Universal Love Kane Cornes' book

Remove this Banner Ad

What a f***king campaigner. Kane revealed this on open mike
Kane Cornes reveals shock at sledge by Will Minson
http://www.news.com.au/sport/breaki...e-by-will-minson/story-fnect155-1227504170560
Cornes’s son, Eddy, was born with Partial Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Drainage, a rare heart defect causing one of his lungs gets more blood than it is supposed to. His heart is also on the right side of his chest.

In 2008 Eddy was just one year of age and in hospital fighting for his life. Cornes and his wife, Lucy, were spending most nights in hospital, but Cornes continued to play.

In Round 14, Port played the Western Bulldogs in Darwin when Minson turned on Cornes and said: “Shouldn’t you be home with your dying son?”

Last edited:

Pretty safe to say he wouldn't show his face in Adelaide again. Supposed to be quite intelligent, wouldn't think so.
* Hugh, Minson.

Pretty safe to say he wouldn't show his face in Adelaide again. Supposed to be quite intelligent, wouldn't think so.
**** Hugh, Minson.

I hope you realise its will minson and not hugh.

What a f***king campaigner. Kane revealed this on open mike
Nothing new. It came out at the time. That's why most of us have hated Minson since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't seen a lot of SaintChris yet (at least under that name) but it seems twice recently there has been a good post whereupon he is immediately suspended. Must consider following.

Have started it and have liked it so far. Rattles through the early part of his career extremely quickly though, have only been a few chapters in and it's already past 2004. Felt he could have gone into a bit more detail into his junior career, but as mentioned, it's been good so far.

Haven't read it but I'm told Kane flat out accuses Haysman of interfering with selections in 2011? This has got to be classic Cornes paranoia, surely. Graham used to bang on about it on radio at the time too.

Surprised if it was Haysman that cops it. I heard that it was Duncanson that was exerting undue influence on the team selections, even going back to Choco's last years. Perhaps Haysman was the messenger.

Edit: I do know that even though there was tension between both Cornes and Primus, in the end they both understood that Matt was not really in charge of the decisions. Joe Public thinks there's a rift but, from what I've been told, that was mended pretty quickly soon after.

The main thing I got from the book was what an absolutely dire situation we were in 3 years ago. It is outstanding how KT has turned this club around by putting the right people in the right jobs and putting money into the footy department.
EVERY Port supporter and official must read it to drill it into their mind forever so we never ever ever go back to that dark place. Also a lot of insight was given into the type of person JMac was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back