Coaching Staff Brendon Bolton - Senior Coach - Locked in until end of 2020 (23/5/18)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true, then I don't want him anywhere near our club... anyone that would consider working for the scum is clearly not of the right moral and social character...
Bloke's a confessed drug dealer.

Last edited:
Exciting appointment. Despite his not being directly involved, these last two matches are hugely important in which direction Bolt decides to take us. The sad thing is, trade and draft period aside, we won't truly see it for ourselves for a few months yet...

Best of luck to you, Brendon. I can't wait to see what you can do :thumbsu:

Exciting appointment. Despite his not being directly involved, these last two matches are hugely important in which direction Bolt decides to take us. The sad thing is, trade and draft period aside, we won't truly see it for ourselves for a few months yet...

Best of luck to you, Brendon. I can't wait to see what you can do :thumbsu:
it's a shame that the one year we finally decide to hit the draft hard it's considered the most shallow in many years, but **** happens (usually to us).

it's a shame that the one year we finally decide to hit the draft hard it's considered the most shallow in many years, but **** happens (usually to us).
When we did have a chance to draft and trade well, we completely stuffed it. Only have ourselves to blame. Anyway, that's for the list management thread.
Cant wait for Bolton to take charge of our group of players. From what we saw at the presser, I believe the players will warm to him quickly and play for him. I dont think Malthouse asked the group what sort of football they wanted to play and it showed. It looks from the outside that Bolton is willing to compromise. The players will love that.

I'm so over Malthouse and his opinions on everything. If he was half as smart as he thinks he is then he wouldn't have to work in the media.

Why do they need Craig as a coaching director? Laidley and Wiley are hugely experienced. Barker has demonstrated strength and a cool head in a crisis.

Bolton might be a rookie but he couldn't have done a better apprenticeship. We are not talking about a Hird or Voss scenario where they had no coaching experience at all.

I'm so over Malthouse and his opinions on everything. If he was half as smart as he thinks he is then he wouldn't have to work in the media.

Why do they need Craig as a coaching director? Laidley and Wiley are hugely experienced. Barker has demonstrated strength and a cool head in a crisis.

Bolton might be a rookie but he couldn't have done a better apprenticeship. We are not talking about a Hird or Voss scenario where they had no coaching experience at all.
Ahem. Do the Keilor Under 9s count for nothing anymore?

Remember that this is the Malthouse that was so concerned about the futures of his uncontracted assistants, whilst he of coarse was also out of contract.

Has he once pumped up the Carlton assistants in the media since his departure? Has he once gone in to bat for them and voiced his faith in their abilities.

He's so full of s**t! No wonder the players stopped listening to him. It's all about Mick.

Now here is an interesting question. Who is gonna be the player that excels under a new coach?? There is always one or two who nobody picks to have a good career but opinions change after a year with a new coach. Personally i recon nick graham can really take his game to a high level. Never had a chance under mick but more of a shot under JB

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now here is an interesting question. Who is gonna be the player that excels under a new coach?? There is always one or two who nobody picks to have a good career but opinions change after a year with a new coach. Personally i recon nick graham can really take his game to a high level. Never had a chance under mick but more of a shot under JB

Nicky G started that this year before being struck down with an injury.

Reckon Holman will thrive under Bolton, he's got a very tidy kick for a young fella, especially under pressure, so can see Bolton wanting to get the ball in his hands as often as possible.

If we retain Yarran I reckon he'll have a blinder.

Byrne and/or Sheehan should get a run finally.

It's gonna be hard to judge though - we've got so many injured players that it's going to be a massive improvement just having them out on the park again.

Bolts will be great. What we need to do now is get a good bunch of assistants around him who will all work together very well. Get a strong leadership group who communicate with the coaches strongly.

And a personal request of mine - invest heavily in our VFL. Bring over some gun non-AFL listed players to keep us strong even if the seniors is depleted. Find the best Victorian kids who missed out on getting drafted and get them on board. Hire a very well regarded coach - someone like Dale Amos who coached Geelongs VFL for years, or even a highly regarded TAC Cup coach.

The entire football department from top to bottom needs to head in the same direction, and Bolton isn't going to make that happen on his own.

Holman

Bolts will be great. What we need to do now is get a good bunch of assistants around him who will all work together very well. Get a strong leadership group who communicate with the coaches strongly.

And a personal request of mine - invest heavily in our VFL. Bring over some gun non-AFL listed players to keep us strong even if the seniors is depleted. Find the best Victorian kids who missed out on getting drafted and get them on board. Hire a very well regarded coach - someone like Dale Amos who coached Geelongs VFL for years, or even a highly regarded TAC Cup coach.

The entire football department from top to bottom needs to head in the same direction, and Bolton isn't going to make that happen on his own.
Couldn't agree more with this. :thumbsu:

Great call re fielding a competitive 2nds. Would be much better for development not getting smashed every week. We are a club that can dangle a rookie spot in front of the best non drafted players. Get a seconds team with some systems in place so it becomes a teaching ground.

Just wanted to pop in and reassure those who might not be completely sold on Bolton, the person, or the decision to anoint such a fresh face.

Having watched him do his thing at Box Hill, heard the numerous wraps for him over the years via players and staff, and then watched as he was placed into the chair while Clarkson was in hospital I find it quite bewildering the lack of respect that Bolton has been given in some instances - I'm talking about from general footy nuffies who think Bolton is just some clutz who's fallen into a senior role and doesn't know what he's in for.

Make no mistake, Bolton would know exactly the size of the job ahead of him, and I would be dead certain that he will have gained quite a bit of knowledge of how Clarkson turned us from a laughing stock into a powerhouse(discipline and commitment), and will still have the lines of communication open even though he has left(as Hardwick and Clarko did, organizing numerous preseason hitouts between the two clubs after he got the Tigers job) should he feel the need to sound out his mentor.

Good luck to Bolts, but I don't think he'll need it. His character and drive didn't rely on luck to get him this far.

Not sure there's lack of respect .... Well not around here

Obvious that he is held in high regard at Hawthorn

IMO he is really impressive and look forward to the upward spiral he takes us all on

Get on board Blue Baggers !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back