Review The Good v West Coast, R22 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

The Good:

We kept the highest scoring team of the comp to 69 points. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
*2nd highest

It was our lowest score of the year though and also the highest score we've conceded all year

Hoping today was just a one off for us

What is remarkable is how potent Adelaide's forward line has become. In Eddie, Tex and JJ we have the 3rd, 4th & 14th highest goal scorers in the competition this year. Hawthorn are the only other team with 3 players in the top-20 - Gunston (9th), Breust (10th) and Roughead (19th).

That's even more impressive, when you remember that our players have played one less game than everyone else, and JJ has only played 18 of 21 games for his 41 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me the best thing that came out of today result is that we made the finals under our own steam. We haven't had to rely on that Collingwood win. In a way we go from pretenders to contenders on the back of our win.

How many times have I heard "the Crows cant win against the top sides". Well today all of those who have said we are just making up the numbers can go and eat S***.

Our win today could have been even better had we not missed 6 relatively easy shots on goal

Good
For the first time in what feels like a long while, it's probably not that much of an exaggeration to say that we're capable of a premiership if we perform like we did today.

Need a bit of luck to go along the way which helps, but yes, it is exciting what may happen ahead.

Walsh is smiling down on us.

Bad - another team that was in form failed to turn up again meaning we again learn nothing from a win.

Good - we can still get better, we have Wright and Dmac to come in after being freshened in the lower intensity SANFL.

I don't care if opposition sides don't turn up. I want to pummel them all.

His best always meant we had to persist with him. His best has come under Camporeale which is interesting, stay a lot deeper.

Yeah not sure it's just campo. Confidence is a big factor in how JJ plays.

Something about the way this season is panning out reminds me of 1997 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful.

Jenkins has turned into a monster.

The beauty is that even if you hold both Tex and JJ you have Betts and CC causing chaos at ground level. Unbelievable they are together as an act.

Do people realise we had 3 first year players in the side today ......that's a very high %

Congrats ......clubs in a healthy state

All three; Lever, Knight, and Atkins look like real players ......Atkins still has a bit of extra fitness to achieve ..but first year and that happens over 3 pre-seasons

Good
doing the basics well, nailing spoils, not too many up, front and centre, not getting sucked to the contest, sharp delivery, whip it around - all this was especially good early - which is most when you need it to be.
having some speed. man it was good early in the game, everytime anyone nearly got away from a contest you just knew that there was a cameron or a knight or a douglas that would zoom in to the picture any second and tie them up and sure enough it would happen.
brodie smith starting to fly again
where's the hartigan haters today? good mark that boy.
sauce, great comeback, though you could tell he was way off his game in the match earlier this year.
sending shivers down other teams spine. its great to be in other teams mind before the ball is even bounced.
not getting sucked into the contest, knowing when your in the position to hold your spot and let the contest move away from you and then be the outlet.
vb showing some more pace than I reckon I've seen for a while today.
lairdy - what a little champ.
talia had a good game.
multipronged forward line. starting to worry other teams. try keeping all them down.
I still reckon late in the games against bris and essendon we used our second choice mids and rested the main ones and I reckon we did it a bit again today - what a luxury, helping to keep them fresh.
getting good levels of uncontested ball now, possibly even competition leading.
jenkins beginning to s**t all over tippett.
no injuries.

Other
atkins went right out of the game.
some of our forward deliveries were terrible, there was probably seven extra goals we should have got, not missed shots, they never got to shots, but there were clear movements that an afl team should be able to finish off.
some of lever's disposals. I admire he has a real go, but sometimes bites off more than he can chew.
matt crouch some lazy technique and got the out of fulls it deserved. need to be more switched on son. good around the ground and in the contests though.
call me paranoid, but given the mentality against us, don't be surprised to see tex get a week for that contest that injured mcgoverns shoulder, bumped on the head a bit.
umpiring wasnt very good. I think we finished down on frees again. Missed 50's had me spewing. A fair few front on spoils in marking contests that normally get paid that they got away with. When else would the second top team get help from the umpires but against us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back