Toast Sam "Frodo" Gray

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't want to rain on the parade but when our midfield is at full strength next year will he get a game?

Ah Chee and Wines is a duo I wanna pump a heap of games in together

On current form Gray would be best 22 in a full strength side, same with Arch.

Don't want to rain on the parade but when our midfield is at full strength next year will he get a game?

Ah Chee and Wines is a duo I wanna pump a heap of games in together

Ah chee gray and clurey will serve as the 23rd 24th and 25th player picked next year. Obviously if a kpd were to be injured clurey would jump ahead of the cue.

As much as everyone has made ebo their new whipping boy and want him banished theres a 0% chance he doesnt start first 21

Wtf...

Achee is easily best 18....

Gray proven to be afl worthy...

Its other players now who have performed poorly that fit into 23rd 24th 25th...

Assuming Dixon in/Schulz out:

B: J. Trengove, A. Carlile, T. Jonas
HB: J. Pittard, J. Hombsch, M. Broadbent
C: H. Hartlett, O. Wines, B. Ebert
HF: C. Wingard, J. Westhoff, M. White
F: A. Monfries, C. Dixon, P. Ryder
R: M. Lobbe, T. Boak, R. Gray
Int: J. Polec, J. Impey, B. Ah Chee
Sub: N. Krakouer

Bolded are locks.

Obviously if Gray keeps racking up 30 touches and a goal every week he'll well and truly hold his spot, but realistically that's not going to happen. Let's split the difference between his incredible game against Hawthorn and his shithouse start to the year and assume he continues playing at the level he showed against St Kilda/WB/GWS. At that level, does he replace any of the smalls on that list? Could he take the spot of a Monfries, a White, an Impey or a Krakouer? Will he keep up his current form better than Ah Chee? Is he ahead of the likes of Neade, Colquhoun and O'Shea on the depth chart?

He's giving himself every chance of a best 22 spot, but it's not guaranteed.

O'Shea was pretty clearly best 18 at the end of last year but started this year out of the side.

The pre season can change everything.

Position is everything as well. No-one would say Neade has shown anywhere near as much as S. Gray has but if a small forward position became available then Neade could easily find himself getting the nod ahead of Gray. Sam certainly didn't cover himself with glory when he was originally tried in the forward position this year or last while Neade looks to be coming back to his best there. Personaly, I feel playing him there would be a big step backwards for him, we either play him in the middle of the field or in the SANFL.

Even moreso let's look at our 22 against gold coast tomorrow. In brackets are the players they replace.

B: O'Shea (trengove) Hombsch Pittard
HB: Krakouer Jonas Broadbent
C: Hartlett R Gray Ebert
HF: Amon (Polec) Westhoff WIngard
F White Ryder Monfries
Fol: Lobbe Boak S Gray (Polec)
bench: Butcher (Schulz) Impey Young (Carlile) Ah Chee (Wines)

Now your telling me that you would rather have ah chee and s gray over polec and wines. Get over yourself. They're serving as depth now and that's all they will be when our first 22 is so strong and uninjured. They cannot replace a forward pocket such as neade because we already know gray is a s**t forward pocket and ah chee plays quarters forward. We could only play ah chee with impey out and we don't have a plethora of back pockets as we have with mids.

Even moreso let's look at our 22 against gold coast tomorrow. In brackets are the players they replace.

B: O'Shea (trengove) Hombsch Pittard
HB: Krakouer Jonas Broadbent
C: Hartlett R Gray Ebert
HF: Amon (Polec) Westhoff WIngard
F White Ryder Monfries
Fol: Lobbe Boak S Gray (Polec)
bench: Butcher (Schulz) Impey Young (Carlile) Ah Chee (Wines)

Now your telling me that you would rather have ah chee and s gray over polec and wines. Get over yourself. They're serving as depth now and that's all they will be when our first 22 is so strong and uninjured. They cannot replace a forward pocket such as neade because we already know gray is a s**t forward pocket and ah chee plays quarters forward. We could only play ah chee with impey out and we don't have a plethora of back pockets as we have with mids.
You've got Polec twice - against Amon & S Gray :).

The other name missing from our best 22 at the start of the year is Cornes. One of Ah Chee/Gray/Young will fill that hole in the side next year.

My hope is it's Ah Chee - and the Cornes role will become redundant.

You've got Polec twice - against Amon & S Gray :).

The other name missing from our best 22 at the start of the year is Cornes. One of Ah Chee/Gray/Young will fill that hole in the side next year.

My hope is it's Ah Chee - and the Cornes role will become redundant.

The amon polec is supposed be neade. Yeah hamish has had some loose run with roles this year dont thing we need another tagger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frodo tearing it up already against the Suns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pre Season is gonna be interesting to see where Sam will fit in with the likes of Polec and Wines back in our best 22. No doubt a good headache for the coaches next season.

O'Shea was pretty clearly best 18 at the end of last year but started this year out of the side.

The pre season can change everything.

O'shea has done this three years on the trot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back