the ladder.
What about Heathmere westerns and branxholme? Any news?

Should be good news for Cavendish, as long as they hang onto their good young mids from last season.
Coleraine weren't far off making the GF so keeping the same squad will be pretty dangerous.
If Dartmoor do loose the twins they won't be left with much at all, Von Duve, Smith and Oldfield their only real other shining lights in 2015.

Have heard news of Heathmere signing a gun who played his juniors out there, and if it's true could have a could of big repercussions for a few teams.

Should be good news for Cavendish, as long as they hang onto their good young mids from last season.
Coleraine weren't far off making the GF so keeping the same squad will be pretty dangerous.
If Dartmoor do loose the twins they won't be left with much at all, Von Duve, Smith and Oldfield their only real other shining lights in 2015.

Have heard news of Heathmere signing a gun who played his juniors out there, and if it's true could have a could of big repercussions for a few teams.

Who is the Heathmere gun u speak of?
With Winis Imbi coaching north gambier I presume James will go with him.. Will bring Heywood back to the field..

Who is the Heathmere gun u speak of?
With Winis Imbi coaching north gambier I presume James will go with him.. Will bring Heywood back to the field..
Mick Wilson, great signing for Heathmere and should draw a few lads to go with him.
Also heard from a Darty player the twins won't be leaving. More news out of Heywood also with young gun Jamaine Jones signing at Portland, a move that makes sense as he is looking to take a spot in the Rebels next year.
So Winis has signed with North? or still just a rumour at this stage?

Interleague could be back next year too!
South West V Mininera on the cards, exciting stuff!

Interleague finally! Need this if the league wants to grow and be a strong comp. who will coach them? A present coach or someone from outside who isn't coaching a team? Hopefully everyone gets behind it and they can get a good result.
Seems Heywood might drop off a little bit and teams like cavendish and tyrendarra might strengthen up a little bit. Coleraine still strong, westerns thereabouts, Heathmere will improve, haven't heard much from branxholme.

Whispers Dartmoor struggling and may not field any teams.... Can anyone confirm??
Cavendish massive recruiting drive over summer. Will be hard to beat by the looks.
Fantastic to see interleague back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back