Review The Good v West Coast, R22 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Good
For the first time in what feels like a long while, it's probably not that much of an exaggeration to say that we're capable of a premiership if we perform like we did today.
First time for a few seasons interstate players will want to come to Adelaide rather than Port Adelaide :thumbsu:

The beauty is that even if you hold both Tex and JJ you have Betts and CC causing chaos at ground level. Unbelievable they are together as an act.

Isnt CC turning into an excitement machine. He can gather the ball, Has a good idea of where the goals are but he also tackles and jumps in for a mark. He isn't afraid at all. This guy will only get better and better.

Do people realise we had 3 first year players in the side today ......that's a very high %

Congrats ......clubs in a healthy state

All three; Lever, Knight, and Atkins look like real players ......Atkins still has a bit of extra fitness to achieve ..but first year and that happens over 3 pre-seasons

To be fair, Atkins is a 3rd year player and Knight is a second year. They debuted this year, but aren't first years.

Good:
Special mentions:
Jacobs. His best game of the the year.
Danger. Did everything. Probably will get the three votes
Smithers. Might get the 3 votes if Danger doesn't. He's back.
JJ. Playing the way Walshy wanted him to
Talia. Gave Kennedy the usual Talia bath
Laird. Put him in the fricken AA
Eddie. Put him in the fricken AA
Team Football
Yes we Campo

To be fair, Atkins is a 3rd year player and Knight is a second year. They debuted this year, but aren't first years.
They're first year AFL players .....that's how players are judged, not how many years on the list

Isnt CC turning into an excitement machine. He can gather the ball, Has a good idea of where the goals are but he also tackles and jumps in for a mark. He isn't afraid at all. This guy will only get better and better.
Has the 2nd year blues .....just wait till year 3 ......going to be some player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad - another team that was in form failed to turn up again meaning we again learn nothing from a win.

Good - we can still get better, we have Wright and Dmac to come in after being freshened in the lower intensity SANFL.

I gotta admit, you almost had me. Well done. :)

Bad - The commentators pre-game didn't know what the hell they were talking about.

Dixon: Jenkins didn't really have a good game last week.

I figured he hadn't watched the game and saw how open Jenkins got last week and we just couldn't get the ball to him. Turns out Dixon said later he'd covered the last 4 Crows games. So I'm not sure what game he watched.

Healy: Crows looking to revenge their loss from earlier in the year.

I think avenge is the word you're looking for there Gerard.

There were a number of others, but I can't remember them at the moment.

I might make more comments about players, etc later but here's one VERY GOOD: The Crowd

- What a turnout! We were loud and passionate ALL DAY. Crows fans, don't let ANYONE say we're not a genuine, passionate footy club. We're as good as any other football club in the land. Today was perfect evidence of such, so just point them to this game and tell 'em to watch it. Fantastic atmosphere.

Good:
Special mentions:
Jacobs. His best game of the the year.
Danger. Did everything. Probably will get the three votes
Smithers. Might get the 3 votes if Danger doesn't. He's back.
JJ. Playing the way Walshy wanted him to
Talia. Gave Kennedy the usual Talia bath
Laird. Put him in the fricken AA
Eddie. Put him in the fricken AA
Team Football
Yes we Campo
I love reading the preview thread on the oppositions board each week with posters saying: " *insert gun forward* to kick a bag"

Each time I just give a bit of a laugh. No one beats Talia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back