Review Autopsy vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you imagine having Higgins off a half back flank for us this year! I know how boys have been amazing and was Biggs today but imagine him in that dogs side with bevo giving him a new lease of life

His game is defensively poor, always has been. I'd rather not have him playing across the HBF. Would he get a game under Bev on the forward line today - probably yes.

But he's gone no need to dwell on what could have been

His game is defensively poor, always has been. I'd rather not have him playing across the HBF. Would he get a game under Bev on the forward line today - probably yes.

But he's gone no need to dwell on what could have been

Happy with Webb

Higgins abusing his teammates at end of 2nd - don't miss that.

Getting Joe the gooses and over celebrating - don't miss that.

Higgo not chasing contributing to Half back flankers running deep fwd and getting cheap goals like Biggs and JJ - don't miss that

All except when Higgins plays us - where he is welcome to bring his low intensity, over celebrating, finger pointing 'recruit of the year game'.

There's only 1 player from North that I detest and that isn't even Harvey.

Scott Thompson, flog of the highest order.

You forgot Waite, Harvey, Petrie, Thomas, Nahas, and on and on it goes.... A list full of flogs.....

You forgot Waite, Harvey, Petrie, Thomas, Nahas, and on and on it goes.... A list full of flogs.....
How funny was it that Nahas kept playing for frees but the umps kept saying stop being a douche :p

North tried to pull a Melbourne on us. Really clogged it early and made for alot of mistakes on both sides and ugly footy. Good to see the lads deal with it as the game went on, and once in started opening up after half time it was never really in doubt. A few soft goals kept them in it in the last, via errors and turnovers, but they will be things they will learn from. As for those bagging the back half.... They did well undersized and flooded for most of the game. When that congested errors are going to happen. Remember how many games most have played, and who they were playing against. All the mids carved it up today. Won the battle of the congested game, and took it on when they could. Also good to see a few changes in the tempo appearing as well. Im not one to give it out to bonts and stringer as everyone else does. But today they were truly in a league of their own. And the Drink, once again.... knows better than any of us on here. Great win leading into the finals.

Really impressed with the way we responded after 35-40 minutes of absolute garbage to start the game off, we were lucky Norf were inaccurate (they were 3.7 IIRC before we kicked our 2nd goal), we easily could've been 4-5 goals down by the time we kicked into gear but were only 15 points down or so.

Really impressed with Hunter again, he was creative and put his head over the ball and gave us drive, the Bont was massive and if he wasn't winning his own ball he impacted contests by bringing it to ground or little one percenters to our advantage. Was great to see JJ and Biggs hurt Norfs small forwards/wingers on the counter and get on the scoreboard and Stringer was immense after quarter time also, he set up 3 or 4 and could've kicked 3-4 himself if he kicked straight.

Great game of footy and plenty of highlights, we must start finals games better however as another team could put us to the sword if they kicked straight and I'd like to see another tall in the team, Petrie and Tarrant could've been the difference on another day.

Anyways, go Dogs :) bring on the finals!!!!

North tried to pull a Melbourne on us. Really clogged it early and made for alot of mistakes on both sides and ugly footy. Good to see the lads deal with it as the game went on, and once in started opening up after half time it was never really in doubt. A few soft goals kept them in it in the last, via errors and turnovers, but they will be things they will learn from. As for those bagging the back half.... They did well undersized and flooded for most of the game. When that congested errors are going to happen. Remember how many games most have played, and who they were playing against. All the mids carved it up today. Won the battle of the congested game, and took it on when they could. Also good to see a few changes in the tempo appearing as well. Im not one to give it out to bonts and stringer as everyone else does. But today they were truly in a league of their own. And the Drink, once again.... knows better than any of us on here. Great win leading into the finals.
The thing that stands out to me this year is that a lot of teams have to change their game plan to beat us! Hawks, WC over there, and Freo maybe not but a lot of sides have thought we can't beat them on our terms, we have to try and clog it up to beat them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow that press conference made me laugh. Such a sook.

Was lucky enough to get along to the work box today and even after having a few beers it was clear as day that Bont was BOG.

Only real negative I had was Hamling's game. Not sure he is an automatic selection each week, seems to misjudge his jumps at times. Biggs had his once a game turn over in front of goals, but I know we have to wear them.

Had a few North supporters in the box and they were all saying "we will get you in the final". I'd be VERY happy to play them week one - don't think we played anywhere near top gear and still had them covered. A healthy Fletcher Roberts and an in form Tom Boyd would make me even more confident

Special mention to Roughy, he was great today nullifying Goldsteins influence around the ground, he didn't win the hitouts and we lost a lot of clearances in the last quarter, but I will take everything else he did today. Good job on others going third man up also.

Only real negative I had was Hamling's game. Not sure he is an automatic selection each week, seems to misjudge his jumps at times. Biggs had his once a game turn over in front of goals, but I know we have to wear them.
Thought we were undersized down back, was surprised Ben Brown did **** all to be honest. Petrie and Waite looked dangerous at times though.

I thought our captain made some crucial errors himself, but you'll never see anyone point the finger at him.

Did I say I was glad we beat North today?

As Cammo78 would say....

original

RIP Cammo78, may you lolnorf happily at the pearly white gates

Thought we were undersized down back, was surprised Ben Brown did **** all to be honest. Petrie and Waite looked dangerous at times though.

I thought our captain made some crucial errors himself, but you'll never see anyone point the finger at him.
Murph plays a high risk high return game. Most of us accept it won't come off all the time and see that he does more good than bad.

In fact Murph is the reason why DE stats are almost meaningless unless accompanied by a degree of difficulty. I'd rather 10 high degree of difficulty, game breaking Bont, Stringer or Murph stats than 35 Cotchin or Heppell backwards or sideways stats.

Norf's best player? Tarrant

His opponent? Redpath

Last week Redpath had the excuse that our mids were slaughtered (despite being far bigger than WC's backline). That excuse was tenuous enough last week. This week Redpath was slaughtered and our mids dominated.

IMO Redpath was our worst player and Boyd should come in next week. Surely that is the plan. Boyd halving contests from the high ball will be key in finals. Redpath doesn't have this ability. Sad to say that at times today Redpath looked Jones like when misjudging the balls flight.

In fact Murph is the reason why DE stats are almost meaningless unless accompanied by a degree of difficulty. I'd rather 10 high degree of difficulty, game breaking Bont, Stringer or Murph stats than 35 Cotchin or Heppell backwards or sideways stats.
Lol Rockliff fits the category also

Murph kicking in straight to Petrie wasn't a high degree of difficulty though, he should've just went long, thankfully Petrie missed.

Yeah we def were undersized. My missus who doesn't watch a lot of footy (but is now well and truly on the doggies!) kept asking me why their players were bigger than ours.

Yeah Murph did make a few blues, but given the chances he takes its high reward high risk stuff. Biggs just seems to kick it straight to a opposition player without a heap of pressure on him at least once a game per week. I rate him, but just wish he would tidy that up. Maybe I'm being too harsh and am spoiled about how good our skills usually are, that when someone stuffs up it stands out
I think Biggsy's good stuff out does the bad though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back