Freo or West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I am feeling very schizophrenic about results in the next 2 rounds. Every result has an impact on the next one and who I hope wins or loses is going to keep changing as the results come in.

SCENARIO.1 - There is an incredibly slim chance that we can nab 2nd spot if either Freo or WC lose both their remaining matches which would mean that we want Melbourne to beat Freo and Adelaide to beat West Coast.

SCENARIO.2 - There is some chance that West Coast can displace Freo in top spot in which case we want West Coast to win their remaining games and Freo to lose one of their next 2 games (if they lost both we go into 2nd spot and send them to 3rd as in Scenario.1)

SCENARIO.3 - West Coast and Freo win both their remaining games or lose one each and hold their current positions in which case I wouldn't shed any tears if we "slipped up" v Brisbane or Carlton and dropped to 4th spot meaning that we would score Freo in a QF in Perth.

SCENARIO.4 - The most likely scenario is that we all win our remaining games, or Hawks win their games and Freo and West Coast lose to Port Adelaide (rd.23) and Adelaide (rd.22) respectively, in which case we all hold our current ladder positions and we play west Coast in Perth in the QF.

So based on the above.... Go Aderrrr West I mean Fremelboooaaghghagahga! I have no idea!

If Hawthorn play their best footy, in all honesty, no current team can get close to them. However, Hawthorn have only produced that form for a few games and even then for three quarters at most. Clarko would not be worrying about who we play, he will be working on the Hawks to produce their best form consistently for four quarters, three games in a row.

I'd rather play the eagles in the QF when McGovern, Schofield, Selwood and Masten have recently returned from injury/suspension. They'll have some real selection headaches for that game with so many underdone players.
By week 3 all those guys will have a game or two under their belt and won't be risky inclusions.
Let's face it-we're gonna face them at some stage so it'd be nice if they had to back up the next week.
Mcgovern will be playing his 3rd game back in the QF, Schofield is back next week, as is Masten, and I'm not even sure Selwood will make it back in the side assuming the other players stay uninjured, we already have tight competition for spots and Selwood is no walk in best 22 at the moment.

Does anyone know if our first final will be on a Friday or Saturday?

If we finish 3rd as expected then likely will be Saturday afternoon.

I think it tends to be...

QF1: 1 v 4 Friday night
QF2: 2 v 3 Saturday afternoon
EF1: 5 v 8 Saturday night
EF2: 6 v 7 Sunday afternoon

Pretty confident it'll be

QF2: 2 v 3 Friday night
EF2: 6 v 7 Saturday afternoon
QF1: 1 v 4 Saturday night
EF1: 5 v 8 Sunday day

It's the best way of setting up weeks 2 and 3 as fairly as possible

The Swans will want to be Sat night not Sat afternoon so they can jump on the red eye after the game.

If they play Saturday afternoon they'd have to wait a number of hours after the game before they can get a flight to Sydney (due to Sydney airport curfew)

If they made QF1 on the Friday night then it'd been the top side would have 2 consecutive 6 day breaks which they wouldn't want

not too fussed ..but IF WC get over the crows today there is a good chance that a back in form Port (at home) will roll Freo next week which will leave us with Freo. I would expect Port to give it everything and Freo having to travel back ..might be preferred if I had to choose..

If we finish 3rd as expected then likely will be Saturday afternoon.

I think it tends to be...

QF1: 1 v 4 Friday night
QF2: 2 v 3 Saturday afternoon
EF1: 5 v 8 Saturday night
EF2: 6 v 7 Sunday afternoon

Heard an official say whoever finishes first might be given a longer break. I notice the cheaper flights to perth are evaporating.

But, really, it shouldnt be about sydney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we lose, looks like we will have to face either Roos or Tigs the next week, both have had our measure on occasions over the last couple of seasons.
Have to win first week of finals.

If we lose, looks like we will have to face either Roos or Tigs the next week, both have had our measure on occasions over the last couple of seasons.
Have to win first week of finals.

Huh ? If we lost week 1 it looks like we will face either Dogs or Crows as they are currently 6th and 7th.

Throw the game next week and play Freo so we are guaranteed to make the prelim
lets tank it and give johnny B something, otherwise he's been royally screwed by carltank...I want to play freo... i want to see that twerp Lyon have egg all over his face and then some.

lets tank it and give johnny B something, otherwise he's been royally screwed by carltank...I want to play freo... i want to see that twerp Lyon have egg all over his face and then some.

Agree they are terrible destined for another straight sets exit

Looks like West Coast but if we did drop it reckon we will be in Sydney for a prelim. Freo are terrible

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Still mathematically possible for us to finish 6th, though incredibly unlikely.

Best hope of finishing 2nd is St Kilda wanting to end the season by launching into their off/preseason with a win over a top 4 side. That determination mixed with a bit of luck with their side all clicking at once meeting West Coast who hopefully aren't fired up after losing today and go into this game rest a bunch of players.

Saints don't even need to win. A draw will do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back