Game Day Round 22 - Pies vs Cats Matchday Discussion (Marsh the sub, late change Cloke out and White in)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Go you good thing. A team should never put itself in a position where it needs other clubs to do the heavy lifting... but if you were to win tonight, that'd be great

All the best and fingers crossed no injuries (to your guys, at least)

#goodoldcollingwoodforever

Oct 6, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
I'm pumped to be honest. I think it's naive to say nothing is on the line.

We have copped it this week so it is important we stand up and remind people how good we can be.

It's also another game we can watch Moore, Marsh, De Goey, Maynard and Scharenberg. It's such a young team but there's real talent amongst those 5.

I'm glad there is nothing on the line because I'm quite relaxed. But I'm soo excited. I'm counting down the minutes.

May 7, 2011
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Tottenham, Oakland Raiders

We have copped it this week so it is important we stand up and remind people how good we can be.

It's also another game we can watch Moore, Marsh, De Goey, Maynard and Scharenberg. It's such a young team but there's real talent amongst those 5.

I'm glad there is nothing on the line because I'm quite relaxed. But I'm soo excited. I'm counting down the minutes.
Good on ya, Matty! :)

sBJH9W5.jpg

Exactly how I feel really. It's kind of refreshing going to a game and not being too fussed about the result and just going there to see your team play. Obviously the emotional roller-coaster is part of why a lot of us love supporting a footy team, but a break from it is nice.

On my way to the G now! Pumped to see how we bounce back, like I said during the week, just because we can't make finals, doesn't mean we can't shape the finals! All I ask is that the boys don't lay down like we did last week! Go Pies, let's give them all we've got!

May 7, 2011
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Matty? Where is Matty in all of this? Wish I was where you are, not back here in freezing Melbourne (8 degrees where I live in the hills). Wild horses wouldn't drag me to watch a night game at the G tonight when I can watch it in the warmer comfort of my home. I hate the cold.
Coming back over this way any time soon, TGG?

May 7, 2011
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Let's compare the team lineups...

Earlier in the year...
MJJ0YI1.png

Tonight's game.
EHYPo6j.png

TEN changes for us by my count:

IN: Maynard, Marsh, Sinclair,
Sidebottom, Reid, Moore, Fasolo,
Greenwood, De Goey and Scharenberg.

OUT: Toovey, Frost, Goldsack,
Oxley, Dwyer, White, Witts,
Armstrong, Karnezis and Broomhead.

TEN changes for us by my count:

IN: Maynard, Marsh, Sinclair,
Sidebottom, Reid, Moore, Fasolo,
Greenwood, De Goey and Scharenberg.

OUT: Toovey, Frost, Goldsack,
Oxley, Dwyer, White, Witts,
Armstrong, Karnezis and Broomhead.

Yep. Our forward line has become stronger, and our defense weaker. The addition of Sidebums is good though.

I'm not so sure our defense will hold up now, cos it didn't back in round 6 when we had more experienced players in the backline.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός
After you had to put your tail between you legs yesterday (re the Club not being interested in Premiership), and got spanked, you resorted to excusing your limited ability for analysis by saying "well I wasn't around for most of the GF's" so I don't know - NOW you talk about "reality", which you interpret as ladder position.

That is not the reality - the reality is we are building a great squad that has pegged back the gaps against the top teams and our best is very good.

That's the reality not ladder position.

Put my tail between my legs? At what point?

I was born in 1980. Please tell me about the plethora of Grand Finals I was privvy to see?

Also, please, give me the crystal ball and warped reality you live in where apparently our future premiership side is already confirmed and we havent finished lower and lower in each of the last 4 years.

Ant85

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood

Absolutely, we need to respond tonight. Go Pies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back