Computers & Internet Tinder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My issue has always been the initiation of the conversation.
Although i have never been rejected in a bad way, and i don't think that is the reason i find it hard.
Once i get that out of the way I am much more comfortable

If you struggle to talk to girls you need practice. Rather than trying to drink your way into the courage start with small, risk free banter. Chat to checkout chicks, chances are they are bored and will be up for a quick chat, move onto sales chicks in stores (try not to get talked into buying too much). From there you can move onto girls not obligated to be friendly. It pretty much all starts with general chat so work on that to start.

You just need confidence!
It's always been a confidence issue. I get about 10 matches a day on Tinder from a 90/10 no/yes ratio, though I have no idea how or when to start the conversation.

Possibly this train of thought is caused by the growing trend of no-responders.

It's always been a confidence issue. I get about 10 matches a day on Tinder from a 90/10 no/yes ratio, though I have no idea how or when to start the conversation.

Have you tried saying "hi!" Sometimes keeping it simple works. Do you find it easier to talk in person or online?

Take risks. Say something fun, silly, anything.

If you say nothing, the answer is always no.

If you have a good hard crack, the answer may still be no, but you're opening up your options so so much.

Dude, that's depressing. There are a lot more ways to meet women beyond nightclubs and bars. I was always told "Never engage into a long term relationship with a girl you met at a nightclub". From what I have found, that was a very good piece of advice. Meeting a girl through friends, a sporting club, or something where you share common interests can be a much better approach.
Nah, barely any different. Most young chicks are into the same boring s**t: Chet Faker, Arctic Monkeys, going to uni, wearing Nikes. I personally don't think it matters where you meet them. If you go okay at clubs, sure most of the texts'll fizz out after two or three days, but once in a while you'll chat to someone you're into. Surely no different to meeting 25 Sally and Sues down at the Rooty Hill Football & Sporting Club on 2-for-1 Ladies Night and ending up only liking one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only find it easy talking to males about Footy/Football/Cricket in social situations, haha.
Pick a girl who obviously likes footy (look at her pics and mutual interests) and try that as an icebreaker.

You do not want a girlfriend who you can talk to Footy/Football/Cricket about!
^^^
ignore this advice. Common interests are important.

I only find it easy talking to males about Footy/Football/Cricket in social situations, haha.
Google panda bears. Read everything there is to know about pandas. Drop one of your newly acquired panda facts into conversation/open with it. Everybody digs pandas.

T9: Did you know the giant panda's paw has a thumb and 5 fingers?
Girl: I want you now.

Here's the problem for folk like me and I'm sure I'm not the only one (bit O/T from Tinder tho). People always say "act confident and outgoing" and also say "just be yourself"

But confident and outgoing isn't necessarily being myself :oops: At least when meeting new people. It feels like a massive contradiction. Know what I mean?

I thought that was going somewhere bad

I saw on the news the other day that female pandas only ovulate ONE bloody day a year. One day! And, wouldn't you know, it usually falls on a night that the male panda has a pissup on with his mates. No wonder they're nearly extinct!

Here's the problem for folk like me and I'm sure I'm not the only one (bit O/T from Tinder tho). People always say "act confident and outgoing" and also say "just be yourself"

But confident and outgoing isn't necessarily being myself :oops: At least when meeting new people. It feels like a massive contradiction. Know what I mean?
True. *. All my advice means nothing.

Barely. If you're taking the piss out of a chick with an emoji, you just look "hehe just joking!!"

You're talking to her. You're on an app literally made to find girls or guys. She knows why you're talking to her – short of calling her fat and ugly, she'll understand it's just a light hearted joke.

Girls don't like pussies. Emojis are for pussies. Girls don't like total arseholes but they really do not like guys who are soft. Don't let them know they're controlling you or else you are genuinely stuffed – because even if they end up choosing you, they'll only choose you because they see you as weak and easy to manipulate.

You're giving women way too much credit.

There are a lot of girls who would not understand if something was a light hearted joke or not without a smiley face/emoji or something. Same goes for dudes.

They're usually really basic and you don't want anything to do with them anyway. I think Gibbsy had a good example a few pages back

Are you really good looking or something? My tendency to not approach girls is mostly down to my insecurities.

There is a saying, treat the other person the most important person in the world, as they only care about themselves. You will make friends this way, even if you're butt ugly, but it can also get you laid lol

Or alternatively you make a s**t load of cash, that will always attract women. You might be short, ugly but for money you suddenly become a perfect mate lol

There is a saying, treat the other person the most important person in the world, as they only care about themselves. You will make friends this way, even if you're butt ugly, but it can also get you laid lol

Or alternatively you make a s**t load of cash, that will always attract women. You might be short, ugly but for money you suddenly become a perfect mate lol
I'm 6'2" and occasionally model. It's completely down to the way I converse with women. My mates call me Nick Faldo because I get the yips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back