No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
can definitely imagine a scenario where Geelong are playing hardball trying to get Danger for free and Collingwood waltz in prepared to trade with us for a shot at him.
Maybe the reason for the Pies slide down the ladder, trying the best to give us a good trade pick for Danger if he goes hope it is to the Pies

Do you think the club watches the footy programs? :confused:

but it's destablising for the club, this is the problem. Surely no-one can claim that the club wouldn't be better placed if Dangerfield had already signed a contract. This is why clubs always try and lock players away early so that this type of distraction can be avoided.

It also makes it difficult for the club if they're chasing potential players to market us an appealing option when all the footy news is centred around losing our best player.

but it's destablising for the club, this is the problem. Surely no-one can claim that the club wouldn't be better placed if Dangerfield had already signed a contract. This is why clubs always try and lock players away early so that this type of distraction can be avoided.

It also makes it difficult for the club if they're chasing potential players to market us an appealing option when all the footy news is centred around losing our best player.
and you know all this how?

Maybe the reason for the Pies slide down the ladder, trying the best to give us a good trade pick for Danger if he goes hope it is to the Pies

If Danger is honest and he says he loves the AFC but home is where he may go, Collingwood isnt an option. Geelong is but that also assists the crows as when you want to get to one location and only one, with the way the AFL has set up a RFA agreement PD can be forced into the PSD which that one location he wants turns into 18. So then PD will then have to decide if he risks Brissie or where ever under the PSD.

For all we know Adelaide and Geelong may be trying to nut out a deal and PD may want that deal to be finalised before any announcements are made. That deal could play against both clubs, if Geelong play hard ball and say, want to use their picks on a Henderson instead of Danger he could see that as a slap in the face and know where they are putting as their # 1 priority, if Adelaide ask for too much he may say stuff you Ill risk the PSD youre not being fair

So I suppose his integrity will be questioned if he goes anywhere but Geelong or stays at the AFC. Cant see him wanting to be questioned in that manner

and you know all this how?

If Dangerfield has not signed yet, how can your best player refusing to commit to the club be anything but a negative ?

I would love for Dangerfield to sign with us, but holding out until the end of the year is not at all beneficial for the club. I think we're all hoping that there's some mysterous reason that justifies why Danger has not signed with us, but I am beginning to think that it's just false hope.

So VB joking with Danger in the rooms after the match a few weeks ago about him 'signing'. Jerker and Lynchy taking the piss out of Connor's visit a month ago. Brodie Smith posting pics on Instagram and teasing the fans. The way the team has played the last month. The camaraderie between the players on and off the field. The way Danger stands there as players run out of the race and he gives every single one of them a high five and a gee-up as they run past.

Yeah....the club is SOOOO affected. o_O

This is one of the things that has given me hope that he will stay. You can tell that he loves playing with Adelaide.

If Dangerfield has not signed yet, how can your best player refusing to commit to the club be anything but a negative ?

I would love for Dangerfield to sign with us, but holding out until the end of the year is not at all beneficial for the club. I think we're all hoping that there's some mysterous reason that justifies why Danger has not signed with us, but I am beginning to think that it's just false hope.
well its nothing at the moment, because he is still here.

I don't know why he hasn't signed, I think I've gone from the gone camp to the staying camp about 100 times.

The only thing I can compare this too is Tippett, who was always going, and Dangerfield is acting IMO the complete opposite of that.

My memories aren't 100% crystal clear, but he is also behaving way different to that of Buddy, GA,Cloke and even Boak

which tells me, we'll find out in about 6 weeks.

But still, other players are clearly not impacted going by performances, and plenty of exciting and talented players are resigning, so getting people from outside the club isn't going to be that hard.

Dangerfield is afterall, 1 player.I'm sure Carlton have learnt that...and WCE too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably wouldn't hurt Danger to just stop responding to them all, though.

Personally if I was looking at re-signing I'd be having fun with the trolls, knowing that they didn't know squat and that their "insults" were well off the mark.

If I was looking at leaving I'd probably ignore them as it would make me feel guilty about leaving.

That's just me though.

You don't reckon the club knows one way or another ?? Very rarely do players blindside the club and leave abruptly, and never in FA times.

The last game against the cats...

Hypothetically, its a live rubber and Danger hasnt signed.

Do we honestly think the ferals at Skilled wont turn it into the greatest sideshow ever seen.

Dont need that distraction.

He has to sign before then, or not at all.

Regardless of all this, I love the straight bat the club have played to all the questions. They've never given anything away one way or the other, just saying the bare minimum required. Must be frustrating for the media when the club gives you absolutely nothing to work with.

If I wanted to insult someone, I wouldn't single out their gorgeous girlfriend as my plan of attack. That's just plain stupid and makes you look envious.

Rory lives on the street behind me and I see them at the local Foodland occasionally; the first time I realised this, I was standing next to Belinda in the fruit and veg section. If you think she's gorgeous on TV... aye carumba. Is there anything Rory can't do?

Rory lives on the street behind me and I see them at the local Foodland occasionally; the first time I realised this, I was standing next to Belinda in the fruit and veg section. If you think she's gorgeous on TV... aye carumba. Is there anything Rory can't do?
Yeah, I get the impression she is even better in person. Very easy on the eye and seems like a lovely person aswell. Rory done good.

LMAO at people saying HE MUST do this, or sign by then. He's already said he's not saying anything until AFTER the season. That means... when the season is over.
You're taking a very literal view on what I presume is directed at me.

Do you disagree that going into a live rubber next week with Danger unsigned would be a circus?

Do you disagree that the circus would be killed off by Danger signing prior?

Maybe I could have worded my post a little better, but maybe you shouldn't be so closed-minded as to people's intentions?

The way I see it, the whole Danger thing hasn't had that much of an impact on the team. If it has, it certainly hasn't shown in the team's performances.

Hawthorn won the flag the same year Franklin left, so while it can impact a team on the field, it doesn't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back