Autopsy Geelong lose to Collingwood by 48 points

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I've thrown enough troll food out for one night. Time for him to slink off back to his stinking cesspit.
Every dog has their day T'Cat. Don't worry, we'll be just fine in the long run and AFC fans won't be quite as smug in a month or two...

Funny joke John told me the other day actually:

Teacher in South Australia is going around the class and asking kids which team they go for. Pretty much every kid is saying they go for the Crows until little John pipes up and says he goes for the Cats. Teacher stops and asks him why. John says his Dad goes for the Cats and his Mum goes for the Cats and everyone else in his family goes for the Cats so he does too. Teacher asks little John if his Dad was a moron and his Mum was a moron and everyone else in his family was a moron would he be a moron too? Little John says "No, then I'd probably be a Crows' supporter."

Funny joke John told me the other day actually:

Teacher in South Australia is going around the class and asking kids which team they go for. Pretty much every kid is saying they go for the Crows until little John pipes up and says he goes for the Cats. Teacher stops and asks him why. John says his Dad goes for the Cats and his Mum goes for the Cats and everyone else in his family goes for the Cats so he does too. Teacher asks little John if his Dad was a moron and his Mum was a moron and everyone else in his family was a moron would he be a moron too? Little John says "No, then I'd probably be a Crows' supporter."
Hahahaha!!!

As a Piesman, i just want to say well done to Menzel, took a lot of guts to do what he did, as for the game itself, i had a feeling we would hit back hard, after last weeks putrid effort, though the lads exceeded my wildest expectations. !

I wish you just stopped after the Menzel compliment I don't want to remember that game for any other reason ;) :'(

My eyes got a bit watery when menzel kicked his first goal.

As for the rest of the game, wtf. This game and the loss to Melbourne have been such shitty pea hearted efforts.

Surprisingly I'm not all that disappointed in missing finals this year. Really think that we can be challenging again next year with some players back from injury, some work at the trade table and a good pick or 2 in the draft.

This is a coaching crisis now, IMO Scott should resign immediately after the final game. It's time for a fresh approach, i can really see a Carlton like fall here and unless this club gets it's head out of it's own arse they will be wooden spooners in 2016. There is very little talent there. One of the most disgraceful, heartless performances i have seen.

Don't think it's Calton bad but I would like a review of the football department at the end of the year and dare I say it; get leading teams back in? Time for some hard truths.

Agreed. Possibly the worst ever, and being on Channel 7 that's saying something.

BT says hi

Last edited:
So safe to say that sleep does not make this any better..

Menz still a star!!

The rest unimpressive.

And to qualify that - there were several players that tried and we have the nucleus of a good group to build on - but I didnt see a team playing last night - I saw individuals and for such an important game, that is disturbing. And it reflected in the effort we saw. Individuals waiting for others to do the team thing.

Also, Kolo, Lang, Thurlow, Bews, Gregson, Cocky, even Blitz - all young players getting tired at seasons end ( to differing degrees) so I can understand them running out of steam. And as they say, the longer time goes fitter players get tired but bigger players don't get smaller - and we have seem them suffer from size issues thru the year. Which I can accept as they will grow into their bodies and positions.

The good part is that with that physical development will come expanded skills too and that bodes well.

The flip side is the Vets. Some did themselves no favour last night.

Ive given Mots plenty up till 5 weeks ago and last night he got smashed when TV pushed him into that contest and he got crunched. Was never the same after it. Should have been a free against TV to be honest. He played the game out but it effected him.

Im not gonna pot the individual Vets as I have to much respect for them and their achievements to this point. That however does not cover unlimited free passes.

Suffice to say that when those over 30 needed to put in a performance that poured water on the suggestions that were cooked - they as a group could not.

Come seasons end, like recent times, we will say farewell to several legends of the GFC and the game. Some will be offered short term extensions.
I hope that they, as like us, accept those realities with class, dignity and respect.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realize Walker took 3 contested marks last night? The same number as Vardy.
In fact, Walker has averaged 1.4 contested marks per game. That would place him among the top three at Geelong and about 27th in the entire competition.

Keep fighting the good fight Bobby....the guy is useless....what good is it taking a mark then turning it over to the opposition. Another zero impact game tonight (along with quite a few others) means bye bye Josh...his relegation to the bench said plenty. He won't play next week.

I am a first time writer on this forum. I often read the comments after games and I am not a Cats supporter. However, I feel compelled to write this time about GHS. I coached the kid in Adelaide at school footy level at a school which has produced a number of AFL players, in fact two players on your current list. He was by far the best player I have coached at school level. He can read the game like no other even at a very young age and is a "natural" footballer. Yes, he is slow but he can get the ball and I appreciate those of you who thought tonight that at least he would have had a real go in and under. That is the type of person he is. He is a quality young man who would have been devastated tonight for the team's loss. He will give it his all at the next VFL game despite the disappointed at again being overlooked this week. He is a very resilient character and part of the reason why I feel the club has given him the 3 year deal because they see the quality in him as a young leader. I feel he has had a pretty raw deal over the past 4 years in respect to games played. There are some players in the Cats team I would pick him over at the drop of a hat, eg Murdoch, who has absolutely no footy smarts and awareness at all. GHS has footy smarts but some of you don't seem to see that at all.
That is all!!!
Great post. We could do with this insight in the GHS thread.

Ah well, one step forward, two steps back.
Would have liked one final for the youngsters. Not to worry, not good enough this year.
Looking forward to next year-we will have a better team and be competitive.
ps very cold at the G last night, but really went along to welcome Menzel back-so that was the good thing!

So we just need the match committee to notice what the rest of the English-speaking world can see then.

Hopefully they recall Stokes next week and he and Kelly can have a competition on who can kick 10 metres on their left foot.
I hope they bring back Stokes next week.... for the first time since 2006 we can be sentimental and give the guys we are getting rid of a goodbye.... and hopefully these guys do the right thing and announce their retirement during the week.

Maybe GHS won't play tomorrow either- or maybe the big open MCG would expose his lack of fitness. Do we have any inside info on him? If not, why is everyone making judgement calls on whether he should or should not be playing? Maybe he was nowhere near being ready to play when the team was due to be picked yesterday?
Ghs had 18 touches vs the saints and Kelly had 25 touches vs the pies and both had shocking clangers. But apparently GHS should clearly played ahead of Kelly. :drunk:

Wow! We've missed the 8 by a game, in a year where injuries cruelled us to such an extent that we only had enough AFL-listed players to be able to field 2 B-grade rookies in the VFL - and you want to sack the coach? Gees, you must be glad you don't barrack for Melbourne or St Kilda, then. Or did you barrack for them once upon a time?
Do we wait to we become Melbourne or the saints before a change is made? It's not just ladder position that matters. It's the coaching moves and the endeavour of the team that we evaluate coaches by and they have been bad for three years now. Our players talent is the only thing preventing us from being bottom 4 at the moment.

Seriously. If you don't think that the players are at all responsible for insipid on-field effort like that, after throughout the year showing they are capable of much, much more, then you're on another planet.
Of course they bear some responsibility. As you say, they can indeed play...so why, when finals are on the line, do they play zone football. Guarding space like they are terrified of Collingwood (who are average). It's the coach! Wake up. When will you start examining the management and game-day coaching of our team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back