Preview Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know everyone likes to bag Caro, but jee, she's making a lot of the male Journos look like morons at the moment...

at the moment? she's old school in that she actually has sources everywhere and bothers to call people and check facts before making things up. she's not perfect but IMO she's one of the best in the business.

Is Pyke still contracted beyond this year at West Coast?

If he is we can't poach him for a head of strategy type role can we? I was under the impression you can only poach assistants if you offer them a job at the next level, i.e. senior coach??

If you don't want Campo as senior coach; thats ok buit please don't bag him as he has done a wonderful job in very trying circumstances. He doesn't derseve the negative posts.
hope that "anyone but campo" isn't being perceived as a negative post... who wouldn't take the entire field against a single runner?

I'd be quite happy for Campo to be coach, just provided the club sticks to their processes and he's the outstanding candidate.

If he is we can't poach him for a head of strategy type role can we? I was under the impression you can only poach assistants if you offer them a job at the next level, i.e. senior coach??
that might be more of an etiquette thing, or maybe more so an obligation of the club of the coach being poached to release him for a higher position. Not sure if there are any AFL rules attached to it.

Bomber to Essendon is obvious isn't it? The players loved him and they were doing pretty good under him. He seemed in a good head space too until Little knifed him to get Hird back in the chair. Pretty poisonous environment to work in though.

Bomber to Essendon is obvious isn't it? The players loved him and they were doing pretty good under him. He seemed in a good head space too until Little knifed him to get Hird back in the chair. Pretty poisonous environment to work in though.

Especially if Little goes

If we get Thompson I will spew and lose much positivity gained from this year. Combine that with Danger leaving and it would be the worst possible finish to this year.

Thompson is just so annoying, arrogant, and weird beyond any good level…totally full of himself.

DO NOT WANT AT AFC

I would love the Worsfold and Pyke team. I cant see Pyke leaving West Coast to do the same role here. We would have to get Pyke as head coach and Worsfold as DOC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need a premiership coach.... Someone that can deliver long term success

Thompson/Malthouse have it but I think we need a unknown

Campo IMO will keep his spot and we will get a Thompson/ Malthouse to support

I would love the Worsfold and Pyke team. I cant see Pyke leaving West Coast to do the same role here. We would have to get Pyke as head coach and Worsfold as DOC.

This is my perfect scenario.

Camporeale remains as senior assistant and gets a bit more spare time to spend with his young family.

We need a premiership coach.... Someone that can deliver long term success

Thompson/Malthouse have it but I think we need a unknown

Campo IMO will keep his spot and we will get a Thompson/ Malthouse to support
Really? We need an unknown premiership coach in Thompson/ Malthouse? I'll have what you're having.:thumbsu:

Last edited:
Really don't want Thompson, reckon his coaching skills have been massively overhyped by the players he had at his disposal - Ablett, Bartel, Scarlett, Enright, Corey, Johnson etc etc. any coach with those players would probably win a premiership - exhibit A Scott in 2011 lol

Really don't want Thompson, reckon his coaching skills have been massively overhyped by the players he had at his disposal - Ablett, Bartel, Scarlett, Enright, Corey, Johnson etc etc. any coach with those players would probably win a premiership - exhibit A Scott in 2011 lol

Could say the same about Brisbane, Hawthorn, Westcoast, Sydney. Why bother with coaches at all?

The one Abernathy played before the Port game on seven. I have to give this port director credit, the editing was astute, insightful and to the point. He enjoyed delivering it to us.
So it was edited snippets of the one he did earlier in the week for seven. Ok.

Well done to the whole footy department for getting the club to where it is. Regardless of where the club ultimately finishes this year, the next step in appointing the coach is critical. The Crows have galvanised as a playing group, and not too many want to leave. The concern I have is that I don't see too many in the queue to want to come either. I believe to be successful there needs to be somewhat of a demand of players wanting to join. (Whether they can or not). Walsh would have established that environment....the next coach has to too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back