Toast Menzel - The Return

Remove this Banner Ad

Several years ago we attended a function that had Stevie J and Dan Menzel signing autographs. Stevie was cutting up the dance floor, so to speak, with his long queue of fans and I chatted to Menz. He was sitting there with his wrapped bung knee and not a soul in front of him. Somehow, I think that is about to change, thanks to nothing but good old fashioned guts and a great Club. Inspirational and then some.

Its great to see what pure enthusiasm for the game looks like. Dan Menzel is it.
Not about $$, or flags, or anything else than playing the game and being a part of it.

How any GFC person could not feel affected by his purity for the game, or things bigger than the game, is beyond me.

A credit to you Dan Menzel.

Go Catters

Unbelievable comeback. So good that someone of his talent wasn't lost to the game, credit to your club for sticking by him. All the best to him.

Need to sign him up pronto. Other clubs will be sniffing after last nights game.
He will never go anywhere else, and he will sign another deal no worries at all

Waking up this morning I still can't get over how good he looked last night.

He looked like a 100 game player who had missed a week with a rolled ankle, not a 20 something gamer who had missed 4 years with multiple knees

Simply remarkable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome first-up display. Lot's to look forward to. Go Menz!
btGP9Hp.jpg

What a mark. It's just fantastic that he has the confidence to do these things, too bad it didn't rub off on his team-mates.
I'm proud of the club for getting him back, but that worked for only one of the perennially injured.

So it is pretty deflating that we have Menzel back playing in a team that obviously doesn't want to be out there.

Need to sign him up pronto. Other clubs will be sniffing after last nights game.

There is absolutely no way he'd sign elsewhere. He'd be giving up on his morals for doing so. The club has stuck by him for a long time,
and he does need to pay them back.

There is no way he would ever contemplate leaving the Cats after all we have done for him. We could probably offer 50 cents a game and he would take it out of gratitude. Most clubs would have shown him the door a while ago

Never seen anything like it. The guy is just unbelievably talented.

I don't like using the term tragedy when it comes to football but what happened to Dan's knees was a footballing tragedy. Imagine if he hadn't made it back last night - we (not just us Geelong supporters but any football lover) would've been denied seeing this talented kid's abilities.

The stuff he does with the ball seriously is football pr0n.

A highlight on an otherwise terrible night.

I don't like using the term tragedy when it comes to football but what happened to Dan's knees was a footballing tragedy. Imagine if he hadn't made it back last night - we (not just us Geelong supporters but any football lover) would've been denied seeing this talented kid's abilities.

The stuff he does with the ball seriously is football pr0n.

A highlight on an otherwise terrible night.

What's worse is thinking of the team success we could have had with another small forward that is incredibly strong overhead. The team could have
used him in any of our past few finals, he could have changed that scenery.

I get what you are suggesting but there is absolutely zero % chance that Menz would look at other clubs offers after being on the GFC list for the last 4 years.

I know its a business but the club has bent over backwards to get him right, and he has busted his arse, and there is a connection there that wont be broken by money and other clubs interest. Not this bloke.

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back