Primary School Teacher Trying to #BeMoreBulldog

Remove this Banner Ad

premiers2017

Debutant
Mar 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sorry to intrude with a random thread like this, but I figured if anyone could help it would be the Bulldog Bigfooty community.

Footy Day at my school (and probably every Victorian school) is fast approaching and quite often I will see students at my school who do not have a football team. I also have students who are easily swayed and influenced by their teachers (particularly the Male teachers who are quite sporty).

Last year I gave away most of my old Bulldogs gear to students who didn’t have a team for the parade, and students who were new to Melbourne, or perhaps Australia. They loved having a scarf, or Guernsey or T-Shirt that they could have ownership to, and I really enjoyed seeing more Bulldogs colours than usual.

Interestingly as 2015 has progressed, I have many of the students, who I gave my old merchandise to last year come up to me and explain to me how they now support the Doggies, and I even have one family who are now paid up bulldogs members because of the influence last years footy day had on their children.

Perhaps I am being way too optimistic, but I plan on making mini Bulldogs show bags for students this year. In the show bags I will try and get 2016 membership information (or at least a form so they can be put on a notification list), but also I want to throw in whatever Bulldogs merchandise I can get my hands on. I guess this where I was hoping other doggies supporters could help out? Last year I gave away pretty much all of my old merchandise and purchased many of the cheap Bulldogs Beanie Kid Bears, and unfortunately can’t afford to do this again. However I was thinking if any Bigfooty members have any old scarves (Doesn’t matter even if it’s a 2007 member scarf), or any old Guernseys, stickers or t shirts that they don’t need anymore, it could go a long way in making some Primary School children very happy, and help our young supporter base grow.

I know it is only a small gesture, but you would be surprised how easily influenced young students are by their teachers. And who knows, perhaps if this goes well, this could be something done in the future where we donate bulldogs gear to various schools, and perhaps branch out even further than that later down the track.

Its an idea anyways, and something I plan to do this year, regardless of how much outside input there is, however if there appears to be enough interest in this small idea, I can start to look into ways to organising it properly.

Thanks,

Go Doggies

Andrew (Premiers2017)

I have a stack of scarves and pin sticks I can donate. PM your name and address.

Just as an after thought, contact the club to see what they will do with the surplus scarves from this year.

I just recently threw out my scarves scarves and caps from previous years, but if you want to PM an address were I can send them, I can forward you at least one of each of this years version as I don't usually wear them to a game.

To be honest i think this would be a great initiative for the club itself to get in on and something it should do if its serious about its membership drive. Very similar to the pay it forward campaign.
Kudos to you mate for your efforts and maybe its worth slipping an email to the club if you haven't already done so.

Great stuff :thumbsu:

Reckon I've got about half a dozen members caps (probably more) that I've never worn that I'd be more than happy to see go to good use.

Have probably thrown out half a dozen others - reckon if you bring this back up at around member renewal time next year you'll get dozens of people offering the trinkets and gear that comes in the membership pack that many people automatically throw out.

I'm sure I could find some hats and scarves. PM me an address. Great idea.

Fantastic idea mate, all it takes is something like this to lock someone in as a Bulldog for life, especially considering how exciting we are at the moment. Even a handful of future members out of this or at worst just making a kid's day with a new hat / scarf is a great thing.

Unfortunately I only have really one or two old hats / scarves that aren't really worth sending from W.A. but if someone is savvy enough to set up a kickstarter / donation type thing where people can chuck in $2, $5, $10 etc, whatever they can afford so you can fill some Doggies showbags, I will be happy to donate to it.

Definitely contact the club too because it's a great cause that i'm sure they can spare some stickers and hats etc for. Please keep us updated!

Sorry to intrude with a random thread like this, but I figured if anyone could help it would be the Bulldog Bigfooty community.

Footy Day at my school (and probably every Victorian school) is fast approaching and quite often I will see students at my school who do not have a football team. I also have students who are easily swayed and influenced by their teachers (particularly the Male teachers who are quite sporty).

Last year I gave away most of my old Bulldogs gear to students who didn’t have a team for the parade, and students who were new to Melbourne, or perhaps Australia. They loved having a scarf, or Guernsey or T-Shirt that they could have ownership to, and I really enjoyed seeing more Bulldogs colours than usual.

Interestingly as 2015 has progressed, I have many of the students, who I gave my old merchandise to last year come up to me and explain to me how they now support the Doggies, and I even have one family who are now paid up bulldogs members because of the influence last years footy day had on their children.

Perhaps I am being way too optimistic, but I plan on making mini Bulldogs show bags for students this year. In the show bags I will try and get 2016 membership information (or at least a form so they can be put on a notification list), but also I want to throw in whatever Bulldogs merchandise I can get my hands on. I guess this where I was hoping other doggies supporters could help out? Last year I gave away pretty much all of my old merchandise and purchased many of the cheap Bulldogs Beanie Kid Bears, and unfortunately can’t afford to do this again. However I was thinking if any Bigfooty members have any old scarves (Doesn’t matter even if it’s a 2007 member scarf), or any old Guernseys, stickers or t shirts that they don’t need anymore, it could go a long way in making some Primary School children very happy, and help our young supporter base grow.

I know it is only a small gesture, but you would be surprised how easily influenced young students are by their teachers. And who knows, perhaps if this goes well, this could be something done in the future where we donate bulldogs gear to various schools, and perhaps branch out even further than that later down the track.

Its an idea anyways, and something I plan to do this year, regardless of how much outside input there is, however if there appears to be enough interest in this small idea, I can start to look into ways to organising it properly.

Thanks,

Go Doggies

Andrew (Premiers2017)

Great work brainwash em while they're young and they'll never escape. :D

I love it ... I'm a primary teacher too and if the Dogs win one of the kids has to stand up the front and give a match report ... then we watch the highlights Monday at lunch time. The kids love the Jake Stringer videos :) I also give out the little micro figures as prizes to get them in to footy because where I teach footy is not very big at all. Most of them don't have a team. When we had footy colours day I had about 15 of them in Doggies scarves, it was awesome :)

I love this idea but I need to save my extra stuff for my students :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great stuff.
Another teacher here. I've given things away over the last few years. One student came down from Sydney and only had a rugby team, which was the Bulldogs. I don't have a rugby team because I don't follow it so I convinced them to go for the dogs if I went for the Bulldogs in the NRL.

+ 1 AFL dogs fan
+ 0 NRL dogs fan.

Good work to all you teachers, it does stick. My youngest son a total bulldog fanatic, played Auskick with a lot of kids from Qld, NSW and WA, whose families were based at Puckapunyal. He managed to turn a lot of them to the Bulldogs, especially after the 2006 final against the Pies. They all live interstate now but still follow the Bulldogs.

I am a primary school teacher too, and I annoy the kids by singing the club song at random moments throughout the day. I don't know if this helps or hinders our push into the inner North of Melbourne.

I am a primary school teacher too, and I annoy the kids by singing the club song at random moments throughout the day. I don't know if this helps or hinders our push into the inner North of Melbourne.

Without us hearing your rendition it is hard to comment bresker. What about posting an MP3, or better still, a YouTube clip of you singing in class?

Teacher here too! Our footy day is next week, I am totally running with this idea. Brilliant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back