Fyfe out for two - Periositis

Remove this Banner Ad

The West Coast Australian took the opportunity to gleefully rub it in on the back page today...
Get over yourself! They had a purple banner throughout the week prior to the 2013 GF. Freo back page every week while they were up and West Coast were down, equal billing now they're both contending.

Don't get me wrong, I don't love The West Australian (well, I don't particularly have a high esteem of any mainstream news source tbh), but the bias toward West Coast is a Freo Figment.

Like all real footy fans, I hope we get to see Fyfe at his best during the finals. Best of luck, guys. Will be a cracking series.

Get over yourself! They had a purple banner throughout the week prior to the 2013 GF. Freo back page every week while they were up and West Coast were down, equal billing now they're both contending.

Don't get me wrong, I don't love The West Australian (well, I don't particularly have a high esteem of any mainstream news source tbh), but the bias toward West Coast is a Freo Figment.

Like all real footy fans, I hope we get to see Fyfe at his best during the finals. Best of luck, guys. Will be a cracking series.

Yeah, nah. Should have seriously just ignored that post mate. Let's just end this one here :thumbsu:

you are completely wrong about the West. I have hardly seen a positive headline about the Dockers for 3 months and they take every opportunity to give a negative about the Dockers a spin. the sunday times is just as bad, still remember the credit given to Nic nat for michael walters form. like clockwork i can bank on a negative article. no figment here. just resigned reality. next you will be telling me Channel 7 give us a good run in comparison to the eagles. fair dinkum. the 2013 was only because of the grand final. nothing else.

you are completely wrong about the West. I have hardly seen a positive headline about the Dockers for 3 months and they take every opportunity to give a negative about the Dockers a spin. the sunday times is just as bad, still remember the credit given to Nic nat for michael walters form. like clockwork i can bank on a negative article. no figment here. just resigned reality. next you will be telling me Channel 7 give us a good run in comparison to the eagles. fair dinkum. the 2013 was only because of the grand final. nothing else.

I don't disagree with a word you say but please let's not derail the thread any further. The Worst isn't fit for use as toilet paper, we don't need to expand further.

Fair enough I guess, I just never really noticed it. I recall seeing loads of Freo news in 2013 and 2014 when they were clearly the best team in the town. I even had a macabre interest in Freo's rise to become a feared team since Lyon arrived. Enjoyed the classy performances but happy to see them wane while we are in contention.;)

Fair enough I guess, I just never really noticed it. I recall seeing loads of Freo news in 2013 and 2014 when they were clearly the best team in the town. I even had a macabre interest in Freo's rise to become a feared team since Lyon arrived. Enjoyed the classy performances but happy to see them wane while we are in contention.;)

Just so you know, trying to convince us of the West's impartiality would be like going onto your board and trying to proclaim how overrated Naitanui is, or how you systematically con the umpires to gain a huge advantage. Just a topic that will never end well ;)

ADelaide could do you a huge favor but I doubt it, but you never know.
Reckon the Crows will get the Eagles, they are playing to secure their finals spot and avoid having to beat Geelong in the final round. They are also very good in the clearances and should negate the Eagles 'front-running' play.

Reckon the Crows will get the Eagles, they are playing to secure their finals spot and avoid having to beat Geelong in the final round. They are also very good in the clearances and should negate the Eagles 'front-running' play.
Suddenly we do have an important game of the round - was starting to think the whole round is close to a dead rubber.

Like racism you cant really tell if it exists or not unless you are on the receiving end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'End of the Players Code'.

Terrible news, really like watching Fyfe play. Two weeks is very optimistic for shin splints, a few weeks rest is needed to treat the symptoms (inflammation) but doesn't treat the cause. I think at best they will try to manage it over the finals but will have to either undergo surgery or address what is causing the inflammation, it will likely flare up again as soon as he starts playing, hopefully it can be managed enough through the finals to allow him to play at his best. It explains why he was labouring of late.

Terrible news, really like watching Fyfe play. Two weeks is very optimistic for shin splints, a few weeks rest is needed to treat the symptoms (inflammation) but doesn't treat the cause. I think at best they will try to manage it over the finals but will have to either undergo surgery or address what is causing the inflammation, it will likely flare up again as soon as he starts playing, hopefully it can be managed enough through the finals to allow him to play at his best. It explains why he was labouring of late.
I guess this would make Mitchell proud to have ruined the final series of a player much better than he ever was (or than just about anyone for that matter).

I guess this would make Mitchell proud to have ruined the final series of a player much better than he ever was (or than just about anyone for that matter).

How he got off with a fine only gets me angry. Especially with rumour that he may pip fyfe for the brownlow.

Thing that irked ne about the Mitchell knee was the Walker tweet - captain of an AFL club.

You either clear Mitchell and take Walker to task, or suspend Mitchell for what an AFL captain (a group notoriously reserved when it comes to providing ammo for other clubs) believes he did ... twice.

They had a bet each way.

I am no doctor but I am not sure the injuries are related, shin splint problem is much further down on the leg. I doubt the corky helped though.

Bwahahaha this is the funniest post of the week.

I'll give you an example from a few years back:

Freo defeats Sydney and West coast Loses to hawthorn

The West Australian Backpage Headline: Buddy you got glassed

Freo story is 3 pages back, but glass keeping buddy goaless in a loss, back page special
And we are still thankfull for the west australian's big scoop in Natanui's text message to Walters, saving him from rock bottom and reviving his career.

You're wrong.

Even when we were playing great, Perthnow would always have our winning stories come out so late, whilst Eagles headlines were instantly made.

Have you spoken to bondy and Ross about this matter in the last 24hrs?

I am no doctor but I am not sure the injuries are related, shin splint problem is much further down on the leg. I doubt the corky helped though.
that would be nice to know that it wasn't because of Mitchell's cowardly snipe. But body mechanics are mysterious. Fro example I've discovered that my achilles problems are directly related to hidden ankle problems and neck problems related to lower back, so the corky could have caused it but you wouldn't think so unless it was a real "corker".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back