Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 III - Linked to Treloar / Yarran / Stevie J / Kreuzer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varicho

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2008
Essendon
AFL Club
Richmond
I will be hugely disappointed if we get rid of Griffiths. Only a few weeks ago he was better than Vickery.

I'm not saying he's untradeable but his kicking is a weapon, can play in the ruck and for me looks better suited to CHF than Vickery does. Vickery looks better closer to the goals.

The ones to shop are the guys like Astbury (who I thought would be the best of the lot but has not panned out like that) or Elton. Even a guy with few runs on the board will attract interest.

If Griffiths must be traded only as part of a game changing trade like Dangerfield. Too much upside on him IMHO.

Of all our tall - Astbury and Griffiths are the most expendable I think.

Griffiths is the biggest tease I have ever seen. He looks like he should be an absolute star of the comp. But he just doesn't do enough. Yes he can take a nice mark and kick in 70 metres, but what use is that when you only get the ball 6 times a game.

And he misses far too many easy shots in front of goal... I know he's still young and if he stays I'd be ok with that - but for me, I think many Richmond supporters overate him.

If we could get a first round pick - or he could help us get Treloar/Yarran/Kruezer - I'd be all for it.

wart101

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 18, 2006
Under the fridge
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland FC
Of all our tall - Astbury and Griffiths are the most expendable I think.

Griffiths is the biggest tease I have ever seen. He looks like he should be an absolute star of the comp. But he just doesn't do enough. Yes he can take a nice mark and kick in 70 metres, but what use is that when you only get the ball 6 times a game.

And he misses far too many easy shots in front of goal... I know he's still young and if he stays I'd be ok with that - but for me, I think many Richmond supporters overate him.

If we could get a first round pick - or he could help us get Treloar/Yarran/Kruezer - I'd be all for it.

Griffo will probably come good, he is still what 22 years old? very young but if we could get a good player for him i wouldn't say no but i wouldn't be surprised if he teared it up at another club so we would have to make sure it was worth it and not just trade him out for some unknown.

RememberRoyce

Club Legend
Dec 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
The ones to shop are the guys like Astbury (who I thought would be the best of the lot but has not panned out like that) or Elton. Even a guy with few runs on the board will attract interest.
I hope you are referring to Astbury with a few runs on the board, because Elton has scored 0,1,0,2,0.
Astbury obviously has a few runs, but recent form for this years trade in mind will not be of much value, but might get a trade over the line.

Varicho

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2008
Essendon
AFL Club
Richmond
Griffo will probably come good, he is still what 22 years old? very young but if we could get a good player for him i wouldn't say no but i wouldn't be surprised if he teared it up at another club so we would have to make sure it was worth it and not just trade him out for some unknown.

You could be right, but we have better talls than him at the club already - so if we could use him to get a Treloar or Yarran, that's a huge win. especially if Kruezer came too.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
You could be right, but we have better talls than him at the club already - so if we could use him to get a Treloar or Yarran, that's a huge win. especially if Kruezer came too.

Griffiths is a lot more valuable than Yarran IMO.

Trade Griffiths out for Yarran is a clear big loss really

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
What has what you just said got to do with Sam Gilbert?

Grimes IS a gun, injuries or not. He has been on the park more often than not the past 2 seasons. 19 games last year and 15 up until this point this year.

Youre talking about injuries and Gilbert has barely been on the park for 2 years :drunk:

The only gun in our back line is Rance.

Any other suggestions is BS.

Grimes can play well at times and Vlastuin is on the rise but Rance is the only gun at IMO if I am serious!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK we need some tiger supporter in the corporate world to poach Trloars GF. Make her an offer she can't refuse.
The former boss of Jeep tried to buy deals by throwing up cars as incentives, not sure we can go down that path now.

CHIMP MAGNET

Premiership Player
May 23, 2011
man, woman, chimp
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Eliminationfinalmond
I am really keen on getting Sam Gilbert as a value FA in to provide more height, mobility and aerial ability into our back line and transition through the midfield.

dde.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back