No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eade calling it as it is....says if a player isnt committed now they are leaving
I think only the most optimistic of us would think danger is staying at this stage.
Also said it better be a good trade if dixon wants to get to port.

Looks like we will smash the Tippett thread out of the water at this rate. You wouldn't have thought that was possible a couple of years ago!
In fairness, this thread should be at least double the Tippett thread. This has 3 players, that only had 1.

Eade calling it as it is....says if a player isnt committed now they are leaving
I think only the most optimistic of us would think danger is staying at this stage.
Also said it better be a good trade if dixon wants to get to port.
He's staying.

Was wondering how the Henderson deal will impact a Danger deal for Geelong (if it happens)

Now there is a lot of hypothetical in this, so please just go with the theory not the reality of what might happen:

The talk being that Carlton want a whole lot more than Geelong would ever offer etc.. etc... but I have noticed a lot of "Well we will just pick him up in the PSD" from Geelong posters.

So if in this crazy hypothetical world - both Dangerfield and Henderson cannot get trades sorted and head to the PSD - how in hell would Geelong get both of them?

Cats won't get them all of the clubs play hard ball. AFLPA will flip their s**t.

Paddy is taking one for all players on principle. He is big with all this AFLPA stuff and is just showing the footy world you can wait till the end of your contract before recommitting. It also gives him a nice out when in 2 years time he hasn't signed before the end of the year - he can just point to this negotiation and say last time I waited and im doing it again. I cant see him leaving when we can match any offer, what would his position be then, get the Cats to trade big? Screw us over? Its unlikely.

Makes much more sense to sign for 2 years and try to get a flag with a team on the up, his team, then reassess end of 2017 #teamstaying

In fairness, this thread should be at least double the Tippett thread. This has 3 players, that only had 1.

That thread included the sanctions we got from the whole debacle. And 500 pages of "Pick 22 and Jesse White or GTFO" from Swans fans.

(It didn't even have any speculation. The legendary thread was opened the day he announced he was leaving)

Paddy is taking one for all players on principle. He is big with all this AFLPA stuff and is just showing the footy world you can wait till the end of your contract before recommitting. It also gives him a nice out when in 2 years time he hasn't signed before the end of the year - he can just point to this negotiation and say last time I waited and im doing it again. I cant see him leaving when we can match any offer, what would his position be then, get the Cats to trade big? Screw us over? Its unlikely.

Makes much more sense to sign for 2 years and try to get a flag with a team on the up, his team, then reassess end of 2017 #teamstaying

my confidence has not waivered

Paddy will be at the Crows next year

Could be an AFLPA experiment! #dangerfieldconspiracynumber236

Honestly don't know how anybody could be optimistic enough to think Dangerfield is staying. Those poor bastards are going to have a hard time getting over this.

If he has to go, I'd prefer it be Hawthorn because it would be hilarious watching that unfold on BF.

Last edited:
Honestly don't know how anybody could be optimistic enough to think Dangerfield is staying. Those poor bastards are going to have a hard time getting over this.
Nah, he'll stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was wondering how the Henderson deal will impact a Danger deal for Geelong (if it happens)

Now there is a lot of hypothetical in this, so please just go with the theory not the reality of what might happen:

The talk being that Carlton want a whole lot more than Geelong would ever offer etc.. etc... but I have noticed a lot of "Well we will just pick him up in the PSD" from Geelong posters.

So if in this crazy hypothetical world - both Dangerfield and Henderson cannot get trades sorted and head to the PSD - how in hell would Geelong get both of them?
:rolleyes: Because, as so many here are saying, the player will always get to the club they want to go to. Because, in the PSD, no club will ever pick a player that does not want play for a club that he has not nominated.

You know what else is almost a sphere? Something that is spherical. Which is what I said. ;)

Depends what you mean. In geometry something spherical is shaped exactly like a sphere. If it's similar to a sphere it would be called a spheroid.

Anyway, what riveting discussion, back to Dangerfield. I still believe he is staying.

I love how little that actually says. Brilliant.

Trigg would have come out with "we are having in depth discussions with several parties but we cant mention who otherwise the other clubs will get grumpy at us for trying to poach their head coach named Ross."
Did you see the Carlton presser for Bolton? Triggy looks like he burst his poo valve

I've been in the 'staying' camp all along however the longer it goes on the tougher it is to stay there. For every Travis Boak or Cloke there's a Franklin, Ablett, Judd etc etc.

The landscape is changing and I do believe players will wait longer and longer to sign contracts, particularly those who are verging on FA and or receiving big offers from their home states. The players are gaining more and more power which I believe is wrong but so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back