Southern FL - 2011/12

Flying High14

Draftee
Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Well some of our players have been approached by TSL clubs. We're confident of a finals finish at the young Eagles

Hobart may be improvers this year.

ChowTheMinty

Draftee
Mar 11, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Kieron (Keg) Barwick has re-signed for Sorell after a bit of VFL attention. Seem to be holding on to most of their young guns but this is definitely the biggest.

frankly

Senior List
Apr 12, 2011
hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well some of our players have been approached by TSL clubs. We're confident of a finals finish at the young Eagles

Hobart may be improvers this year.

Don't think so. At the TCA tonight for their practice match, 120 point loss to DOSA. It's gonna be a long year for the Tiges

Tigerssaints

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
hobart f c
Yep pretty embarssasing
Unfortunatley due to the bad press the tigers have had to cope with in the last 5 yrs( none of its own doing )
no player of any worth wants too play with us !
put money on the table, ( guys want to play with sucessful clubs)
Even last year , the SFL stopped us recruiting from other SFL clubs, so started from behind the 8 ball

but i do congratulate those who have stayed ,some dont have great footy ability ,but enjoy a great footy family at the Den
hang in their guys

Kingpin

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 15, 2004
AFL Club
Richmond
Don't think so. At the TCA tonight for their practice match, 120 point loss to DOSA. It's gonna be a long year for the Tiges
Yes unfortunately.
Pre-season the Tigers have recorded an approximately eight goal loss to Sorell (away), a 170-point defeat to Hobart City (away), a bad loss to Channel and a 114-point loss in the Tye Bennett Memorial Cup match against DOSA.
It was hoped that things may have turned around this season after recording four wins last season and two the season before that but on the evidence presented it looks to be another rough season ahead.

SFL Observer

Draftee
May 28, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Been loving the posts on this thread for a few years now. Seems to be getting quiet and now that I'm back and involved in the SFL thought I'd put my 2 cents in about the season so far. Only reasonably early days so far but still hard to go past New Norfolk. Claremont and Lindisfarne will be up there again. The Farne just need a few more talls but have an unbelievable running game. When it goes to plan like it did against Claremont they can match anyone, but have seen when it doesn't what can happen like against Hobart. East Coast Bombers going to ruins, thought they might be right up there this year. What's everyone elses thoughts on the year so far?

Apr 2, 2008
BigFooty
AFL Club
Geelong
Been loving the posts on this thread for a few years now. Seems to be getting quiet and now that I'm back and involved in the SFL thought I'd put my 2 cents in about the season so far. Only reasonably early days so far but still hard to go past New Norfolk. Claremont and Lindisfarne will be up there again. The Farne just need a few more talls but have an unbelievable running game. When it goes to plan like it did against Claremont they can match anyone, but have seen when it doesn't what can happen like against Hobart. East Coast Bombers going to ruins, thought they might be right up there this year. What's everyone elses thoughts on the year so far?

What is your opinion of cygnet this year? I have a few friends that play up there. Interested in hearing some thoughts!

Ratstail22

Rookie
Nov 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Mont
Curious as to your guys thoughts of the SFL competition? Obviously NN and Claremont dominating still, what do you guys feel around the salary cap and promotion? How do we end up with clubs in a position to all field underage sides?
The comp in general is in BIG trouble, Claremont beat a top 4 side on Saturday by 90 points, if they had kicked straighter (24 more scoring shots) a domination in anyones language ( I know some of the players just cant get motivated unless their playing the eagles). New Norfolk the same albeit against the bottom side, Cygnet had a FF that was 4ft5' and about that round on Saturday and some others that shouldn't be playing in any Senior comp in the state. Players like MickThompson and the weapon love playing for their club but are bored by coming up against slow fat blokes every week so they footy fans don't get to see them. I must admit Id sooner go and watch an Old Scholars game than SFL any day their top five sides would beat the mont and New Norfolk.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have to say expecting Claremont to win. But can any of you here sense a New Norfolk upset come the big dance? Have to say I'm in two minds to who will win.

Great day at KGV. Not sure of the crowd, probably about 5,000. Claremont won all 3 games. The Seniors was all over by 1/2 time after a 2nd qtr blitz by the Pies. New Norfolk looked a bit patched up & no match for a Claremont who had lost the last 2 GF's to 'Norfik'. It will be a wild old time at Abbotsfield park. And the rest of the week I recon!!

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Great day at KGV. Not sure of the crowd, probably about 5,000. Claremont won all 3 games. The Seniors was all over by 1/2 time after a 2nd qtr blitz by the Pies. New Norfolk looked a bit patched up & no match for a Claremont who had lost the last 2 GF's to 'Norfik'. It will be a wild old time at Abbotsfield park. And the rest of the week I recon!!

What a rubbish game it was, if they are the two best I would hate to see how bad the other teams are, shocking standard of footy, no one could hang onto a mark.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
What a rubbish game it was, if they are the two best I would hate to see how bad the other teams are, shocking standard of footy, no one could hang onto a mark.

If you want to see an AFL standard game, go to the G. & Yes, its a pity they arent up to the Lauderdale standard:rolleyes:, but its SFL community footy. Not all footy is top level & yes it was a bit one sided, but that shouldnt take away from Claremont's win & the atmosphere of the day.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
If you want to see an AFL standard game, go to the G. & Yes, its a pity they arent up to the Lauderdale standard:rolleyes:, but its SFL community footy. Not all footy is top level & yes it was a bit one sided, but that shouldnt take away from Claremont's win & the atmosphere of the day.

Calm down pal, I was just stating an opinion, after hearing all year how good these two teams were and how they would give TSL teams a run for there money, I thought I would see for myself, I think it's fair to say that neither would get with 25 goals of any state league team.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Probablyn
Calm down pal, I was just stating an opinion, after hearing all year how good these two teams were and how they would give TSL teams a run for there money, I thought I would see for myself, I think it's fair to say that neither would get with 25 goals of any state league team.

You are probably right. But you just put s**t on them & showed no respect for their day & their efforts. Not everyone can be a superstar, like at Lauderdale. I'm sure quite a few SFL players could play the next level if they wanted to leave their club & mates & train a lot harder. Some will & some have done. But their was really no need to belittle them in such an arrogant manner.

I think you were way out of line.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Probablyn

You are probably right. But you just put s**t on them & showed no respect for their day & their efforts. Not everyone can be a superstar, like at Lauderdale. I'm sure quite a few SFL players could play the next level if they wanted to leave their club & mates & train a lot harder. Some will & some have done. But their was really no need to belittle them in such an arrogant manner.

I think you were way out of line.

Whats any of it got to do with Lauderdale mate?

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
So you pick that out & ignore the point of the post? Pretty ordinary.

What was the point of your post? I think the match was a poor standard and you think I was being harsh, so what? We all have opinions mate. I didn't make any reference to the day itself or the atmosphere, it was more a dig at the people suggesting these teams could compete at state league level, where in reality, there couldn't be anything further from the truth. Yes of course there are individual players who are capable of making the transition, I never questioned that. I still dont know why you refer to Lauderdale though in every post you right in response to mine? I dont go and mention North Hobart/Sandy Bay when responding to you? Do you not think its possible to form an opinion without bringing it back to the team I have an association with?

Back