Unofficial Preview Changes/Prematch discussion vs Western Bulldogs (Ziebell/Garner IN Thomas/McDonald OUT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if dogs will put roughhead forward to try and stretch us
I doubt it, we'll likely use Roughy in the ruck and Redpath forward. If your forwards start causing havoc (Zordy, Hamling and Morris are by no means the tallest backline) Roughy might need to go back and Redpath will be the number one ruckman. If anything your defense will err on being too tall, not stretched.

...Another week of over priced food from the ex dim sim carts at Docklands...two more rounds before another summer of letter writing. ..

grandpasimpson.png

I made a horrible mistake.....

I ventured over to the opposition board for change and had a read of the preview thread for our game.

Summary - norf old, dogs to go past em next year.....dogs youth the best thing since sliced bread.

I don't know.......I guess when your deprived of the ultimate success for your entire life, you'll embrace anything and think it's a winner.

Are we allowed to quote from other team's boards?

North really do have a vanilla lest. They have 0 players injured from their best 30 odd (Thomas out but may have been dropped anyway and Wells back playing VFL). Their depth guys in Bastinac, Nahas, Jacobs, Macmillan, Gibson, Garner, Hansen etc just don't scare me and their midfield is better with Ziebell back but their key guys like Swallow and Cunnington just are not that good, especially considering they call themselves " contenders".

Norf don't scare me, vanilla, middle of the pack team who don't have any injury concerns and are still below our team full of star young kids on the ladder. Bring it on.

jaguars-fan-gif.gif

"Wood has been in great form at Werribee, we're really pleased with the way he's going and his training form has been terrific as well."
So it's now exactly one year minus one week since Wood debuted. Let's be honest; after that solid debut, and excellent pre-season, we all thought this would be his breakout year and he'd play a lot of games. But it hasn't happened, and not through injury. Not writing him off yet, but I am a little disappointed that his year didn't deliver as expected.

The arrogance of Bullflog supporters I know is remarkable. They've had such a soft draw and all of a sudden their better than us even though we've won the same amount of games. They will get smashed in finals with their game plan. They are this year's Port and will get a harder draw next year and will fail. Bookmark it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BJ to Dahlhaus

Probably prefer we take a more conventional, footy-based approach too start with, but if things turn pear-shaped then I wouldn't be against seeing us try something a little kinky. Him only being up for 10 minutes or so would be a big plus, so the idea definitely has merit.

Sorry guys, Just a question seeing as i havent seen much of north this year, but when i read names such as ziebell, swallow and cunnigton i tend to think of them as inside midfielders and not midfielders that will break the lines, can you please correct me if im wrong?
Who would be your line breaking mids?

Sorry guys, Just a question seeing as i havent seen much of north this year, but when i read names such as ziebell, swallow and cunnigton i tend to think of them as inside midfielders and not midfielders that will break the lines, can you please correct me if im wrong?

We don't break lines.

We throw them in the meat grinder and crush them Chuck Norris style.

You'll see.

Our players who run and break lines the most are probably Gibson and Bastinac and Higgins from the official midfield, plus Harvey, Nahas, Atley and Wright pushing up/down the ground. Although when it's working, everyone plays a part - a Cunnington fend and handball can do a lot to open up play, and pretty much everyone can be a handy part of a chain. Ziebell and Cunnington also play as very handy forward marking options. And Luke, good luck for Saturday.

I ventured over to the opposition board for change and had a read of the preview thread for our game.

Summary - norf old, dogs to go past em next year.....dogs youth the best thing since sliced bread.

I don't know.......I guess when your deprived of the ultimate success for your entire life, you'll embrace anything and think it's a winner.

Yeh but the most perverse is the ANchor w***er board - after losing to us they act like they have secured the wooden spooner rather than sitting games clear on top of the ladder

One of Western supporters even had a crack at St Kilda for lack of success

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The thing that concerns me most about this game is our players having a bit of a let down. They've pretty much just secured a finals spot, beat the top side and won 7 straight. Hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised going by recent history.

If North turn up ready for a brawl then that would be huge IMO. For a group that has shown to be a bit mentally soft in the past, a strong showing here and I'll start to believe.

The thing that concerns me most about this game is our players having a bit of a let down. They've pretty much just secured a finals spot, beat the top side and won 7 straight. Hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised going by recent history.

If North turn up ready for a brawl then that would be huge IMO. For a group that has shown to be a bit mentally soft in the past, a strong showing here and I'll start to believe.
Yeah, we will know a lot about this game in the first 5min. I want Goldy to monster these disrespectful pups!!!! Not playing a ruckman should be taken personally by big Todd! Jack, Spitta, Cunners, Taz & Drew to be tone setters!

Probably prefer we take a more conventional, footy-based approach too start with, but if things turn pear-shaped then I wouldn't be against seeing us try something a little kinky. Him only being up for 10 minutes or so would be a big plus, so the idea definitely has merit.
:) So glad BJ has cemented a spot in the 1s so we can continue to wonder who get's the "treatment" each week.

You'd almost think it was their board or something.

Yeah, we will know a lot about this game in the first 5min. I want Goldy to monster these disrespectful pups!!!! Not playing a ruckman should be taken personally by big Todd! Jack, Spitta, Cunners, Taz & Drew to be tone setters!

Didn't the dogs concede ruck dominance earlier in the year?

Someone help me out here.
I think it may have been against Freo when they were flying?

Hopefully we pay their midfield some respect.

I can see it being tight till half time. Then their running game plan will drop a gear in the third and ball movement will be based on our terms.

Strength and poise will then win it for us.

I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back