List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Carlisle was legitimately a target then I hope we'd be doing our research on his attitude. While his tirades near the bench the other day are understandable if you're somebody with a shred of decency and you had to play footy for Essenscum - still not the best look. Would have to ensure that his attitude is a result of Essendon being a joke and not something he'd carry into our organisation.

His recent outbursts indicate to me that he has some kind of personal determination.

If Carlisle was legitimately a target then I hope we'd be doing our research on his attitude. While his tirades near the bench the other day are understandable if you're somebody with a shred of decency and you had to play footy for Essenscum - still not the best look. Would have to ensure that his attitude is a result of Essendon being a joke and not something he'd carry into our organisation.
My number one reason to recruit him. Obviously is not a loser by attitude like the rest of the sorry club.

Carlile would be an excellent KPP pick up. He has plenty of years in him an we all know that playing for Essendon in their current circumstances would be so difficult. I like others want a midfield refresh but we also need a KPP defender as well and KPP's are the hardest of all to get.

Unleash thyne wrath fellow BFers - for I fear not! I search for equal opportunity stupidity and fantasy as all others who come before me.

Treloar for Breust
Carlisle for B/Boy & Obrien
Bennell for 1st round pick, WhiteX
Leuenberger (sp?) for box of donuts and airfare

SHAZZAMM!

My number one reason to recruit him. Obviously is not a loser by attitude like the rest of the sorry club.

I would probably be making the same tirades myself. However it was in earshot of fans - and despite them being Essenjection fans, so lower life forms, it's still not a great look. I just hope it was borne out of frustration rather than typical behaviour of his. If we bring him on board then I'd assume Wright et al have made a determination on that

Unleash thyne wrath fellow BFers - for I fear not! I search for equal opportunity stupidity and fantasy as all others who come before me.

Treloar for Breust

SHAZZAMM!

Paying overs for Leuenberger - I think a bus fare and block of Cadbury Snack would be a fair deal.

I would probably be making the same tirades myself. However it was in earshot of fans - and despite them being Essenjection fans, so lower life forms, it's still not a great look. I just hope it was borne out of frustration rather than typical behaviour of his. If we bring him on board then I'd assume Wright et al have made a determination on that

There is no history of problems so I do regard it as a one-off.

Treloar for Breust

SHAZZAMM!
Breust >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Treloar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'd be the ideal pick up tho!! Jags to the Hawks... What gold would we need to hand over though?

Exactly. It is all just fantasy stuff. Including O'Meara for 2 x 1st picks and Whitecross.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-26/your-clubs-trade-targets

Jaeger O'Meara for 2015 & 2016 1st Rd picks + Whitecross? Hell yes i'd take that. Not sure GCS would.

This sounds a lot like Gold Coast trying to put clubs off him to me...

'There's always some doubt': Suns worried about O'Meara

Michael Whiting August 28, 2015 11:55 AM

358291-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

JAEGER O'Meara will be right to play round one next season, but Gold Coast coach Rodney Eade admits he has concerns whether the star midfielder will return to his best.

O'Meara ruptured his patella tendon in a NEAFL practice match in March and has not played a game this season.

This came after radical off-season surgery to both knees that had already compromised his pre-season.

Eade said O'Meara was the ultimate professional and would start running again shortly, but said he was worried.

"There's always some doubt," Eade said.

"It was a freakish accident.

"We're confident he'll be right. He's going to give himself every chance because he's very professional.

"There's always that element of doubt I suppose."

The 2013 Rising Star winner will be fine to start pre-season training in November when the Suns return, Eade said.

"He should be OK to start running shortly, the next six to eight weeks," he said.

"If everything goes well, he'll be more than ready by round one."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-28/theres-always-some-doubt-suns-worried-about-omeara

Last edited:
A 22 yo KPD with AA potential is probably a lot harder to come across than another elite mid.

Id love the hawks to keep their good relationship with cameron and GWS going a snare another elite mid from them. Certainly need another Treloar/Danger type, but if be pretty happy with a Whitfield or a Kelly as well.

Itd be nice if GC had the same stockpile of elite kids to make it slightly easier to grab one, unfortunately id say all their elite talent are overexposed/overvalued rather than underexposed like GWS.

Key position defenders don't grow on trees and look at the years we battled without one , Always got smashed by big key forwards , Lake came and was fixed overnight , Opportunity to grab a young key Back , I can't see how we don't try to grab him

No offence but we hear a new rumor every day. Ruciutto and LYon say we are after Wingard. Warner and a couple of others say we are into Dangerfield. A host of others link us to Bennell, Omera, Aish and even Treloar. We have also being linked to Carlisle before even though pretty much everyone expects him to go to the bulldogs. What reason do we have to place your comment above such an illustrious array of rumors?

You can be sure that at the end of trade week Hawthorn will have landed someone nobody even thought of!

Last edited:
Carlisle would be handy....but to deal with Esssendon is like getting blood out of stone, potentially we could get ripped depending on how badly we want him.

This sounds a lot like Gold Coast trying to put clubs off him to me...

'There's always some doubt': Suns worried about O'Meara

Michael Whiting August 28, 2015 11:55 AM

358291-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

JAEGER O'Meara will be right to play round one next season, but Gold Coast coach Rodney Eade admits he has concerns whether the star midfielder will return to his best.

O'Meara ruptured his patella tendon in a NEAFL practice match in March and has not played a game this season.

This came after radical off-season surgery to both knees that had already compromised his pre-season.

Eade said O'Meara was the ultimate professional and would start running again shortly, but said he was worried.

"There's always some doubt," Eade said.

"It was a freakish accident.

"We're confident he'll be right. He's going to give himself every chance because he's very professional.

"There's always that element of doubt I suppose."

The 2013 Rising Star winner will be fine to start pre-season training in November when the Suns return, Eade said.

"He should be OK to start running shortly, the next six to eight weeks," he said.

"If everything goes well, he'll be more than ready by round one."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-28/theres-always-some-doubt-suns-worried-about-omeara
Could backfire. Say the Hawks come knocking and JOM is interested. Suns can't exactly ask for full value then because they themselves have acknowledged doubts on his possibility of returning to fulfill his potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back