Prediction It's the Final(s) Countdown! (A realistic approach)

Remove this Banner Ad

So proud of the club. Coming into this season, we were meant to be bottom 4. Not long after the season ended on a last second GWS goal, we were without a captain, a coach, let Higgins and Cooney go. Our list became exceedingly young; we coupled that with a first year head coach. So the understanding was that we'd be bad; and rightfully so. It's reasonable to expect another high draft pick when what happened to occurs to a club. It was tumultuous to say the least. Oh yeah, then our best player does an ACL in the preseason.

With all that in mind, even with an easier draw, we have no right to be a lock to play finals. Absolutely no right. But, here we are. We're seeing September action. All the while with a focus on playing the kids, too. We've ensured to debut all of our 2014 draftees bar one (so far). We've started getting games into our other young guys, too, like Roberts, Biggs and Hamling. To name only a few.

So thank you Dally and J-Mac for finding superb talent. Most of all though, a round of applause for Luke Beveridge. He turned this club around from where it was at a speed that nobody would have predicted. His selections have been consistent; everyone gets a go. We're still developing, seeing who has what it takes; and oh yeah, we win matches at the same time. We win because we're playing inspired football. This man, bias an opinion it may be, is the coach of the season. This team just has no damn right to be locked into the 8...but Bevo was never going to let that impact us. What. A. Hire.

Regardless from what happens from this point on, this team will get great experience. To play a game on a bigger stage, in front of a bigger crowd, in a game with very real consequences. We'll manage to get this experience. Every team needs a stepping stone; how fortunate are we that this team gets that stepping stone while it's still so young, and you know what? We still have much room to improve. That should scare the competition. If we lose the first final, whatever. It's onward and upwards from here.

So proud of the club. Coming into this season, we were meant to be bottom 4. Not long after the season ended on a last second GWS goal, we were without a captain, a coach, let Higgins and Cooney go. Our list became exceedingly young; we coupled that with a first year head coach. So the understanding was that we'd be bad; and rightfully so. It's reasonable to expect another high draft pick when what happened to occurs to a club. It was tumultuous to say the least. Oh yeah, then our best player does an ACL in the preseason.

With all that in mind, even with an easier draw, we have no right to be a lock to play finals. Absolutely no right. But, here we are. We're seeing September action. All the while with a focus on playing the kids, too. We've ensured to debut all of our 2014 draftees bar one (so far). We've started getting games into our other young guys, too, like Roberts, Biggs and Hamling. To name only a few.

So thank you Dally and J-Mac for finding superb talent. Most of all though, a round of applause for Luke Beveridge. He turned this club around from where it was at a speed that nobody would have predicted. His selections have been consistent; everyone gets a go. We're still developing, seeing who has what it takes; and oh yeah, we win matches at the same time. We win because we're playing inspired football. This man, bias an opinion it may be, is the coach of the season. This team just has no damn right to be locked into the 8...but Bevo was never going to let that impact us. What. A. Hire.

Regardless from what happens from this point on, this team will get great experience. To play a game on a bigger stage, in front of a bigger crowd, in a game with very real consequences. We'll manage to get this experience. Every team needs a stepping stone; how fortunate are we that this team gets that stepping stone while it's still so young, and you know what? We still have much room to improve. That should scare the competition. If we lose the first final, whatever. It's onward and upwards from here.
hard to top that post, perfectly said. Beer on me next time i'm in town, Go u mighty doggies!

Dear Ryan Griffen, GWS, assorted media and opposition fans,

Mr.Bean-Middle-Finger.gif

Sincerely,
Bulldogs supporters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, I think we have the fourth spot all sewn up. I'll just call up Jason Holmes, being as I'm a fellow American I'm sure he'd be willing to do me the favor of leading the Saints to an upset victory over the Swans. Then, after their embarrassing 10 goal defeat this week I'm confident that the Roos will come back with a vengeance next week and beat the Tigers quite handily. No worries.

I Remember maybe a week or two ago someone posted which players had finals experiance? I think there was 9? Does anyone remember who they were?
Boyd, Morris, Murphy, Wood, Minson, Picken, Grant, Biggs and Roughead?
Cheers in advance :)

Dear Ryan Griffen, GWS, assorted media and opposition fans,

Mr.Bean-Middle-Finger.gif

Sincerely,
Bulldogs supporters
This is quite possibly the funniest thing I have seen on Big Footy. I just can't stop laughing at it every time I watch it. I agree with the person who said to put it on the main board, or better yet in the GWS board, but particularly to the media who wrote us off so badly at the start of the year.... And that means you Barrett and Kingy!

I would love to see an update in relation to what our % chances are of playing each team. Is there an update of 100,000 simulations, Butante?

That's a good question. I 've read a few different things but nobody has blogged anything solid yet. I'll keep an eye out though and post something when it comes out.

I think it finally just sunk in for me. I've been too used to recent form to really have the deserved reaction. But I was thinking back to preseason, and the way I felt back then came flooding back, and then it hit me.

WE JUST MADE THE FINALS

And not only that, we deserve to. We didn't just scrape on in because some other teams fell over, we truly deserve to be called one of the 8 best teams of the season. And so do the other 7, for that matter, and so now the best get to fight it out. Can't ******* wait.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back