Dan Menzel

Remove this Banner Ad

Outside of Max Bailey, who managed to finish up with a flag, this is one of the most amazing stories of the last 10 years.
Hopefully someone like Alex Woodward is watching on and takes inspiration from Menzel.
Full credit to the bravery and determination of the young man.

How was that mark and goal!!!!!!

On a very poor day for Geelong, with terrible leadership shown by senior players and players looking like they just dont care, he has just been such a bright light!!!

As frustrated as I am, I cant help but walk away feeling that Menzel's return is more improtant than finals this year. We would get flogged if we made it anyway!

Outside of Max Bailey, who managed to finish up with a flag, this is one of the most amazing stories of the last 10 years.
Hopefully someone like Alex Woodward is watching on and takes inspiration from Menzel.
Hawthorn hawthorn hawthorn hawthorn oh yeh dan Menzel good job hawthorn hawthorn hawthorn hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't see the game, but love this story. An incredible talent that one can only hope can reach his potential. I'm a bit of a prick when it comes to the opposition, but I have a massive soft spot for this guy.

I hope next year our Jack Trengove can in some way show the world he's not finished too.

His mental toughness is just off the charts. The mental strength it takes to play at the top level is underrated, suffering a long term injury takes even more determination and here's this guy ( and this is a fact that most people won't know) punched the changroom wall after his fourth knee out of sheer despair and broke his wrist. From the floor of that changroom he's somehow dragged his body and mind across the line and is doing what he loves again. Don't think there was one pies player or official that didn't shake his hand tonight and that would have happened whoever they played but he just deserves absolute respect.

His mental toughness is just off the charts. The mental strength it takes to play at the top level is underrated, suffering a long term injury takes even more determination and here's this guy ( and this is a fact that most people won't know) punched the changroom wall after his fourth knee out of sheer despair and broke his wrist. From the floor of that changroom he's somehow dragged his body and mind across the line and is doing what he loves again. Don't think there was one pies player or official that didn't shake his hand tonight and that would have happened whoever they played but he just deserves absolute respect.
Credit to the Pies for the class they've shown to Menzel.

Some things are just bigger than football.

I hope Woodward makes it back too.

Hopefully Menzel won't have the bone on bone knee soreness that shortened Bailey's career, as you can see the talent.

You have to be special to just step back in after 4 years like that and look like one of the 3 best players on the field, like you never left.

Credit to him for perevering when many would have retired, hopefully he can have the career he deserves, as he still has time to fulfil his immense promise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back